PDA

View Full Version : ATTENTION E30 drivers...(insurance?)

bimbimma
02-07-2009, 03:47 PM
just been curious to know if there are any decent insurance companies out there that will insure a car thats almost or over 20 years old.

therefore for most of the e30 owners, you're insurance company may be helpful.

anyone feel free to help me out with some info, whether it be posted here in this thread or through a pm.

i had a little incident happen recently and may have to make the switch...unfortunately BELAIR doesnt insure anything older than 19 years old.

please help me out!

thank youuuuuu

El Gato Liso
02-07-2009, 03:56 PM
just been curious to know if there are any decent insurance companies out there that will insure a car thats almost or over 20 years old.

therefore for most of the e30 owners, you're insurance company may be helpful.

anyone feel free to help me out with some info, whether it be posted here in this thread or through a pm.

i had a little incident happen recently and may have to make the switch...unfortunately BELAIR doesnt insure anything older than 19 years old.

please help me out!

thank youuuuuu

yea it use to be 20 yrs for them then they dropped it to 19
belair sucks major ass find something better. i was barely able to get my e30 insured by them, i had to get rid of my 88 and get a 90 to be able to put it on.

SamE30e
02-07-2009, 04:04 PM
Dejardin/Certas direct does. Pretty decent rates, but don't expect to get anything other than liability without getting a aprasel.

propr'one
02-07-2009, 04:12 PM
Guys, its very standard for insurance companies to ask for an appraisal for cars over 20 years old. Appraisals aren't expensive or time consuming, and can, in the event of a claim later on, be to your benefit.

bimbimma
02-07-2009, 05:58 PM
hmm...so anyone have any contact numbers i can call for quotes and such? and anyone else with anymore requests, please let me know.

belair hasn't been so bad..they've actually taken care of me and helped me out...the only problem is the fact that they dont even concider insuring something that old.

Arash
02-07-2009, 06:13 PM
hmm...so anyone have any contact numbers i can call for quotes and such? and anyone else with anymore requests, please let me know.

belair hasn't been so bad..they've actually taken care of me and helped me out...the only problem is the fact that they dont even concider insuring something that old.

u got pm.

hadesm5
02-07-2009, 06:58 PM
i'm with state farm, 87, no appraisal was needed

lvan
02-07-2009, 08:03 PM
^same here . F/C okayed. But SF will be anal if you got tickets.

bimbimma
02-08-2009, 11:33 AM
hmm....well unfortunately my record just took a turn for the worse....black ice is not my best friend nor has it ever been my friend at that....

unfornately nathen aka. "nateorious" will probably cry as i did friday night when i got struck by a yukon denali XL.

i was the new and proud owner of the vert. that nathen used to drive. Luckily, i havent installed anything that i have waiting for the spring/summer time and most of whatever was worth something on the car i had taken off. im just really sad to see this car go so im gonna do my best to have it fixed.

i dont want to believe the car is a right off, but something tells me it may be unrepairable. so thats the reason why im probably going to have to settle with an e30 for now in the case that my vehicle is a right off.

as for state farm..ive always had a hard time getting insured with statefarm...so with an accident or 2 on my record, i dont think statefarm is going to like that too much. friday night there was no ticket issued. The officer's were very understanding as to what happend and issued no ticket but let me know that he had to state me as the at fault driver.

so anything will help guys....thanks

Fel
02-08-2009, 10:04 PM
I've got my '85 insured with ING. They didn't seem to have any problem with the idea...

supernaught
02-08-2009, 11:05 PM
****ing Belair They're the reason I didnt pick up that sweet IX wagon ****ers!

Wannabe
02-08-2009, 11:22 PM
I was with statefarm, they needed an appraisal, it was only like $60

JNSchnitzer
02-08-2009, 11:25 PM
I'm with PC Financial, and I had to get '90 and above.

everlast
02-08-2009, 11:50 PM
Are you guys looking for daily driver insurance or specialty insurance (like collector car)?