PDA

View Full Version : Are these projectors?

BabyHerc
01-04-2009, 04:41 PM
Made by Bosch. They came with the car. Dealer didn't know (do they know anything??!?)

If they are projectors, does that mean I can just throw in some HIDs and I'm good to go?

ZiMMie
01-04-2009, 04:45 PM
No! putting hids will work but it will not give u the light output u want. The beam pattern from a projector is very noice, and the light output is more evenly spread compared to a reflective lens.

with all that said, 4300K hid in a reflective lenses still its better than your typical halogen bulb in there.

azn_oo1
01-04-2009, 04:49 PM
u can still throw hids in there just it would blind everyone else. what you can do is upgrade them to aftermarket headlights i think it would cost around 500 for new housing with projkectors and hid kit

Dado 540
01-04-2009, 05:00 PM
Those are the good old HALOGEN lights.

vadim321go
01-04-2009, 05:06 PM
new headlights will cost you 250$

http://ddmtuning.com/e46headlights.html

BabyHerc
01-04-2009, 05:58 PM
No! putting hids will work but it will not give u the light output u want. The beam pattern from a projector is very noice, and the light output is more evenly spread compared to a reflective lens.

with all that said, 4300K hid in a reflective lenses still its better than your typical halogen bulb in there.

Thanks, so these are reflectors?

Can I pick up 4300K bulbs at Canadian Tire?

BlitzSix
01-04-2009, 06:19 PM
Thanks, so these are reflectors?

Can I pick up 4300K bulbs at Canadian Tire?

That's not really how it works, you don't just buy "4300k bulbs". You need to buy an HID kit (which you can buy like a 4300k kit, 6000k kit, etc) or whatever which has the ballasts and whatnot (excuse my terminology) which would convert your standard halogen lights to HID lights (which are brighter). It's like a unit that you wire into your lights.

You can buy lights that "look" like HIDs for your current setup, but they won't actually give you more light, they'll just be bluish which is kinda pointless. If you want it to actually be brighter, you need an HID kit. If you want them to be brighter AND have a way better light output (which is not as scattered, has a definite cutoff so that you don't blind ppl, etc), then you need the HID kit AND the projector lights or whatever.

www.absolutehid.ca for HID kits and info, propr`one on this forum owns that so he will help you out deciding on a setup and whatnot if you want to get them..

BabyHerc
01-04-2009, 06:37 PM
That's not really how it works, you don't just buy "4300k bulbs". You need to buy an HID kit (which you can buy like a 4300k kit, 6000k kit, etc) or whatever which has the ballasts and whatnot (excuse my terminology) which would convert your standard halogen lights to HID lights (which are brighter). It's like a unit that you wire into your lights.

You can buy lights that "look" like HIDs for your current setup, but they won't actually give you more light, they'll just be bluish which is kinda pointless. If you want it to actually be brighter, you need an HID kit. If you want them to be brighter AND have a way better light output (which is not as scattered, has a definite cutoff so that you don't blind ppl, etc), then you need the HID kit AND the projector lights or whatever.

www.absolutehid.ca for HID kits and info, propr`one on this forum owns that so he will help you out deciding on a setup and whatnot if you want to get them..

Thanks!