PDA

View Full Version : Is it normal to have more clicks at this weather??

summit425
01-04-2009, 04:47 AM
hi guys

I am not sure if it is normal to have more clicks when I start the car which is parked underground garage for about a day with the temperature of -4 C degree.

I just changed my battery 2 weeks ago and I want to know if anything else is wrong.

Usually tic tic and engine starts

but today was like tic tic tic tic and engine started.

Is it normal?? seems like battery is draining? or the starter is getting worse??

Once I started the car and I turned off then started again. Then it was normal tic tic then engine started.

Is it normal??

ProStreetDriver
01-04-2009, 01:54 PM
its because your engine is cold along with the oil. so the oil is thick and it takes a little longer before it goes through your motor. also in the cold, everything shrinks so the clearances aren't as tight as they would be when the engine is warm.

its usually pretty normal...

BMW_7
01-04-2009, 05:35 PM
you still shouldn't have problems starting. if it gets worse it's the starter for sure.

craigIS
01-04-2009, 06:16 PM
basically winter sucks..... myself and about 5 ppl i know are all having problems this winter with our cars.....winter does this to cars i guess

summit425
01-04-2009, 07:28 PM
I didn't have this problem today.. well it's really due to the weather...

TNation
01-04-2009, 08:14 PM
basically winter sucks..... myself and about 5 ppl i know are all having problems this winter with our cars.....winter does this to cars i guess

correction: BMW's have more issues :D

MiroE36
01-04-2009, 10:01 PM
^^^ i dare to dream that the broad touching the bike is topless