PDA

View Full Version : Please improve search options

DEZIAC
11-09-2008, 06:36 PM
Man I love that this forum is filled w/ alot of Canadian BMW heads, but man searching on this forum bites my bum bum!! Its either ones search is not as specific or too specific? WTF? I can never find anything up in here, please somebody fix this!!! ahahaha

Seriously, I like this forum, but I got to got to other BMW forums to search what i'm looking for.

Sorry for the rant, but does anyone else feel this way?

Boots R
11-09-2008, 07:32 PM
The search feature requires a minimum of 4 characters to search. So if you're searching for e36 or e46, or DRL, It won't allow you to find anything.

What you can do is put an asterisk '*' as a 4th character to act as a wildcard.

example: e36* , DRL*

Hope that helps

DEZIAC
11-09-2008, 09:29 PM
cool I'll try that, its just hard to find stuff in here, if your looking for stuff on cars other than e30's, e36's or e46. I try to find stuff for sale for locally for 2002's, e21 or e28's. Thanks i'll try that

Bliss
11-10-2008, 01:10 AM
Care to elaborate? Not sure what the problem with the search feature is. We even decreased the # of charactes required to 3 instead of 4 about a month ago. Anything less than that, just use a asterisk (*) as Boots R mentioned.

As far as trying to find/search parts for E21's, 2002's, etc like you mentioned is just difficult to begin with, so probably most of your search results come back as e30, e36, and e46 related as these are probably most common.

Try posting in the "Looking for" section, or post your question if you notice its not coming up in the searches. This will bring it into the search database for the next guy who so happens to be looking for an answer to the same question.:idea: