PDA

View Full Version : LA BMW problem

Suprano
01-10-2009, 10:45 PM
I'm glad to see Bimmersport got it's own thread since most of the guys on here go to Charlie anyway. I wish I could bring the new e36 I got for my wife in, but it's a long drive from LA to Mississauga.

Anyways, I was hoping someone could tell me what it means when the OBC says that there is a problem with the brake light circuit? it's not the fuse or the bulb, so I'm all out of ideas; and I consulted the manual, but that wasn't much help.

A little long distance advice would be really really helpful right now.

Thanks,

Rob; the brother of the guy (Eddie) with the 328is that looks like an M3, but really isn't and we can all tell because of the crooked M3 badge......

Oh and LA (Chino Hills more precisely) is really nice. If anyone is interested, check out the rides section for some pics of the new Bimmer and a solo cruise through Carbon Canyon.

98Dinan3
01-11-2009, 01:17 AM
you need to replace the brake light switch located on the brake pedal assembly. It's a common problem, but the part is cheap, and the swap takes all of 5 minutes.

here's a DIY to help you out bro...
http://www.geocities.com/karlkarlb/brakeswitch.html

Suprano
01-11-2009, 01:35 PM
thanks, that makes it unanimous b/c John told me the same thing. The link is appreciated too.

Rob

spoony_prelude
01-13-2009, 07:40 PM
lol, such a nice brother

Jay

MiroE36
01-14-2009, 11:24 AM
i had that message pop up on my OBD too, turning the car off and on again makes it go away :D

Singe
01-31-2009, 02:29 PM
i had that message pop up on my OBD too, turning the car off and on again makes it go away :D

Yes it odes :D

Axxe
02-01-2009, 11:11 AM
Try out "two nice guys garage" (TNG). Don't know where they are located (somewhere in LA) but a bunch of guys on a US forum highly recommend them.