PDA

View Full Version : Window tint

Magical24
02-07-2009, 01:58 AM
Hey every1, im a new member and i just bought a 02 330ci but it has no tint and i was wondering where would be a good place to go in or around Mississauga or Oakville. if anyone could post some picks or knows some places and prices that would be much appreciated

ps im gona be posting some pics of my new car in the rides section as soon as i take some picks hopefully this weekend

Dado 540
02-07-2009, 04:15 AM
got mine done at Tint King, no issues

dbworld4k
02-07-2009, 11:19 AM
Call Charlie @ Bimmersport 905 670 9200. I had mine done through him. I believe the BMW of Mississauga tint dude comes to do cars for Charlie on the side. Great work, fantastic prices.

740-iLL
02-07-2009, 07:29 PM
got mine done at Tint King, no issues

+1 *th-up*

Junaid
02-08-2009, 09:02 PM
tint king, i gave him 5 cars in 6 months period, so he treats me very nice when i go.

XtasyX
02-09-2009, 07:36 PM
tint king, i gave him 5 cars in 6 months period, so he treats me very nice when i go.

How much did he charge you for the job? I just called and was quoted $199 for a 330ci.

Any reviews on audioheaven? They have a special for $169 right now..

mike545
02-09-2009, 10:14 PM
I got mine done at cobra.

Junaid
02-09-2009, 10:19 PM
How much did he charge you for the job? I just called and was quoted $199 for a 330ci.

Any reviews on audioheaven? They have a special for $169 right now..

he charges me $200 with lifetime warranty, taxes and everything in

never tried audioheaven 169 seems tempting to get my 323 done

Dado 540
02-10-2009, 01:14 AM
I think i paid around $180 and Tint King, but i offered him cash. Lifetime warranty. as long as you pay around $200 you are good to go. Just dont get those tints that are advertised on the street lights for $80. Unless you wanna be riding with bubbled up purple tints.

tominizer
02-10-2009, 08:39 AM
Tint King - Albion and Hwy 27. Ask for Nick.

BlitzSix
02-10-2009, 09:09 AM
Thornhill tints

Bimmerette
02-10-2009, 07:51 PM
Tint King - Albion and Hwy 27. Ask for Nick.

I went there with my first car. Then I got into an accident and when the car was getting written off I called the shop and asked for some kind of proof so I can get money back from insurance. I even offered to pay him and everything but his answer was a flat out no. I don't know the name of the guy I spoke with but I'm pretty sure he was the manager. Oh yeah, and he ripped me off too. :huh?: I truly regret ever going there.

bimmerjoe
02-10-2009, 08:43 PM
Thornhill tints

+1 thornhill tints in richmond hill talk to richard he's the owner he does all our cars at town+country bmw.
9057808468 tell him joe from bmw sent you. That is if you decide to use him. Great quality tint aswell

TNation
02-11-2009, 10:14 AM
I went there with my first car. Then I got into an accident and when the car was getting written off I called the shop and asked for some kind of proof so I can get money back from insurance. I even offered to pay him and everything but his answer was a flat out no. I don't know the name of the guy I spoke with but I'm pretty sure he was the manager. Oh yeah, and he ripped me off too. :huh?: I truly regret ever going there.

he wouldn't give you a receipt that you had your windows tinted there?

tominizer
02-11-2009, 06:06 PM
Bimmerette............ how long ago??? The ownership there has changed........ so I was just wondering if this is recently. I know the current owner and that would surprise me.

BlitzSix
02-12-2009, 10:24 AM
She got into an accident a couple months ago so not too long...

tominizer
02-12-2009, 10:59 AM
I'll have to have a talk with Nick. His customers should be priority........... unless there's more to this story then what's posted.

rendered
02-12-2009, 02:23 PM
Thornhill tints

Yup! 1+ *th-up* Thornhill Tints

Richard is an honest awesome guy to deal with! I've had all my cars done through him. And I've sent him 20+ other cars. Excellent service, no cost lifetime warranty that he actually fully backs up (i've had to use it before). Prices are right on and fair, he uses top quality film, and give you choices of which film would be best for your car, and he'll explain the pro's and con's of each film. I can't say enough great things about this tint shop!

One of my cars, I picked a film I thought would be alright, but I wasn't happy with it a year later. I went back to him expecting to pay for another tint job, but he ripped the old film off and applied the new film that looked 10 times better than the old stuff no cost to me! Thats above and beyond anyone I know would go!

Worth the drive to get your tints done by the best!

rendered
02-12-2009, 02:35 PM

Well, in all fairness,

Thats because you probably asked for the cheapest cash price, and you didn't pay taxes from the beginning. You wouldn't get a reciet from the start, why would you get one 6 months or a year later?

A business doing that many cash deals, would be jeopordized seriously by the government if they provided you with a bill saying you paid taxes and all, but never really did. For them its illegal practice they'd rather avoid.

And why would you care to get $200 or less back for tints on your written off car through insurance? I bet they wouldn't even consider paying you back for tint film? Even if you paid $40 or $60 to get a fake reciet from them, its only another $140 or so for another tint job on your new car. This time pay taxes and ask for a reciet. *th-up*

jaystyles
02-12-2009, 03:05 PM
Danny at Queensway Tint King. Going back for my second car. They do good work.

XtasyX
02-13-2009, 12:41 AM
I just got my car tinted at audio heaven. They did a good job but its really patchy at the dot matrix parts on the back window, like there's air bubbles between or something. They said it's normal because of the dots and that it'll go away eventually. Does this happen to you guys?

TNation
02-13-2009, 01:18 AM
I just got my car tinted at audio heaven. They did a good job but its really patchy at the dot matrix parts on the back window, like there's air bubbles between or something. They said it's normal because of the dots and that it'll go away eventually. Does this happen to you guys?

hell no. take that back!

Dado 540
02-13-2009, 01:57 AM
Danny at Queensway Tint King. Going back for my second car. They do good work.

I thought that location closed down.

rendered
02-13-2009, 03:04 AM

In some cars its worse than others.

I don't know if the tints guys saying its normal is actually because its normal/and they can't do anything about it, or if its just a sceme to get you to leave satisfied with the job, and not complain about the dot matrix...

I've seen this problem on a lot of cars.

Its hard because they're applying the film over little bubbles on the glass (its not actually smooth glass where the dot matrix is. Naturally air is going to be trapped in between the dot matrix.

jaystyles
02-13-2009, 08:29 AM
I thought that location closed down.

Still there. Just tucked back from the road.

Fel
02-13-2009, 12:59 PM

I've seen this on several cars.... unfortunately it is pretty normal... like rendered said, those little dots feel like bumps on the glass, so it's very difficult to get the film to stick to the glass in between them. You can usually get a good stick on the smaller bumps, but in the larger bumps you'll see air.

Magical24
02-13-2009, 01:00 PM
hey guys thanks for all your replies. i think im gona go with Thornhill Tints it seams like everyone that posted is super happy with their performance so im gona give it a try thanks again and ps. i was lazy with the pics so im gona get it tinted then take some snapshots.

Magical24
02-18-2009, 05:59 PM
Nice. i got it done at thornhill tints on tuesday... A+ work they did thank you everyone for giving me some input. I love the way the car looks with the tint i posted some more pics of my car in the official rides section in the general discussion
thanks again and see you guys on the roads (as soon as its not snowing or raining :D lol)

XtasyX
02-18-2009, 07:02 PM
hey can you take a pic of the top of your rear window where the dots are? I want to see if you have a problem with air bubbles in there. Thanks

jaystyles
02-18-2009, 07:25 PM
What did it set u back? I'm assuming it was 5 windows in total.

Magical24
02-19-2009, 01:22 AM
it was 246 tax incl. 5 windows and sunroof and yeas their is some air bubbles at the top of the back window but the guy told me to give it 3 weeks and then i could go back and have him do it or he just said to take a credit card wrap it with something soft and then push the air up he also said that if im not happy with it he well redo it unfortunately i cant take a close up of the window cuz my camera is broken it was actually my friend that took the pics but you can sort of see it in this pick

il try to post a close up in the next few days so check back to see if you can spot a problem

XtasyX
02-19-2009, 08:55 AM
Yeah, mine looks like that as well. Nice photoshop license plate lol

Bimmerette
02-25-2009, 12:20 AM
Well, in all fairness,

Thats because you probably asked for the cheapest cash price, and you didn't pay taxes from the beginning. You wouldn't get a reciet from the start, why would you get one 6 months or a year later?

A business doing that many cash deals, would be jeopordized seriously by the government if they provided you with a bill saying you paid taxes and all, but never really did. For them its illegal practice they'd rather avoid.

And why would you care to get $200 or less back for tints on your written off car through insurance? I bet they wouldn't even consider paying you back for tint film? Even if you paid $40 or $60 to get a fake reciet from them, its only another $140 or so for another tint job on your new car. This time pay taxes and ask for a reciet. *th-up*

You're right but it was only 5 months later and I didn't want to pay tax because the dude ripped me off from the start, asking for $325. With tax, it would have come up to almost $400. But yes, I have learned my lesson. Go to a different place next time.

bimmerjoe
02-25-2009, 12:41 AM
[QUOTE=Magical24;1264391]Nice. i got it done at thornhill tints on tuesday... A+ work they did thank you everyone for giving me some input. I love the way the car looks with the tint i posted some more pics of my car in the official rides section in the general discussion
thanks again and see you guys on the roads (as soon as its not snowing or raining :D lol)

Awsome! i spoke with him a few days after and told me that you went there. he said that you mentioned you heard him from a website*angel*

lol nice

Striker
02-25-2009, 01:02 AM
The perforations will not allow the tint to stick, I had my 2003 325i done by a very good tint guy and he said that from the start. He is a good friend of mine and I know he was honest. Mine is like that after 6 years.