PDA

View Full Version : Changing a complete interior inside a e36

bimmer318ti
02-02-2009, 04:05 PM
So I picked up a 95” 318Ti last week. I found a new complete interior for it which I will be picking up tomorrow. Now my question is how hard is it to remove the existing interior and install the new one? I’ve done a few searches on max and google and would like some more feedback. Is it possible to do it yourself? How much time\cost we looking at if it take it to a shop like bimmersport?

Keep in mind interior includes:
- full seats
- all door panels
- dash
- center counsel
- carpet
- roof liner

basically the only thing that’s staying is my cluster, steering wheel along with the passenger airbag

simplycars
02-02-2009, 04:06 PM
if it is your first time - then removal one day and install another one

propr'one
02-02-2009, 07:06 PM
roof liner is really easy, mabye 30 mins.
door cards aren't hard either, mabye 1 hour for all of them (gotta line everything up, etc)
Taking the seats out is a bit more of a hassle. Rear is really easy, front you gotta unbolt everything from sliders down.
carpet, i'm really not sure. I've taken out some of the carpeting in my e36, but i've never removed all of it.

Dash - no idea, sorry.

bimmer318ti
02-03-2009, 11:29 AM
for roof and carpet do I need to apply some sort of glue?

- door panels and seats and straight forward the only thing i have absolutley no idea about is the dash :S

Mickey Knox
02-03-2009, 04:51 PM
I am planing to do my carpet next summer, I asked the guys at TMS, and they recommended to cut into the carpet where it goes around the heater box and just stuff it under it when istalling, otherwise you need to remove the heaterbox which I hear is a project on its own.

Boots R
02-03-2009, 05:19 PM
the dash is a bitch

Trouble65
02-04-2009, 12:10 PM
the dash is a bitch

I'd say.