PDA

View Full Version : Have carfax

Jave
12-31-2008, 11:50 PM
PM me the VIN if you need any carfax reports until the end of January.

Walkman
01-18-2009, 11:19 AM
Check PM

thanks

Wannabe
01-18-2009, 02:29 PM
haha thats awesome.. i just posted a have carfax as well! these guys are gonna be happy!

Walkman
01-18-2009, 03:45 PM
Received my report by mail like 2 seconds after I asked Jave

Thanks you very much !

Could not be more happier, especially when the report is CLEAN

=)

PinkieMoscow
01-18-2009, 07:45 PM
Yay, my car is clean! ty very much!

Mikeee46coup
01-18-2009, 08:01 PM
PM sent *th-up**th-up*

ChrisTO
01-18-2009, 09:13 PM
take a look at this CBC marketplace report on Carfax. I don't think they are as great for CDN cars. May want to look into CarProof as well since they are CDN based company.

http://www.cbc.ca/marketplace/2009/vehicle_history_reports/main.html

BTW this is not meant to take away from the OP generosity.

Jave
01-18-2009, 10:27 PM
take a look at this CBC marketplace report on Carfax. I don't think they are as great for CDN cars. May want to look into CarProof as well since they are CDN based company.

http://www.cbc.ca/marketplace/2009/vehicle_history_reports/main.html

BTW this is not meant to take away from the OP generosity.

I agree but at least if it does show accident/rebuilt title etc the it will have at least saved you the time and effort to go look at the car. Definitely get your car checked out by a mechanic as well and don't rely on this.

daytona
01-19-2009, 09:05 AM
so what was the other company that had the info and carfax didnt...CBC didnt mentioned the other data base that had up to date info.

whoami
01-19-2009, 09:13 AM
try carproof, canada cars only

dtthiaga
01-19-2009, 08:53 PM
While we are on the topic, anybody use www.autocheck.com?

I heard it reports just as much as carproof.

The only issue with Carproof is it's $/report instead of Carfax and AutoCheck which has an unlimited reports/month option.

alexm520
01-19-2009, 09:33 PM
Here is another article and a short video from CBC's Market Place TV show that aired last Friday (Jan 16th) about CARFAX.

There is a short 2 minute video from the full TV segment. Video link is at the top right corner of this link.
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/british-columbia/story/2009/01/15/marketplace-carfax.html

Key points from this TV show

Clean Carfax report can give you a false sense of security. They show a couple of cars with a clean report that been in an accident.
It can take months and in some cases years for Carfax to receive reports about a car. And other times they may never receive it.
Carfax's spokesman in this show, kept repeating that Carfax relies on other sources (insurance companies, police etc.) to send updates to them. Never ones did he say that Carfax makes an effort to go out and actually look and collect such information (ie., being proactive).
Take it to your mechanic even with a clean Carfax report. The Carfax spokesman at the end of this short 2 minutes video (link above) says people should take a car to their mechanic, regardless if it is a clean report or not.

Alex

moscowpete
01-20-2009, 12:21 AM
Much Obliged!