PDA

View Full Version : Still Recovering...lol

sski
01-22-2009, 04:25 PM
Dropped the X3 at the dealer for some warranty work yesterday. Service Advisor called me around 3pm, apologized the car would not be ready that night and indicated they would provide me a vehicle to get home and back the next day. No problem, I figured I'd end up with a 128 or 323 or something.

I get to dealership and they tell me: "you actually have your choice...a Ford Focus or a Nissan Versa...if you were here bit sooner you would have gotten a PT Cruiser..." I just looked at him. I decided the Versa was the lesser of the evils. I have the X3 back now and am recovering from my ordeal...lol.

Fel
01-22-2009, 04:27 PM
haha...

Damn cheapo dealerships...

StikiGreenZ
01-22-2009, 05:47 PM
Was it BMW Toronto? Same thing happened to my friend when he took in his 2004 545i, he took the Versa too...

Quack
01-22-2009, 06:13 PM
I don't know why dealers do that, we have courtesy cars at my dealer, when we run out we give the customers dealer demos, and if we ran out of that than we will rent a car for them from a 3rd party.

craz azn
01-22-2009, 06:24 PM
IIRC, when BMW Toronto runs out of loaner vehicles they organize rentals for them. Unfortunately (IMO) they don't use Demos or that sort of thing in that case...

Bullet Ride
01-22-2009, 06:38 PM
last year I got an e90 loaner from BMW Waterloo *th-up*

Gamite
01-22-2009, 08:53 PM
I get 335's from mississauga :)

coolhand
01-23-2009, 12:06 AM
So what ur trying to say it that the X3 is a POS?

SamE30e
01-23-2009, 12:20 AM
So what ur trying to say it that the X3 is a POS?

No, the dealer is saying that.

I want to take my car E30 to Budd's to get a nice loaner lol.

arsevader
01-23-2009, 08:23 AM
No, the dealer is saying that.

I want to take my car E30 to Budd's to get a nice loaner lol.

Budds will tell you that you are out of luck when they run out of their loaners.

Axxe
01-23-2009, 08:56 AM
Budds Oakville tried to give my dad a Chevy Cobalt as a loaner for warranty work on his 545i. Needless to say that didn't go over too smoothly, and he ended up with an X5 demo.

Fel
01-23-2009, 09:14 AM
Really though, this shouldn't be much of a surprise... dealerships only have so many cars (if any at all) that they can lend out... When I worked in rentals, we did a lot of this business. My location mostly dealt with a GM dealer, so they would call us and we would at least put their customers in GM cars... but that's not a luxury we could provide for higher end customers... a lot of our fleet came from that same dealership.

For a while, our Markham location dealt with Town & Country BMW to give them cars when they were in a pinch... sometimes they would run out of loaners and start calling us. They were an almighty pain in the ass to deal with... not only because the service attendants at the dealership were pricks, but usually the customers themselves were massive pricks. We did that for the better part of a year before we decided the hassle wasn't worth it and told them to rent elsewhere....

slemmer
01-23-2009, 09:34 AM
At the time Mississauga gave me a brand new 330 when my 100K service wasn't finished. They called back the next day asking when I can return it since they had the car sold! Another time when the car was in for service and I came in @ 6, they said the shuttle is not here but instead they sent me home in a taxi and sent the shuttle to pick me up the next day. I guess depending on how much they anticipate spending on service they may put you in a bimmer or something else - all depends on their out of pocket expense and insurance factors.

Blades
01-23-2009, 09:56 AM
couple of years ago I got a Chrysler Pacifica as a loaner from the BMW dealer. I didnt mind it to much as I started driving it. I think its the only Chrysler I ever liked aside from my K car.

SamE30e
01-23-2009, 10:22 AM
Budds will tell you that you are out of luck when they run out of their loaners.

My E30 is a classic son! They should give me a damn Lambo!

sski
01-23-2009, 10:22 AM
It was Maranello BMW.

The work was recall and warranty so my bill was zero. Having said that the dealership is still getting paid by BMW Canada but the profit margin is probably better on Inspection I, Inspection II types of services.

I'm figuring on a 325i to replace my Altima, so I though it would be nice to live with a 3 series for more than a 15min test drive.

btw, in reference to Town and Country, I went in there before I bought the X3 at Marenello. Sales guys did not look twice at me. Many were not busy and just sitting at their desks.

Everytime I go into Maranello (new or CPO showroom) a sales rep is immediately there. "Good Morning sir, can I answer any questions for you". Not pushy simply be attentive.

Mystikal
01-23-2009, 12:08 PM
FWIW, the Focus drives a lot better than the Versa. It's actually a nice handling car.

Shepposki
01-23-2009, 12:58 PM
i work at BMW Waterloo in sales and we pretty much always have a new loaner to give a customer.

sski
01-23-2009, 01:14 PM
I'm guessing they must have all been out. It's no big deal, they did provide me a vehicle so I'm not taking the bus.

Nissan made me drive my Altima for three weeks with a cracked exhaust manifold while they waited for the part. It was a warranty repair. The car would not exceed 80 kph on the highway, it would slow to 60kph on the hills flat to floor. They said if I had purchased the "extended warranty", they could provide a courtesy car. Basically they were punishing me for having the balls to say No to the business manager. The car has served me well since, but I still have a bad taste in my mouth sometimes.

King Luis
01-23-2009, 07:51 PM
only time i got a rental was at budds and they said because i was supposed to pick up my m on the saturday and the tech couldn't replace my window in time they could only give me a enterprise rental instead of one of their cars.

Junaid
01-23-2009, 09:25 PM
lol drive the shit out of versa before returning