PDA

View Full Version : Classifieds section editing only

Robb
01-30-2009, 04:19 PM
What do you guys think about editing only classified ads ?
When an Item gets sold, we mark sold in the thread, but people usually dont scroll down enough to see it, plus we dont want classifieds threads popping up on google searches in the future either...

thanks

PinkieMoscow
01-30-2009, 06:24 PM
That's a good idea. +1

NOTORIOUS VR
01-31-2009, 12:50 PM
I never understood why you cannot edit your own Classified ad's... it makes no sense...

Price changes, and cleaning up the main post is what every one will see when they click on the thread link.

+1 for being able to edit as well.

v_bimmer
01-31-2009, 02:04 PM
+1 ^^^^^^^

ZiMMie
01-31-2009, 02:32 PM
this was suggested couple yrs ago.
the results in this thread.

http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57761

NOTORIOUS VR
01-31-2009, 03:04 PM
I don't get it... It's as if Bliss is saying they don't know how, or they can't because the forum software won't let them. Possible add-in issue?

Maybe Bliss can chime in here? If it's a forum limitation as it sits, maybe someone can come up with a solution?

craigIS
02-04-2009, 02:35 AM
I don't get it... It's as if Bliss is saying they don't know how, or they can't because the forum software won't let them. Possible add-in issue?

Maybe Bliss can chime in here? If it's a forum limitation as it sits, maybe someone can come up with a solution?

there was a thread or two on editing OP's a while ago too.

Sorry, we've considered this in the past, but we found that this would not work here. It may on smaller boards, but there's a lot of traffic here, making a lot of posts/threads which would make it more difficult to moderate.
Also if people were to be able to change/remove their posts at any given time which may cause a thread to make no sense if one decides to delete, and another does not.

and here is the thread: http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92891

Robb
02-04-2009, 02:46 AM
We should be able to control our sale at least....

craigIS
02-04-2009, 02:51 AM
We should be able to control our sale at least....

tell you the truth, i dont think that the the Admin (Bliss) or the mods can allow members to be able to only edit the classifieds OP. i think that it would have to be across the whole board not just in the classifieds section.

Bliss might be able to explain better idk....

NOTORIOUS VR
02-04-2009, 11:26 PM
tell you the truth, i dont think that the the Admin (Bliss) or the mods can allow members to be able to only edit the classifieds OP. i think that it would have to be across the whole board not just in the classifieds section.

Bliss might be able to explain better idk....

I've built VB forums before.. I'm pretty sure I recall being able to set per forum/section rules that will overwrite the rules for a forum wide setting.

But I do know that some add-ons for VB do 'break' things that are supposed to work. Which is why the good people in the VB support forums might be able to help with this issue *IF* it's a forums limitation.