PDA

View Full Version : i need advice and help from members

bimmerjoe
01-23-2009, 08:52 PM
Guys,

ive been trying and trying to find myself a nice front lip for my E39 540i with m packedge. and i keep seeing the same old hammen one i dont like it and i dont want to have to settle for that one. i need some of your help to post pix of some nice front lips for this car.

hoods would be nice also.

im also looking to get new headlights. i work at the dealer and brand new at cost price they are $1500 smackeroos.
i want it to be eather oem or very close to it.
My car is in the body shop getting stripped down and repainted and im doing whatever mods i can while its in there. advice and pix would be greatly appreciated.

here is what is currently looks like.

the reason for all this strip down is the day before i put my car away i hit an animal on the highway and it did the below damage to my baby. so i figured i would paint the whole thing.

None the less i need pictures and opinions on what lips i should use headlights and hoods.

thanks all*wave*

Junaid
01-23-2009, 09:16 PM
there is a vorsinteer (sp?) lip, it looks pretty nice, as for headlights oem is the way to go, dont get any cheap ass depos that look like ass. get matte grill other than that your car is pretty much set.

Trouble65
01-24-2009, 06:33 AM
dont get any cheap ass depos that look like ass. .

Depos are actually just as good quality as the oem at a better price.

Mystikal
01-24-2009, 11:39 AM
Depo does not equal ZKW/Hella/Bosch. They've gotten "good" or "great" depending on product, but nothing like the real stuff.

Trouble65
01-24-2009, 02:25 PM
Depo does not equal ZKW/Hella/Bosch. They've gotten "good" or "great" depending on product, but nothing like the real stuff.

I said they were just as good if not better then oem. I never said they were equal or better then ZKW/Hella/Bosch.

bimmerjoe
01-24-2009, 03:50 PM

ive been looking at the umnitza headlights they look ok.
im looking for the amber corner one. i like the stock look.
hella makes them? and bosch also???

front lips guys,, give me different looks

Paul540/m3
01-24-2009, 10:12 PM
I'd be willing to sell my Authentic Hamman if the price was right.

bimmerjoe
01-25-2009, 02:22 AM
post pix i wanna see what i can woork with

bimmerjoe
01-26-2009, 01:31 AM
no advice?!?

dbworld4k
01-26-2009, 11:16 AM
I said they were just as good if not better then oem. I never said they were equal or better then ZKW/Hella/Bosch.

Uhhh, ZKW/Hella/Bosh = OEM.

Mystikal
01-26-2009, 12:01 PM

lol, what he said. I honestly had to read his post twice to understand what was going on.

dbworld4k
01-26-2009, 12:04 PM
I think what he meant to say was better than the stock US/CDN spec OE lights, which makes sense.

Trouble65
01-26-2009, 12:15 PM

Busted! LOL
I seen Bosh on my car however I have newer seen Hella or ZKW.

dbworld4k
01-26-2009, 12:20 PM
Okay disregard my previous post, lol.

Axxe
01-26-2009, 12:36 PM
no advice?!?

Get some nicer wheels, and sell the chromies you have to someone with a navigator.

Mystikal
01-26-2009, 12:50 PM
Get some nicer wheels, and sell the chromies you have to someone with a navigator.

Tomek is on fire today.

Junaid
01-26-2009, 01:42 PM
there isnt much you can do to your car...it already has the m-tech package. I guess a drop,rims, exhaust and oem hella headlights.

Thats all i could think of...i am not a fan of lips so i dunno which are good and which are bad.

Fel
01-26-2009, 02:50 PM

lol.... jokes. I concur.

bimmerjoe
01-27-2009, 12:37 AM
there isnt much you can do to your car...it already has the m-tech package. I guess a drop,rims, exhaust and oem hella headlights.

Thats all i could think of...i am not a fan of lips so i dunno which are good and which are bad.

its lowered already, has rims exhaust and oem hella headlights. damn i need to update my profile pic!

the reason im looking on getting new lights is bcause there pitted to shit and will look mighty gay with a freshly painted car.

bimmerjoe
01-27-2009, 12:41 AM
lol.... jokes. I concur.

I agree aswell! i have the rims for sale right now. i have no idea what i want to throw on next. that i need to research. i know that i want to still stick with a 20 inch rim but maby 20x11 with a 265 strech??? thoughts

and remember all this isnt a thread about what should i do to my car. its just advice on where to find three parts that i im looking for.

1. hood/ not carbon fibre somthing like the vorstiener (most likely spelt wrong)
or a custom boser.
2. headlights.
3. front lip

btw thanks for the input negative or positive is welcome by all means

Junaid
01-27-2009, 07:47 PM
Lips, hood contact eurodyne in the states and headlights you said you worked at a dealer so you can get it from there.

my advicce go with boser.

bimmerjoe
01-27-2009, 07:55 PM
I wonder if they make the sheet metal to create the boser hood. I've been trying to look for a website that sells boser stuff.
Can't find none!

Junaid
01-28-2009, 09:35 PM
Any professional body shop could do it, contact maybe Autopia they might do it. It will look badass.