PDA

View Full Version : W.t.f!

Dado 540
11-29-2008, 01:29 PM
Last night im messing around with Carsoft (that i ended up buying), and i come out of the car. Tried to go back in and guess what, i cant open the drive side door.

I pull the handle a few times and what do you know, the handle FALLS OFF!
on the floor! WTF!

i found it on the net for $50 new and primed, my question is will it be a problem removing the keyhole? i hope i wont have to do any reprogramming.

MLue1
11-29-2008, 08:09 PM
Last night im messing around with Carsoft (that i ended up buying), and i come out of the car. Tried to go back in and guess what, i cant open the drive side door.

I pull the handle a few times and what do you know, the handle FALLS OFF!
on the floor! WTF!

i found it on the net for $50 new and primed, my question is will it be a problem removing the keyhole? i hope i wont have to do any reprogramming.Are you saying you're locked out... remote doesn't work?

Dado 540
11-29-2008, 08:40 PM
The handle itself, the part that you pull up broke off completely from somewhere inside.

I called up Filip from Eurostyle. Luckily he was parting out a blue E39, so grabbed the handle from him.

Easy swap, he walked me through it. The lock itself doesnt move and there is no need to remove any door panels.

I will take a picture of the broken handle and show you. Its really messed up. Filip showed me another handle that he had with the same crack. I would not expect this on a bmw, kinda disapointed me.

Anyways it's off to paint since the handle is blue. will be putting it in sometime monday.

europrince
12-01-2008, 11:27 AM
I'm starting to be a little glad about getting rid of my e39 540 half a year ago after MANY kms and and dollars spent maintaining it. I've read a bunch of posts from you guys about things breaking on your cars. Unfortunately, these cars are old now. That said, I wish you will with your ownership.

Dado 540
12-01-2008, 10:29 PM
Europrince what did you move on to?

europrince
12-02-2008, 12:47 PM
^ My wife's Mazda 3 (we share it, as she works right by our condo) and paying down my mortgage *rockout*

I'll get a NEW Bimmer when the time is right and I can make a business case for it.

Trouble65
12-02-2008, 01:06 PM
^ My wife's Mazda 3 (we share it, as she works right by our condo) and paying down my mortgage *rockout*

I'll get a NEW Bimmer when the time is right and I can make a business case for it.

Mazda 3 is cool. Not getting rid of my e39 540i/6 period.

Dado 540
12-02-2008, 01:40 PM
How did you feel after you got rid of it?

europrince
12-02-2008, 01:51 PM
^ It hurt for about a month, as I had my own car since I was 19. It was a huge adjustment...until I noticed my increased bank account and the effect of making principle repayments on my mortgage. There are a lot of high end vehicles in my condo and area. They don't bother me. Everything good will come in due time. Patience is a virtue. Plus, I learned to like my wife's Mazda. It's a great little car. A $35 tank lasts me about a week.