PDA

View Full Version : Soo Angry!

330DTM
02-18-2002, 03:27 PM
Okay, well first of all, I can't park my cars in the garage, b/c my family has just too much junk in there for a car to even fit in there.

Anyways, I woke up this morning going to school As i sat in the volvo, and my dad was backing out, I noticied that the BMW emble from the rear end was missing! I started cussing and wondering why someone would take it!

I'm soo mad, this is like the 3rd time someone tried to vandelize the car! There's a scratch mark too, and obviously they used a flat head screw driver or something to pry it. It's going to cost me $20-23 just to replace it.

Man, I wish I could rub on some nerve gas onto the emble just like how Bruce Willis did in THE JACKAL, that way if the jackass comes back next time, he/she will be sorry.

Any ideas what I can do next time to prevent assholes from trying to mess around with the car?

Bliss
02-18-2002, 04:08 PM
Sorry to hear that. You should invest in a good security system since your car is parked outside all the time. Get one with a motion sensor, but then you gotta deal with false alarms.:rolleyes:

330DTM
02-18-2002, 04:16 PM
Is it possible I can add the sensors onto the factory alarm system or would I have to buy a new aftermarket alarm system?

HOw much will i have to invest?

AzN_E46
02-18-2002, 07:14 PM
install some cameras inside your car and around the front lawn so that it can see all around the car.

330DTM
02-18-2002, 07:26 PM
Maybe it's a good excuse to get a new Mini DV camcorder :)

Use the old now as surveillence LOL.

Bliss
02-18-2002, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by 328DTM
Is it possible I can add the sensors onto the factory alarm system or would I have to buy a new aftermarket alarm system?

HOw much will i have to invest?
I'm not sure if you can add it to the factory alarm system. You would have to check into that. I know you can get really nice alarm systems for about $400.

FC in TO
02-19-2002, 02:28 PM
Sorry to heart that.
Many of us have all gone thru that :mad:

Security system prob won't prevent this from happening but urveillence video sounds like a neat idea (a friend did that to his 'house' after it got showed by eggs).

My badges were taken down leaving scratches behind (to my last car).
The scratches were visible when viewing it close up but didn't dug into the paint so I just left it the way it is. I would imagine the badges being stolen if there were up there again.

Think about it. I'd glad if they just took the roundel.

I don't have a fancy security system and I doubt their effectiveness against ignorants who REALLY want to mess others properties. I just keep my fingers crossed when I left my car outside.

Bliss
02-19-2002, 02:43 PM
Well the truth of the matter is that NOTHING will prevent people from doing what they do. A GOOD security system will help by scaring them away...maybe. As for the cameras, yes you will catch them on tape, but so what? What are you going to do about it? Bring it to the police? I don't think they would even care, and/or find the guy. So i think the safest thing you can do is put the car in a safe garage.

Mr seville
02-19-2002, 04:37 PM
a)move out!!!:D
b)clean out your garage!!!

Phantom
02-19-2002, 05:31 PM
It's a lose, lose situation mate. Like Bliss said, if someone's determined to cause trouble, they will. If the situation becomes volatile and they are hurt, you're liable. I remember a few years ago, an incident that provoked public outcry, when a would-be thief went to burglarize a home in the winter, slipped on ice, fell, sued the home owner, and won!! Remember the case of a neighbour shooting a thief when the thief broke into a home?? Thief won that case too. What does that tell you?

Some of us here may some day become politicians. Hopefully we'll remember these things and push to have laws changed or at least revised...................:)

330DTM
02-19-2002, 06:05 PM
That's true I guess. Can't really take any action.

However, is it alright to leave the car without the rear emble for now? I noticied there's two holes. If water gets into it, would it cause some rusting, etc? Or am I okay for now to leave it with the two holes exposed?

JDub
02-20-2002, 09:00 AM
Sorry to hear that man! I can't stand these jerks that go around at night stealing things off our rides. A few years ago, someone tried stealing my rims but luckily the locks prevented them. The best way to prevent this is to park in your garage if you can clean it up.

About your question on the two holes, I guess it should be okay but if you want to play it safe just stick some tape or something on top of them.

SickFinga
02-20-2002, 03:43 PM
Try to back in park you car. it will keep your badge out of the eyes. You park you car close to the sidewalk, so it's much easier.
If you wanna be 100% sure, try to park very close to the garage door so you can't stay right behind your car.

AzN_E46
02-20-2002, 06:53 PM
he did that when some1 tried to jack something from the front....if i remebered correct.

330DTM
02-20-2002, 11:30 PM
GOOD Memory NOS :D

I occured an incident where some loser took only ONE fog light from my car, therefore it's already parked such that the bumper is less then 5cm from the garage. I just use approximation whenever i park, and no i don't get out of the car and look then move up/down LOL

weibchenmeister
02-21-2002, 12:39 AM
Dude, i would put some LSD on the badge ;)
Also, get a camera, stay up every night and wait for that phucker. Then, jump out and beat his ass with a bat and leave him for the crows. Damn haters!!!

330DTM
02-21-2002, 12:47 AM
LOL, that was funny!
or how about hire some body guards to watch my car. If they catch someone trying to mess aroudn with it, they'll take them directly into my house and beat him up... then well, it get's pretty graphical from here, throw the punk into a tank of acid....
okay i'm going too far. Too many movies i've seen from the past