PDA

View Full Version : e39 eibach prokit rake issue

j0nblayz
02-01-2009, 10:25 PM
guys, so the 530i i just bought had a set of eibach pro kit installed with stock non sport shocks. I noticed that the front struts are pretty much blown and rear was leaking a little. I ended up ordering a set of koni adjustables, mainly so i can set the rear perch to the lowest to get rid of the rear gap. I need opinions from people who are running eibach pro kits with koni adjustables, did putting the rear perch to lowest get rid of the rake look? if so can you guys post a pic of the rear. Another option i was thinking of was to cut 1 coil from the rear to get rid of the rake look. I know cutting is a huge no no, but it should be ok on the eibach pro's, i dont think the pro kits are progressive so it should not really effect too much. What do you guys think? Planning to get the koni's installed tomorrow...

TheMadChigga
02-02-2009, 05:00 PM
install them first then play around with it, how high was the rear anyways?

j0nblayz
02-02-2009, 05:29 PM
i say about 2-3 finger gap in the rear, and no gap in the front. Heres a pic of the passenger side with my summer 19's, with my winter 18" the gap is much worse then the pic.

http://www.mobilesource.ca/bmw/carwash/DSC03114.jpg

TheMadChigga
02-03-2009, 11:46 AM
that is a lot of gap, almost factory like, I'd say go for the lowest setting.

j0nblayz
02-03-2009, 03:34 PM
so i talked to the installer, and he said he can cut off one coil, he has done it in the past for some clients and there was no issues afterwards, however they were all 3 series and never on a 5. However he needs to take a look at the setup to make sure that cutting the coil wont cause seating issues. He doesn't think the lowest perch setting would make too much of difference. Im bringing it tomorrow morning, monday didn't work out for them. I still can't decide what to do.. ARGGG!!

TheMadChigga
02-03-2009, 10:34 PM
that's a good point, let me dig out pic of my old springs.

j0nblayz
02-03-2009, 11:03 PM
what kinda springs did you have before?

TheMadChigga
02-04-2009, 11:52 AM
I had H&R that was specifically for Sports package suspension.

I know people have chopped Eibachs and are fine with it.