PDA

View Full Version : Jamo speakers, your opinions please!

Swerve
12-21-2008, 10:30 PM
Okay, so they're not car speakers, but there seems to be quite a few audiophiles on this board so I thought I'd ask!

I'm considering purchasing a pair of Jamo C607 speakers that I found to be very reasonably priced.

http://www.jamo.com/Default.aspx?ID=6302&M=Shop&PID=18208&ProductID=17931

Anyone have experience with these? Like them? Hate them?

I will be using them in my condo for everything (TV, movies, music, etc) and will be powering them with a Yahama HTR 5750.

Mods: If you need to move this to Off-topic, I understand.

Romaz
12-22-2008, 08:31 PM
I had a set of Jamo speakers a few years ago. That are excellent speakers but lack a bit of power at high vol. They would probably by my third pick aside from Cerwin vega and Bose.

NOTORIOUS VR
12-25-2008, 12:29 PM
Okay, so they're not car speakers, but there seems to be quite a few audiophiles on this board so I thought I'd ask!

I'm considering purchasing a pair of Jamo C607 speakers that I found to be very reasonably priced.

http://www.jamo.com/Default.aspx?ID=6302&M=Shop&PID=18208&ProductID=17931

Anyone have experience with these? Like them? Hate them?

I will be using them in my condo for everything (TV, movies, music, etc) and will be powering them with a Yahama HTR 5750.

Mods: If you need to move this to Off-topic, I understand.

I have a good friend that sells car/home audio stuff in Germany that I used to work for. He loved Jamo stuff for a while. Not sure how their quality is now, but they were good speakers!

I'd say if you can pick them up for a decent price you won't go wrong.

AceOfSpades
12-26-2008, 09:16 AM
...it sounds like walmart stuff :D

maxevo
12-29-2008, 05:27 PM
Simply Garbage , misses alot on the high notes and not very clear

Swerve
01-02-2009, 12:35 PM
I ended up buying these and am very pleased with them so far. I find them to be quite clear and very good in the midrange, but I may not have the ear others do for discerning what sounds good. Also, I don't have the buckets of cash so I tend not to spend too much time listening to higher end speakers.

These were a tremendous sound improvement over what I had before, so now I'm considering getting the matching center channel and subwoofer!

FuryriderX
01-02-2009, 05:18 PM
i have a htr-5850 - its a fantastic amp, no complaints. used it for a dj gig with no issues, haha.

i built my own speakers - 2 6.5" midbass, single 4" mid, 3/4" titanium bullet tweeter for the sides, cabinets are 13 ply russian birch - center has 2 e30 premium speakers+tweeters (sounds surprisingly good, but dont put any bass through it - perfect for a center channel though), rears are 5 1/4 2-way units. sub is 2 10" woofers powered by a Kenwood component amp in a ported box i built myself.

i was blown away by the sound - for a homebrew system, everyone that hears it is thoroughly impressed.

sounds like you got some nice stuff though - i like the look of them