PDA

View Full Version : If you didn't know (All read)

hawgripper
01-26-2009, 07:45 PM
I wanted to put this up for everyone.
If you are not aware, no
matter the year of your car you can get BMW's roadside assistance.

I just sold my 98' 328i a few weeks ago and it had bmw roadside.

I called BMW the other day and inquired about the roadside for my 94' 525i and they informed me no problem. BMW states that it doesn't matter the year of the vehicle. They quoted me around $120 a year.
Last year the rad hose snapped off on the DVP while I was in T.O. and they flat bed my car to Parkview BMW and gave me a rental car for free while it was being fixed that alone was the cost of the yearly rate.

I just thought everyone should know.
There are a few other perks with the plan.

BigD
01-26-2009, 07:51 PM
You know that CAA Plus is 20 bucks cheaper than that right?

hawgripper
01-26-2009, 07:59 PM
CAA is cheaper but doesn't offer near the coveredge that BMW has.
If you are more than 80km's from home they will put you up in a hotel and pay for your food while it is being fixed and a few other perks that I can't remember right now but I weighed the 2 out and BMW comes out ahead.

Actually they say that they will transport your car to a BMW retailer or retailer of yor choice within 80 km's of the breakdown.

BigD
01-27-2009, 01:01 AM
That's pretty cool. Although for 100 bucks CAA+ will flatbed you 200km for free, which may hopefully mean you can stay home while your car is fixed. Plus their fleet size is huge. During huge snowstorms when everyone is ****in up, it's nice to know that your service provider gets dibs on the towtrucks in the area.

98Dinan3
01-27-2009, 01:10 AM
CAA is cheaper but doesn't offer near the coveredge that BMW has.
If you are more than 80km's from home they will put you up in a hotel and pay for your food while it is being fixed and a few other perks that I can't remember right now but I weighed the 2 out and BMW comes out ahead.

Actually they say that they will transport your car to a BMW retailer or retailer of yor choice within 80 km's of the breakdown.

...you get all this "great" stuff and you get to have your ass raped without lube getting your car fixed at the dealer. CAA gold for me, and I'll fix my own shit...

craigIS
01-27-2009, 01:39 AM
i didnt have any kind of anything like this on my car last winter.....

i hit a snow drift and my back end lost it and i went into a ditch....cost $150 for CAA to tow my car out. now i have CAA unnder my moms name, she has it for her car now too.

its handy, cuz you never know when you may need it.

summit425
01-27-2009, 03:55 AM
CAA premium is the best!!

great price and you get max. 4 x 200km towing... per year..

can't complain

JunzieB
01-27-2009, 09:25 AM
...you get all this "great" stuff and you get to have your ass raped without lube getting your car fixed at the dealer. CAA gold for me, and I'll fix my own shit...

+1

The moment i found out that BMW roadside will only tow my car to the nearest BMW dealer and not a shop of my choice or not even home, i said F**k it and cancelled my membership.

T.Dot_E30
01-27-2009, 09:54 AM
lol yea obviously they will rob you at the dealer.

Not really an option for most of us here, as most ppl don't goto the dealer for anything for warranty work.

Mikeee46coup
01-27-2009, 01:52 PM
I even paid for CAA premium while my car was covered under BMW roadside assistance and warranty, the only reason it has 250k and still running strong is I won't let BMW touch it. CAA premium +RMP FTW!!!

mudmojo
01-28-2009, 06:42 PM
Had my engine blow on the track at Shannonville and had it towed to Guelph with CAA premium. Only cost me $120 + 1 free 200km tow which a friend lent to me to begin with.

I called around and one quote was $700+ for that tow!

Other than the lengthy free tows to anywhere, the other good things about CAA premium:

a) you can often lend a tow to someone else in need without your even needing to be there or calling in

and

b) you can use it on your non-BMW cars.

SamE30e
01-28-2009, 07:01 PM

QFT. At 120$ an hour shop rate I'd rather use CAA then get bent over and raped sideways by the dealer.

johnoz
01-28-2009, 07:05 PM
I am using CIBC Road side assistance if anyone is interested
$100 a year.
http://www.cibc.com/ca/visa/optional-services/auto-club.html

propr'one
01-28-2009, 07:31 PM
caa wins!

Spoose
01-28-2009, 08:32 PM
hands down, CAA. several times had my wifes car towed from London to home, no questions, no hassles.

only had one problem with them over 5 years and that was this year. got flat on dvp, called CAA, cop comes asks me to move it, tell him CAA is coming. Tow truck comes has CAA all over it so cop tells him to load me up and take me home. driver loads me up and I give him my CAA card and he says that he is not working for CAA, I have to pay for the tow. Long story shot, I call CAA and freak out, CAA freaks out on the driver and tells him tow me or lose the contract. 20mins later, I'm home.

Stephanie
01-28-2009, 08:51 PM
We all have CAA Plus in my family as well... Although I think its pretty damn cool that BMW will let any year and model on as part of the Roadside Assistance program... Then again, it earns them extra money... Although, the people that have this service likely opt for service at a BMW dealership, making it worthwhile to them...

wow... I contradicted myself quite a bit in that paragraph... lol

///MG
01-28-2009, 09:38 PM
I recently enrolled in a TD Visa Gold Elite. There's a $99 annual fee but that comes with the TD Auto Delux package which has the same coverage as CCA ... unlimited calls per year, 200km tow on any vehicle you own or operate, etc... + you get 1% cash back on ALL of the purchases made using the visa..

BMW_7
02-01-2009, 09:19 PM
wow... I contradicted myself quite a bit in that paragraph... lol

well, you're a woman lol

Anyway I never had CAA or any roadside assistance. Thankfully haven't had much incidents. Only 1 tow that I needed this past summer cost me $100 or so. 5 blocks from my house!! bummer..

Besides, in 5-6 years Ive had my car I never needed a tow, so I figure, If I actually did get CAA when I got my car I'd be out of more money than I am now.

MiroE36
02-01-2009, 11:12 PM
CAA = peace of mind

Stephanie
02-02-2009, 08:51 AM
well, you're a woman lol

hey now, be nice! :(

TNation
02-02-2009, 11:07 AM
I have CAA as well, its great

black bnr32
02-03-2009, 01:39 PM
I had to unload a non-rolling car with a smashed front end off of a bobcat trailer and get it into my garage. CAA did it no problem. VERY SATISFIED, as I'm pretty sure we bent a few rules on that one.