PDA

View Full Version : seat info please...

Fel
01-31-2009, 06:25 PM
Hey, has anyone heard of these seats or have any experience witht them? I'm interested in how comfortable they are, the kind of info I can't get from a picture.

Thanks...

http://www.qualitycustomparts.com/Racing_Seats/c9/p108/Synthetic_Suede_Seats_-_Samurai_Style_(pair)/product_info.html

PinkieMoscow
01-31-2009, 07:08 PM
I've had some pretty bad experience with adjustable (reclinable) bucket after market seats. They didn't last me more than a year. The whole mechanism just went, like a shitty old tranny. I also don't see how 'quality customs' can give you 749 msrp seats for 399 =S. That's just me! Is that the only model you're looking into? Do you have any other choices?

Fel
02-01-2009, 12:57 AM
I have plenty of other choices... haha.

The reason I'm asking is because someone has offered them to me privately, and I wanted to know if they were worth the money (less than the website lists them for, even).

I just bought a 2001 Civic and want to replace the seats... they are a little on the uncomfortable side when sitting on them for longer than an hour... I'm just looking at my options so to speak.

If they won't hold up for that long, then I won't spend the money.... I can replace them with anything really, as long as they are comfortable. Also, if they have a bit of a sport shape to them (bolstered), that would be preferable, but I'm not looking for race seats or anything.

Anyone have any suggestions?