PDA

View Full Version : remote not working

twin2626
11-11-2008, 11:44 PM
I replaced my battery in the remote on my key for my 95 540 and the remote doesnt work anymore. Is there any way of getting it to work again or do i have to take it into the dealership programming.

Thanks Mike

MLue1
11-12-2008, 02:18 PM
I replaced my battery in the remote on my key for my 95 540 and the remote doesnt work anymore. Is there any way of getting it to work again or do i have to take it into the dealership programming.
This procedure is for the E38/E39 but it may work on your car, to resynch the remote to the car electronics.

Note: Many people screw up the procedure up by having the ignition in position 2, instead of position 1 (see the 3rd pic)

twin2626
11-14-2008, 10:54 AM
Thanks, I got it reprogrammed the first try.
Thanks again!

BigDToronto
11-16-2008, 08:09 PM
Do you find the remote is flakey? Try touching the key part to your chin when you push the button. Yeah I know,,,voodoo...I didn't believe it either....something about using your skull to focus the signal to make the doors lock/unlock. Sometimes it doesn't work...but many times when I'm pounding on the button and ready to throw it into a sewer touching it to my chin will do the trick.

BoostedMX
11-17-2008, 08:00 PM
^^ ahhh, ok? :idea:

Trouble65
11-25-2008, 07:50 AM
Do you find the remote is flakey? Try touching the key part to your chin when you push the button. Yeah I know,,,voodoo...I didn't believe it either....something about using your skull to focus the signal to make the doors lock/unlock. Sometimes it doesn't work...but many times when I'm pounding on the button and ready to throw it into a sewer touching it to my chin will do the trick.

Kind of weird. I do the same trick when I'm further away from the vehicle. Press button nothing, put it to my chin and whola, it works.

Dado 540
11-26-2008, 06:20 PM
HAAHAAHAHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

I gotta try this!

e46it
02-02-2009, 03:56 PM
Kind of weird. I do the same trick when I'm further away from the vehicle. Press button nothing, put it to my chin and whola, it works.

the electro magnatic field of you body acts as a signal booster