PDA

View Full Version : broken spring

nikijack
12-21-2008, 04:49 PM
Hi everybody:
I just broke a front spring on my e39. In the past month, I've replaced two front wishbones, one front wheel bearing, two front shocks (replaced Bilstein with Koni FSD) and then the spring broke and destroyed the new tire. Now the car is out of action, waiting for the springs and tire to arrive. And slow delivery at Christmas time.

cheers,

Jack

MLue1
12-21-2008, 05:17 PM
Hi everybody:
I just broke a front spring on my e39. In the past month, I've replaced two front wishbones, one front wheel bearing, two front shocks (replaced Bilstein with Koni FSD) and then the spring broke and destroyed the new tire. Now the car is out of action, waiting for the springs and tire to arrive. And slow delivery at Christmas time.Sorry to hear Jack, were these the original BMW spring that broke?

MiroE36
12-21-2008, 05:27 PM
that sucks man... hope your up and running soon

Dado 540
12-21-2008, 08:22 PM
What caused it to break, just broke out of the blue or did you hit something hard?

nikijack
12-21-2008, 09:08 PM
Hi:
My Bilsteins were shot after 150,000 k, completely seized, and put huge stress on the other components. I changed to Koni FSD, the car felt great on the first ride. On the second ride the spring broke. I've ordered Eibach Proline, and a new tire. Just another expensive month.

Jack