PDA

View Full Version : how to disable steering wheel (E39) returning to default position

richmak
02-02-2009, 09:35 AM
Just curious if any knows the trick to disable the steering wheel (on E39) returning from the memorized position to the default position. I don't like seeing my steering wheel moving up-and-down a million times for no reasons. If it always stays at the memorized position it is all I am looking for.

Thanks.

Dado 540
02-03-2009, 12:56 PM
I believe there was a post about this a while ago, same question.

There is no way of disabling the steering wheel. It a design put in place to retract the wheel to its up most position to make it easier for the driver to get in/out the car.

If you dont want it to move at all just lift the steering wheel to its highest position vertically. That way it will not move ever, unless of course you lower it again.

j0nblayz
02-03-2009, 02:54 PM
well there is 1 way of doing it, if you dont mind not being able to adjust your driver seat, then you can just unplug the seat adjuster module on the driver side seat and it shouldn't retract anymore. Only reason i know this cause my x5 had an issue with the seat adjustment module, and it totally screwed up my steering column adjustments.

richmak
02-06-2009, 04:44 PM
Thanks ... someone in the bimmerforums suggested pulling out fuse #13 which corresponds to the steering & seat adjustment.

Dado 540
02-07-2009, 04:23 AM
but then your seat is disabled

MANDD
02-24-2009, 04:08 PM
Go to one of the sponsors to disable the comfort exit via car key memory.

Mark