PDA

View Full Version : Custom E34 Shifter console

NOTORIOUS VR
01-01-2009, 11:19 PM
What's up guys... Wanted to share the custom shifter console a buddy and I made for his E34. It used to be an auto, and we converted the car to a 6 speed. Of course the original auto console was no good, so I came up with this idea.

I didn't think to take any more build process pictures, so what you're seeing is the frosting of the Lexan, and the finished piece in the car. But hope u guys enjoy. It's not done yet, there will be a black border put around the top side to properly hide the LED's (that currently the electrical tape is hiding so it doesn't blind him while driving).

Let me know what you think *smoke*

http://i44.tinypic.com/rhuxbt.jpg

http://i39.tinypic.com/30ht2kg.jpg

Gamite
01-01-2009, 11:38 PM
try making the LED's orange

Qube
01-02-2009, 12:23 AM
try making the LED's orange

+1. Definitely.

NOTORIOUS VR
01-02-2009, 12:22 PM
I was sorta thinking the same at first (before it even went into the car) but after putting it in I kinda like the contrast to everything else in the car that's amber. Also I'm not sure how close I can match the interior lighting anyways with LED's.

I must admit, the pics don't do it justice. It looks far better in person and once the shift boot and border are in place it'll look different once again.

bmwm5lover
01-03-2009, 11:23 AM
Please remove that from the interior of the e34. K,thx, bye.

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1148798

NOTORIOUS VR
01-03-2009, 12:19 PM
^^ What are you a child? Oh noes! The children of the BMW community don't approve. It's not even finished yet.

k, thx, bye... :rolleyes:

bimmer_5er
01-03-2009, 01:16 PM
Hmm still undecided. I think it deff has potential to look really great once you complete it. Keep us posted

Props for thinking outside the box though

NOTORIOUS VR
01-03-2009, 02:51 PM
Will do... getting some good ideas from bimmerforums about how to diffuse the LED's a bit... so we'll see what direction it goes... I'll try to snap more pics of the process this time around.

Bavaria
01-08-2009, 12:53 AM
^^ What are you a child? Oh noes! The children of the BMW community don't approve. It's not even finished yet.

k, thx, bye... :rolleyes:

Do what u like to ur car man
dont care what ppl think
looks good so far :)

spoony_prelude
01-10-2009, 04:59 PM
I think it's a great Idea and i like that way it looks with the white led's. Although yes orange leds would make it look a little more original, i like the look of the white lights! Great job man, Dont forget to post pics of the finished product!

Jay

Trouble65
01-10-2009, 07:24 PM
Looks kewl. Having said that orange LED's would look much better.

Fel
01-10-2009, 09:08 PM
Well, not my style, but it's an interesting idea.... never seen that done to an e34 before.

I'd agree with the orange comments, but like you said, matching it would be difficult. I'd almost lean towards white instead of blue.

Good luck getting to together!