PDA

View Full Version : Vibration and veering?

BabyHerc
12-29-2008, 08:19 PM
I feel a vibration when I hit 120km/h or more on the highway, and ocassionally my car veers a little to one side or the other, to the point where I have to almost fight the wheel to straighten out. I think I have a loose ball joint on my front right side. How can I check what the problem is, and how much might it cost?

El Gato Liso
12-29-2008, 09:56 PM
make sure your tires are evenly inflated!!!!

MiroE36
12-29-2008, 10:02 PM
I just love how the advertisement above this thread says "got vibration in your new wheels?"

Whenever you get a problem like this, work your way up from the cheapest to most expensive fix... so check tire pressure... check your rims and tires for dents and damage that may cause them to wobble. This might sound like a stupid question, but do you have the same brand of wheels on the car, and have they been changed at the same time. Go from there and best of luck

e30_kid89
01-02-2009, 04:18 PM
Best thing to do is to CALL Bimmersport for a accurate fast response.

BabyHerc
01-02-2009, 07:51 PM
I just love how the advertisement above this thread says "got vibration in your new wheels?"

Whenever you get a problem like this, work your way up from the cheapest to most expensive fix... so check tire pressure... check your rims and tires for dents and damage that may cause them to wobble. This might sound like a stupid question, but do you have the same brand of wheels on the car, and have they been changed at the same time. Go from there and best of luck

Thanks, I'll check those details on the weekend.