PDA

View Full Version : Mr Lube MORONS!!!

Dado 540
11-20-2008, 01:30 AM
Took my car to Mr Lube for an oil change. Normaly i do it myself at my couzin's shop but he was tied up. However my oil cap was leaking a bit, im assuming the rubber gasket was shot.

Anyways they changed the oil and they wanted to reaset the oil lights on the display. ****ing MORONS. took them over an hour. they didnt knwo what to do, and then some idiot starts playing with the two buttons on the odometer and changes my temperature reading to Fahrenheit.

Im so pissed, told him to get the **** out my car. Im goign back there on friday to talk to the General Manager.

Do you guys know how to change this back to Celsius???

bscarlett
11-20-2008, 01:30 PM
1. Push and hold odo reset button when the car is off
2. Put in your key and turn it on and then let go of the button

Quack
11-20-2008, 01:38 PM
that's why I can never recommand Mr Lube, you can ask Chris de la Cruz about the horror stories and the major screw ups they've done.

Fel
11-20-2008, 01:44 PM
quickie shops = garbage

When I worked in auto rentals, we used to use a Pennsoil shop for our fleet... such morons. I'd see them once a week and there was always someone new in the shop... lol

Quack
11-20-2008, 02:00 PM
quickie shops = garbage

When I worked in auto rentals, we used to use a Pennsoil shop for our fleet... such morons. I'd see them once a week and there was always someone new in the shop... lol

that's the problem with those shops, they hire people with 0% experiance, even when I went to my 1st semester in college for automotive, we had so many shit talkers there syaing they can do this & do that, by the time the semester was over they all failed, and from what I heard some failed again after retrying the 1st semester, those same people probably work at Mr. Lube or Speedy.

europrince
11-20-2008, 02:16 PM
^ LOL wow, that's bad!

Fel
11-20-2008, 05:48 PM
that's the problem with those shops, they hire people with 0% experiance, even when I went to my 1st semester in college for automotive, we had so many shit talkers there syaing they can do this & do that, by the time the semester was over they all failed, and from what I heard some failed again after retrying the 1st semester, those same people probably work at Mr. Lube or Speedy.

Haha... that's funny. But I guess it goes to show that some people are cut out for it, and others are not. Usually the ones that talk the loudest are the ones that know the least...

slemmer
11-20-2008, 10:50 PM
i knew there was a catch when they offered me a free newspaper.

BoostedMX
11-20-2008, 11:32 PM
and that's why I do mine myself.

Dado 540
11-21-2008, 04:04 AM
When I got there i came out of my car to watch them work, and the guy tells me to go sit in the car...and offers me a coffee lol. I mention at least three times to ensure that they put on a brand new rubber gasket on the cap. Luckily i was watching them through the open space of the hood and what do you know, the guys starts putting the cap back on with the OLD gasket. Faaack! Mean while the guy kept telling me "Oh don’t worry I work on these cars all the time) - **** you bitch! i hope you see this thread!

Trouble65
11-21-2008, 07:09 AM
and that's why I do mine myself.

Me 2

spoony_prelude
11-21-2008, 08:08 AM
Me 3, you cant expect a place like that to offer reliable service. why would a licenced tech be working there? He obviously wouldnt, **** i wouldnt even go there for co-op.
Jay

parm
11-23-2008, 07:52 PM
I must say not all mr. lubes are bad, the one on eglinton and chaplin changes my m5 oil with out any issue they stock tws 10w60 and rest the light.

Chris de la Cruz
11-23-2008, 08:46 PM
that's why I can never recommand Mr Lube, you can ask Chris de la Cruz about the horror stories and the major screw ups they've done.

don't let me start *wiggle*