PDA

View Full Version : BMW Steering wheel logo

Tom
01-30-2009, 06:16 PM
hey guys I just got my new CF bmw steering wheel logo, It was a biatch to talk off the original one (rivets holding it to the steering wheel :o) but this new one I got was suppose to just stick on but its not sticky what so ever haha... anyways I was wondering if any of you had a suggestion on how to stick this bad boy to my steering wheel, the cf one is the same material as the original one but has no rivets like the original one, the company I ordered from told me to buy 3mm double sided tape from a partsource or whatever, if no one has any better ideas I may just do this...thanks!

98Dinan3
01-30-2009, 06:31 PM
use a good quality clear silicone sealant. Just a small dab on the back will do the job perfectly. Use a strip of painter's tape to hold it in place until the silicone sets up...

Fel
01-30-2009, 07:03 PM
Doesn't have an airbag, does it?

Stephanie
01-30-2009, 09:53 PM
use a good quality clear silicone sealant. Just a small dab on the back will do the job perfectly. Use a strip of painter's tape to hold it in place until the silicone sets up...

+1 ... and make sure everything is clean and free of debris or oily fingerprints, etc. before you silicone the emblem onto the wheel... a little bit of rubbing alcohol should do the trick... the heat (oh how i miss it) in the summer will compromise the staying power of pretty well any adhesive, so proper prep is key...

ZHP_Bimmer05
01-30-2009, 11:36 PM
wow my stupid dad made the same mistake, he had to silicone the new cf back on it, only way to fix it is an entire new airbag.