PDA

View Full Version : Jackass kid in a 325ic silver with black steelies on 427 /401

5style
11-01-2008, 02:35 AM
Next time you decide to tail me, be prepared to buy me a new car. I hope you enjoyed me sticking on your ass after you passed to show off to your little slut in the back seat.

Nice brake testing by the way, your stupid 18 yr old ass can't even do that right, and lastly beautiful swerve over gravel at 120km/h to get on the 403 after I intimidated your stupid ass. Your lucky your back end didn't break lose and you didn't barrel yourself and your high school friends to your deaths. LEARN TO DRIVE AND IF SOMEONE IS GOING TOO SLOW FOR YOU YOURE FREE TO PASS THEM YOU STUPID CHILD.

rant over.

piotrek636
11-01-2008, 08:38 AM
I had a run in with a 5 series a while back, every now and then I still run in to people that don't deserve to own bmw.

5style
11-01-2008, 10:56 AM
I had a run in with a 5 series a while back, every now and then I still run in to people that don't deserve to own bmw.

you can say that again, this kid was the dumbest *##@ i have ran into to date.

ericdalinda
11-01-2008, 11:20 AM
i think it was greekthang or greek something on maxbimmer that posted up a terrific deterrent to tail gaters....open up the sunroof and throw handfuls of pennies up to hit his car... the finger lasts 30 seconds.. paintchips last forever.

JUS_CRZN
11-01-2008, 11:33 AM
+1 for pennies...

5style
11-01-2008, 12:10 PM
usually i wash my window reallllllly long, it gets them to back off instantly but i was out of washer fluid.

Trouble65
11-01-2008, 12:30 PM
i think it was greekthang or greek something on maxbimmer that posted up a terrific deterrent to tail gaters....open up the sunroof and throw handfuls of pennies up to hit his car... the finger lasts 30 seconds.. paintchips last forever.

Why pennies? Throw ceramic it shatters glass instantly.

Qube
11-01-2008, 12:45 PM
usually i wash my window reallllllly long, it gets them to back off instantly but i was out of washer fluid.

+1 but you need to get a little distance so it builds up a good cloud.

Furious
11-01-2008, 05:31 PM
your all morons for thinking throwing pennies or ceramics is a good idea.

propr'one
11-01-2008, 05:58 PM
^^I have shot someone with my bb gun before. Way better than pennies.

i ALWAYS let off the gas. Right away. no brakes, but i'll let off the gas entirely (i'll slow down to 60 on the highway).

Bimmerette
11-01-2008, 06:13 PM
^ I do this too.

Please explain the washing fluid trick?

Furious
11-01-2008, 06:35 PM
^ I do this too.

Please explain the washing fluid trick?

just hold your windshield washers on its annoying to the people behind them, usually means **** off.

i also slow way down, and try to trap them in between cars so they cant pass either.

elroy
11-01-2008, 07:25 PM
lmao i love it. (not the tailgater but the what to do part) i've done the slow down and trap them between cars so they can't go anywhere, they seem to like them. makes them put on a headlight show for me :D lol. Will def try the pennies trick nex time.

Bimmerette
11-01-2008, 08:15 PM
just hold your windshield washers on its annoying to the people behind them, usually means **** off.

i also slow way down, and try to trap them in between cars so they cant pass either.

I do this all the time, except I like to leave about a 1 and 1/5 car space just to give them enough hope to cut me off :D

e30blue
11-01-2008, 08:26 PM
^^I have shot someone with my bb gun before. Way better than pennies.

i ALWAYS let off the gas. Right away. no brakes, but i'll let off the gas entirely (i'll slow down to 60 on the highway).

what you don't realize is that going 60 on a major highway is probably even more dangerous than tailgating.

Soldo
11-01-2008, 08:51 PM
Next time you decide to tail me, be prepared to buy me a new car. I hope you enjoyed me sticking on your ass after you passed to show off to your little slut in the back seat.

Nice brake testing by the way, your stupid 18 yr old ass can't even do that right, and lastly beautiful swerve over gravel at 120km/h to get on the 403 after I intimidated your stupid ass. Your lucky your back end didn't break lose and you didn't barrel yourself and your high school friends to your deaths. LEARN TO DRIVE AND IF SOMEONE IS GOING TOO SLOW FOR YOU YOURE FREE TO PASS THEM YOU STUPID CHILD.

rant over.

This kinda sounds like the douchebag that i encountered with a Max sticker on his car. Tried sliding out a turn actin like a cool ass and ends up almost loosin his ass end, and the "slide" turned into a beautiful pendulum!!

Mikey83
11-02-2008, 03:13 AM
what you don't realize is that going 60 on a major highway is probably even more dangerous than tailgating.

x2

if someone is tailgating me (which is rare) I just drive normal , dont even think different or dirve different. I dunno why people get so mad ..... enlighten me??

Fast lane = 120+
Med lane = 110-120
Slow lane =100-115

thats my rules when you have min/no traffic, if you aint doing the min. get the fack outta the way (aka move to right).

This is highway talk :cool:

5style
11-02-2008, 02:11 PM
well for starters i was doing 120 in cruise control in the center lane minding my own business, when out of nowhere i have a 325 e46 on my ass swerving left and right.... im like wtf is your issue, continue to drive, it persists, then finally he passes me and doesn t go faster then 130 , i am aggrivated so i pull on him hard, little slut whore in the back seat turns around and is staring out the back window, so i slam on my highbeams+ hids, blinding the **** out of them. They try to brake test me but its a measly touch iof the pedal and i don t let off , i am right on their ass. Last min, the idiot swerves off the 401 onto the 403, going over the gravelly median and its a hard sweve as if to loose me? not that iw as going to go out of my way and follow the children.

^^The problem is that i don t want to be involved in a collision, i just don't. when a 18 yr olf child is doing that to you, one wrong move and he is in you. thats the problem.

propr'one
11-02-2008, 04:31 PM

seems a little presumptuous of you to tell me what i do or don't realize.

As ALWAYS, i'm not telling people what to do. I'm telling people what I do. You have to be VERY careful to do that, and you better be paying really careful attention to the road. But in my opinion, its much safer to slow down to 60, as if someone is really tailgating me (less than 2 feet from my rear bumper), i can actually see behind them with my rearview mirrors, so i can see if someone's coming up really fast. Also, this way, if there's an emergency infront of me, and i slam on the brakes, whoever is tailgating me will likely hit me doing 50-60, instead of 110-120.

lvan
11-02-2008, 05:06 PM
Lol. I have seen this kind of bmw drivers many times. Makes me get out of bmw scene. Also when he is doing 120 + and tailgating you. Why not move over in the right. Maybe he would continue going in the left and not have to cut you off to merge on to other highway. I would have moved over. Let him do whatever he wants to do.....

His back seat slut? We live in a very materialistic world where young women are whoring them selves for materialistic purposes. It is something that you should have seen many times until now. Now is her time to make some profit from her , because after 30 , they will be expired.....

coolhand
11-02-2008, 07:58 PM
If you guys do this shit in the passing lane then ur fags, just ****ing move over. Its there for passing not there for driving in. Go drive in Europe and you will realise that these Europeians actually have a brain. BTW, if somone threw anything out their sunroof at my car I would eventually get infront of them and test the shit out of their breaks.

Also driving with traffic is ****ing annoying as shit because these people don't seem to realise that doing this keeps cars closer together and therefore more danger just speed up a little or slow down a little and move the **** over.

Junaid
11-02-2008, 08:12 PM
I tend to go 120-130 in the fast lane and when someone is coming up quicker i move over and then when they pass just continue to go on where i was, the only time i am on someones ass is when i need to switch lanes and the exit is coming up but even they i have a safe braking distance i can see their rear bumper/tires so i dunno if that is tailing or what not

propr'one
11-02-2008, 08:21 PM
I dont drive "in the fast lane". I only use the left lane for passing, if i'm in the left lane its because i'm going around someone, at which point i'll move over to the right. In most of the civilized world, this is how people drive. There's actually signs all over the place (more in the US than here, but there are some here) that say, "left lane is for passing only".

e30blue
11-02-2008, 09:13 PM
Lol. I have seen this kind of bmw drivers many times. Makes me get out of bmw scene. Also when he is doing 120 + and tailgating you. Why not move over in the right. Maybe he would continue going in the left and not have to cut you off to merge on to other highway. I would have moved over. Let him do whatever he wants to do.....

+1 on moving over and let the douche do what he wants to do.

Axxe
11-02-2008, 09:37 PM
Throwing pennies out of the sunroof has got to be the dumbest, most immature thing to do. Karma is a bitch.

Bimmerette
11-02-2008, 09:50 PM
There's a difference between someone trying to pass you and someone riding your ass when there IS an opportunity to switch into the fast lane. Often times I see people tailgating me when other lanes are available, this is what I don't understand.

Axxe
11-02-2008, 09:53 PM
There's a difference between someone trying to pass you and someone riding your ass when there IS an opportunity to switch into the fast lane. Often times I see people tailgating me when other lanes are available, this is what I don't understand.

Yes, that's annoying as hell. I also hate it when I'm going 40 in a 40 zone, and someone is riding my ass wanting to go faster. In a damn neighbourhood with kids running around.

Eurostyle
11-02-2008, 09:57 PM
Throwing pennies out of the sunroof has got to be the dumbest, most immature thing to do. Karma is a bitch.

+++1000 on this one!!! What if the dumba$$ lost control and crashed, like the guy in Milton last summer, and YOU get blamed for being involved in an accident causing death!!!!

5style
11-02-2008, 10:01 PM
i disagree, i was in the center lane, the slow lane and passing lane were both opn, it was 2 am, im sorry there is absolutely no reason for me to be tailed, or for me to mover over.

Bimmerette
11-02-2008, 10:10 PM
i disagree, i was in the center lane, the slow lane and passing lane were both opn, it was 2 am, im sorry there is absolutely no reason for me to be tailed, or for me to mover over.

Yeah, that's dumb. Maybe he wanted to see your car up close? ;)

Oh and I think edl was only kidding about the pennies. Well, at least, I hope so.

calegrant
11-02-2008, 11:35 PM
Regardless of what the other person is doing...if you can remove yourself from the situation...please ****ing do so. When you're doing 120 on the highway in a 1.5ton piece of steel isn't the time to have an ego test, get the **** out of the way and let the jackass pass. If I found out one of my loved ones died as a result of two jackasses not wanting to be tailgated said persons jugular is going to be severed while they sleep.

v_bimmer
11-03-2008, 12:30 AM
Regardless of what the other person is doing...if you can remove yourself from the situation...please ****ing do so. When you're doing 120 on the highway in a 1.5ton piece of steel isn't the time to have an ego test, get the **** out of the way and let the jackass pass. If I found out one of my loved ones died as a result of two jackasses not wanting to be tailgated said persons jugular is going to be severed while they sleep.

^^ I completely agree

5style
11-03-2008, 12:40 AM

please don t be an idiot. at 2 am with a empty road there is no reason for me to be tailed. what would you like me to do, pull to the shoulder? As usual, a maxretard misses the point. You don t live in Toronto, you have no idea how poorly people drive here, B.C. has gold star drivers compared to here.

ericdalinda
11-03-2008, 09:15 AM
if im in the passing lane doing 130 and someone flys uo behind me.. ill switch..always do.
then if he decides to get on my ass again.. in the OTHER lane.. this guy is getting one big ****in handful of pennies right onto his windshield...

there is absolutly no reason to tailgate someone.. get out of there way.. and continue to be tailgated as you are clearly gone out of there way..

Trouble65
11-03-2008, 09:28 AM
your all morons for thinking throwing pennies or ceramics is a good idea.

Not saying you should throw anything. However if you do ceramic over pennies any time.

BigD
11-03-2008, 09:45 AM
+1 to slowing down, that's what I always do. To normal (but aggressive) people, this is just conducive to a pass. But if they continue to ride my ass I keep slowing down. If they want to stop with me, fine, we'll pull over and have a chat. But these guys/girls are all just cowards acting tough because it's anonymous (like a lot of people talking smack on this forum). If faced with personal confrontation they'll always run. It's the same pussies who will cut you off and at the next red light you stop beside them and they pretend to fumble about in their car to avoid eye contact with you.

+++1000 on this one!!! What if the dumba$$ lost control and crashed, like the guy in Milton last summer, and YOU get blamed for being involved in an accident causing death!!!!

Do you know what ended up happening to that guy? I bet he got off... any lawyer worth his underpants should be able to get him off with maybe a traffic violation (leaving the scene).

Arash
11-03-2008, 09:54 AM
Sounds like a douchebag encounter. wait for them to pass, then execute a PIT manouver.

e30blue
11-03-2008, 10:12 AM
to those that think slowing down on the highway is a good idea...the reality is you're wrong....ya i know being tailgated sucks but think about it...

i don't kno about you guys but i would rather have somebody on my ass then having to slam on my brakes going at 120km/h because two idiots in front of me are going 60.

Mystikal
11-03-2008, 10:45 AM

I was waiting for this detail to come out.

You should have been in the right lane.

All of the other shit that both of you pulled was more retarded than anything else in this story, but in the end, you were the first one in the wrong. You weren't passing anyone, get to the right.

5style
11-03-2008, 11:31 AM

All of the other shit that both of you pulled was more retarded than anything else in this story, but in the end, you were the first one in the wrong. You weren't passing anyone, get to the right.

i disagree. 120 is above the speed limit. I wasn't in the passing lane, i wasn t blocking anyone, infact, the highway was empty. There was no reason for this whole BS. he could of very well passed me on the left or illegally on the right, what he was trying to do, is show off. the center lane is a intermediate highway lane, the left lane is passing and the right lane is exit , enter. I don t feel i was in the wrong driving calmly home. Yes in retrospect i shouldn t have intimidated him after the act and aggressed him, but my initial action did nothing wrong. If i was with other drivers, then i would be in the wrong but not at 2 am with a empty highway. He ll get his, he ll piss off the wrong person and presto, tragedy. I don t drive aggressive, i was simply not happy with being tailed for a good 5 min. he wasn t trying to pass me, he was trying to intimidate me.

Bimmerette
11-03-2008, 01:02 PM
i don't kno about you guys but i would rather have somebody on my ass then having to slam on my brakes going at 120km/h because two idiots in front of me are going 60.

405style already said that the highway was empty. The only one slamming on the brakes would have to be the douche behind him.

Fel
11-03-2008, 01:09 PM
Wow, I just stepped into this thread and almost drowned in salty tears!! *sad*

I don't have much to say except that the road is full of jackasses, and I love ****ign with them when I can, but there's such a thing as taking it too far.

I can't pass judgment on this situation because I wasn't there, but it would probably have been better to leave him alone... kids don't know what they're doing, and they need to learn somehow, but killing them won't help. Don't want to **** your own ride in the process either.

People are naturally stupid, and their driving reflects this... but all we can do is deal with it. There's no cure for stupid, as of yet.

europrince
11-03-2008, 01:13 PM

Amen!

europrince
11-03-2008, 01:17 PM

+1 *th-up*

bigfeller
11-03-2008, 01:24 PM
i am aggrivated so i pull on him hard, little slut whore in the back seat turns around and is staring out the back window, so i slam on my highbeams+ hids, blinding the **** out of them. They try to brake test me but its a measly touch iof the pedal and i don t let off , i am right on their ass. Last min, the idiot swerves off the 401 onto the 403, going over the gravelly median and its a hard sweve as if to loose me? not that iw as going to go out of my way and follow the children.

While the young fellow in the other car was most assuredly a complete jackass, your escalation of the situation was entirely asinine. The correct course of action when being tailgated, regardless of the whorishness of his passenger, or the demeanor of another's driving character is to calmly signal, and pull over to the right lane. If he follows you over, then you may slow down gradually and slowly to 80 km/h. In traffic, this opens up a larger gap between you and the car in front, in case you have to slow down, and also provides more room in front should the other driver wish to pass you. As a third benefit, if said driver is really in such a hurry, your reduced speed will provide them added incentive to pass you removing you from the dangerous tailgating situation. 2 am or not, do not ever play games on the road. The risk to both yourself and others is simply too great.

Boots R
11-03-2008, 01:26 PM
I'd throw pennies at europrince, even if he wasn't tailgating me.

Ryousuke
11-03-2008, 01:33 PM
What pisses me off even more is when I'm cruising at 120 on a cruise control, some faggot runs up my bumper I move over let him pass, and the stupid faggot does slower than me when I am still in cruise control doing 120, I should start throwing pennies at people for that.

Bimmerette
11-03-2008, 01:40 PM
Once, a kid threw rocks at me at the beach. It ****ing hurt.

Stop disappearing on us Boots, you KEEP doing that to us! :P

europrince
11-03-2008, 01:40 PM
Once, a kid threw rocks at me at the beach. It ****ing hurt.

He probably keeps getting banned for good reason ;)

5style
11-03-2008, 01:55 PM
So according to max, i should slam on my brakes which i didn't, throw shit at him, which i didn't or pull off the road, which i didn't, or slow down, which i didn t...

wow, just wow.

Boots R
11-03-2008, 02:07 PM

I'll try to be good this time :D

Dr. Flyview
11-03-2008, 02:14 PM
While the young fellow in the other car was most assuredly a complete jackass, your escalation of the situation was entirely asinine. The correct course of action when being tailgated, regardless of the whorishness of his passenger, or the demeanor of another's driving character is to calmly signal, and pull over to the right lane. If he follows you over, then you may slow down gradually and slowly to 80 km/h. In traffic, this opens up a larger gap between you and the car in front, in case you have to slow down, and also provides more room in front should the other driver wish to pass you. As a third benefit, if said driver is really in such a hurry, your reduced speed will provide them added incentive to pass you removing you from the dangerous tailgating situation. 2 am or not, do not ever play games on the road. The risk to both yourself and others is simply too great.

:D You're a good man.

bigfeller
11-03-2008, 02:25 PM
You're a good man.
Thank you sir, nice of you to say. In fact, I am just a man who has read and understands the Ontario Highway Traffic Act, and who believes that caution and logic almost always make for a better plan than anger and bravado.

5style
11-03-2008, 02:27 PM
Reducing speed to 80 on the 401 is a death wish. I can't believe you would do something like that, by doing that you are increasing chances of an accident 5 to 10 cars back 20 fold... very smart.

Blades
11-03-2008, 02:54 PM
I'd throw pennies at europrince, even if he wasn't tailgating me.

LOL!

Blades
11-03-2008, 02:58 PM
I don't understand some of you .. this guy was tailing 405style on an empty highway .. he was in the middle lane but REGARDLESS if he was in the far left or far right lane the SAME OUTCOME would happen. If this guy wanted to pass he would have but he CHOSE to play cat and mouse. ..basic ...****in..logic... He got a taste of his own medicine .. sometimes you have pinch a kid back to let it know it hurts .. next time he might think twice before doing what he did to 405style.

bigfeller
11-03-2008, 03:09 PM
Oh boy... okay, here we go.

Reducing speed to 80 on the 401 is a death wish. I can't believe you would do something like that, by doing that you are increasing chances of an accident 5 to 10 cars back 20 fold... very smart.

I would certainly not advocate travelling at 80 km/h in the passing lane, but in the right lane, this is the minimum acceptable speed you should travel at. I think you'll find that once you slow down to about 95 km/h, you'll have someone already blowing by you.

The danger of travelling too slowly, as you infer from your statement about my intelligence, is not the speed at which you're travelling, but rather the speed differential resulting from your reduced speed. This, from the Bureau of Transportation Statistics in the US:

UNDESIRABLE EFFECTS OF SPEED VARIABILITY
Posting a minimum speed limit was and still is motivated by the desire to reduce speed variability in a traffic stream and its attendant consequences in efficiency and safety of traffic operations. Numerous studies have documented the negative effects of speed variability.

In determining the extent to which the 55 mph federally sanctioned maximum speed limit affected safety, a Transportation Research Board (TRB) study found that the probability of crashes occurring increases as the speed variance rises. The study showed that speed variation causes significant lane changing and passing maneuvers, which are known to be potential sources of conflicts and crashes (TRB 1984). The significance of speed variance was observed by developing a fatality model that included highway safety characteristics such as traffic density, percentage of vehicles exceeding 65 mph, percentage of teenagers, and enforcement activity, as well as speed variance and average speeds. The TRB model revealed that speed variance had a statistically significant effect on fatality rates-states with wider variances in vehicle speed on the highway tended to have higher fatality rates. The study further found that the mean speed only affected the severity of crashes. Holding the effect of speed variance constant in the model presented no statistically significant relationship between the fatality rate and any other speed variables. The study concluded that controlling speed variance could be an effective tool in improving highway safety.

Another study of 36 crashes that occurred on Indiana highway 37 indicated that the crash involvement rates per million vehicle-miles of travel were higher for vehicles whose speeds were below and above the mean speed (West and Dunn 1971). After removing data on all crashes related to turning maneuvers, the authors found that the crash risk associated with vehicles traveling faster or slower was more than six times the involvement rates at the mean speed. The West and Dunn findings were supported by Hauer (1971) who developed a mathematical model to correlate accident involvement rates and vehicle travel speeds. Hauer found that the imposition of a minimum speed limit on highways was two to three times as effective as an equivalent maximum speed limit in reducing the frequency of overtaking and thereby crash involvement rates. Hauer suggested that the relationship between vehicle speed deviations and crashes might be due to a higher incidence of passing maneuvers from which the vehicle passes or is passed by another vehicle-a situation caused by the presence of slower vehicles impeding fast vehicles in the traffic stream.

PLATOON ANALYSIS
Highway travel is generally composed of free-flowing and platooned vehicles. In free-flowing traffic, drivers can choose their speeds as they desire as long as conditions are such that slow-moving vehicles do not impede their ability to change lanes at will. Platooned vehicles travel close to each other mostly because of lack of passing opportunities, thus causing other vehicles to be trapped behind the lead vehicle. No definition exists in the literature of a headway value below which vehicles are considered to be moving in a platoon. Thus, in this study, four definitions were considered-less or equal to 1, 2, 3, and 4 seconds.

The analysis showed that six-lane highway sections carried larger proportions of platooned vehicles than four-lane sections. Further, the middle lanes of six-lane sections carried more platoons than the shoulder and median lanes. To study the effect of platooned vehicles on the distribution of speed, the mean speeds of platooned vehicles were compared with the mean speeds of nonplatooned (or free-flowing) vehicles. The statistical analysis here uses a t-test in which platooned and nonplatooned vehicles were paired by site and by lane of travel. The results showed that the difference between the speeds of platooned and nonplatooned vehicles were insignificant for both four- and six-lane highway sections regardless of whether the cut-off point was 1, 2, 3, or 4 seconds of time headway. These results indicate that platooned vehicles are not slow moving and thus do not create a need for free-flowing vehicles catching up behind them to pass. However, it should again be noted that the highway sections analyzed were relatively uncongested, operating at levels of service B or better for a majority of the hours in a year.

BEFORE AND AFTER COMPARISON
To understand the change in speed characteristics following the increase in the speed limit, table 5 presents a comparison of before-and-after data. In 1996, the speed limit was 65 mph at all the sites indicated in the table. Data-collection sites for both 1996 and 2002 were physically very close, and the field review of the sites indicated that for all practical purposes the geometric characteristics prevailing at these sites would produce similar driver behavior.

The results in table 5 show that the average speeds across all sites increased by 5 mph to 72 mph. The 15th percentile speed also showed a significant increase of 3 mph when averaged across all sites (p ≤ 0.0001). A statistical F-test comparison of the variances indicated no significant difference between the 1996 and 2002 data (p = 0.50). However, significant differences were found in the variances on four-lane sections (p = 0.0003). Further analysis indicated that in 1996, the average speed on six-lane sections was 4.75 standard deviations above the 40 mph minimum posted speed limit. In 2002, it was 5 standard deviations above the 40 mph minimum. In four-lane sections, the results show that the average speeds were 6 and 5 standard deviations above 40 mph in 1996 and 2002, respectively. Examination of the coefficients of variation between the two datasets indicated that 2002 data show significant large variations compared with 1996. However, the coefficients of variation are still below 10%, indicating a reasonable equity in travel speeds.

It has been suggested in the past (e.g., McShane et al. 1998) that the 15th percentile speed may be used as a measure of the minimum reasonable speed for the traffic stream. (This suggestion mirrors the attempt to use the 85th percentile speed as a measure for setting the maximum speed limit). The data reported here indicate that, in all sections studied, the 15th percentile speeds on the aggregate ranged from 60 mph to 70 mph, which is 20 mph to 30 mph above the posted minimum speed limit value. Does this mean that the minimum speed limit should be set at 60 mph? There are number of concerns that would need to be addressed before a change like this could be made. First, Florida statutes (Florida Statutes 2002) state that "no school bus shall exceed the posted speed limit or 55 mph." Second, as a tourist state, some Florida visitors drive recreational vehicles (sometimes towing a trailer) or motor homes, and field review indicated that these are the vehicles that tend to make up the lowest 15% of the speed distribution at all sites. Third, a safety analysis would be needed to fully justify any change in the minimum highway speed.

Instead of increasing the minimum speed, should it be eliminated? After all, the results of a survey conducted as part of this research showed that 25 states do not post minimum speeds on interstate highways. Currently, Florida statutes state that: "The minimum speed limit on interstate and Defense Highways, with at least 4 lanes, is 40 mph." The Florida Highway Patrol in the context of this research study indicated that such a statute is required to enable law officers to issue citations. A question was raised that in the absence of the minimum speed rule, can the law officers use another Florida statute that states "No person shall drive a motor vehicle at such a slow speed as to impede or block the normal and reasonable movement of traffic" to warn or issue citations to slow moving vehicles? One police officer pointed out that if a vehicle is alone on the highway traveling at, say 25 mph, what traffic is the driver impeding?

The general rule of thumb, in case you thought that was too wordy, is that a speed differential of 15 mph (25 km/h) is the maximum safe threshold for speed varience while travelling on the highway. Since the speed limit of the 400 series highways and QEW is 100 km/h, you're within the threshold of safety at 80 km/h, though I still wouldn't drive that slowly for too long.

Drive safely ;-)

VSanj
11-03-2008, 04:20 PM

x2 very well put!

calegrant
11-03-2008, 06:13 PM
please don t be an idiot. at 2 am with a empty road there is no reason for me to be tailed. what would you like me to do, pull to the shoulder? As usual, a maxretard misses the point. You don t live in Toronto, you have no idea how poorly people drive here, B.C. has gold star drivers compared to here.

What point have I missed? You were the one in the wrong and didn't remove yourself from a possibly deadly situation because of your ego and prooving some point? Grow the **** up or turn in your license.

ImolaZHP
11-03-2008, 07:35 PM
the center lane is a intermediate highway lane, the left lane is passing and the right lane is exit , enter.

For people who may have forgotten, all left lanes are for passing. the right lane is the driving lane.

5style
11-03-2008, 07:42 PM
What point have I missed? You were the one in the wrong and didn't remove yourself from a possibly deadly situation because of your ego and prooving some point? Grow the **** up or turn in your license.

When it happens to you, you can "grow the **** up too".

This goes to all of you internet smartasses, so perfect in theory yet when it comes to the fact, you don t follow it.

Practice what you preach, otherwise, youre nothing more then a hypocrite, let alone an anonymous internet one.

Guilherme
11-03-2008, 08:38 PM
The general rule of thumb, in case you thought that was too wordy, is that a speed differential of 15 mph (25 km/h) is the maximum safe threshold for speed varience while travelling on the highway. Since the speed limit of the 400 series highways and QEW is 100 km/h, you're within the threshold of safety at 80 km/h, though I still wouldn't drive that slowly for too long.

Drive safely ;-)

That sounds nice on the book but in real life you use real figures so maybe you shouldn't use 100km/h for your threshold calculation cause most of the drivers on GTA's highways go at least at 110 but most of the times 120 even though the speed limit is 100 (again... I know that this on the other hand doesn't sound nice and legal, but hey, it's reality!).

Which means that if you drive at 80 your relative speed to the other drivers would actually be 40 km/h which is almost double your safety threshold of 25.

bigfeller
11-03-2008, 09:03 PM
Which means that if you drive at 80 your relative speed to the other drivers would actually be 40 km/h which is almost double your safety threshold of 25.
Good call. Slowing to only 90 or 95 would probably have the same effect- ie Jackass blasts by you to become someone else's problem- and then you're closer to that 25 km/h difference. As I said, I definitely wouldn't drive at 80 km/h for very long, and on a 400 series highway, never below that speed.

Be careful out there.

Boots R
11-03-2008, 10:11 PM
So just to get this straight.

You tailgated someone who tailgated you, then complained about them tailgating?

5style
11-03-2008, 10:19 PM
So just to get this straight.

You tailgated someone who tailgated you, then complained about them tailgating?

yep.

BlitzSix
11-03-2008, 11:29 PM

Ehhh am I the only one who thinks this is a bit extreme?

The left lane is for passing, you shouldn't drive in it. But what's wrong with driving 120 in the middle lane on an empty highway? The right lane moves slower than 120 most of the time so you would constantly be weaving in and out, plus with the cars merging, etc..

As long as you're moving faster than the right lane is (if it's going faster than 120 then I would definitely stay there since you don't want the middle lane moving slower than the right) then what's the problem? Especially on an empty highway...

lvan
11-04-2008, 12:01 AM
When i was driving to West Virginia, each car that passed ME merged into the right lane right after it passed me. That also goes when I do aggressive driving. When I do 140/150 I kind of hide behind the car and than I pass him. This way I don't get cought up when cop is firing the traffic gun at me. I don't like to be in the left lane for some reason.

Trouble65
11-04-2008, 12:46 AM
When it happens to you, you can "grow the **** up too".

This goes to all of you internet smartasses, so perfect in theory yet when it comes to the fact, you don t follow it.

Practice what you preach, otherwise, youre nothing more then a hypocrite, let alone an anonymous internet one.

People cut me off I just run over them.

Mystikal
11-04-2008, 01:15 PM
i disagree. 120 is above the speed limit. I wasn't in the passing lane, i wasn t blocking anyone, infact, the highway was empty. There was no reason for this whole BS. he could of very well passed me on the left or illegally on the right, what he was trying to do, is show off. the center lane is a intermediate highway lane, the left lane is passing and the right lane is exit , enter. I don t feel i was in the wrong driving calmly home. Yes in retrospect i shouldn t have intimidated him after the act and aggressed him, but my initial action did nothing wrong. If i was with other drivers, then i would be in the wrong but not at 2 am with a empty highway. He ll get his, he ll piss off the wrong person and presto, tragedy. I don t drive aggressive, i was simply not happy with being tailed for a good 5 min. he wasn t trying to pass me, he was trying to intimidate me.

Lane discipline isn't classified by speed, but rather by the need to pass a slower moving vehicle.

Ehhh am I the only one who thinks this is a bit extreme?

The left lane is for passing, you shouldn't drive in it. But what's wrong with driving 120 in the middle lane on an empty highway? The right lane moves slower than 120 most of the time so you would constantly be weaving in and out, plus with the cars merging, etc..

As long as you're moving faster than the right lane is (if it's going faster than 120 then I would definitely stay there since you don't want the middle lane moving slower than the right) then what's the problem? Especially on an empty highway...

Any lane to the left of another vehicle is for passing, not just the extreme left. By your logic on the 400 northbound there are 6 non-descript driving lanes and 1 lane for passing.

Also, he already said the right lane was empty.

propr'one
11-04-2008, 01:42 PM

It was 2am you said? And the highway was empty? you really think that someone would drive into a car going 80km/h infront of them, cause they're doing 120, and there's no one else on the road?

not a very convincing argument.

Dr. Flyview
11-04-2008, 02:21 PM
LOL what a fail thread 405style

europrince
11-04-2008, 02:24 PM
LOL what a fail thread 405style

+ 1000 *th-up*

Blades
11-04-2008, 02:31 PM
+ 1000 *th-up*

what are you +1000 ing?

have you seen your boring "post news article" threads? extreme fail *thmbsdwn*

hope you werent comparing to your threads.

europrince
11-04-2008, 02:33 PM
what are you +1000 ing?

posting news articles is better than road rage. you lose.

Boots R
11-04-2008, 02:41 PM
what are you +1000 ing?

+1000

v_bimmer
11-04-2008, 02:47 PM
this thread is major fail, reminds me of this:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CABl6LyxV18&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CABl6LyxV18&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Ego vs Show off, both need to get laid *th-up*

Fel
11-04-2008, 02:55 PM
LOL!!! Banned!

ericdalinda
11-04-2008, 03:03 PM
i love failed threads...

Boots R
11-04-2008, 03:15 PM
i love failed threads...

Story of your life?

Mikey83
11-04-2008, 05:06 PM
http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x48/muppet1010/persistent-fail.jpg
http://www.maj.com/gallery/Kcihtred2/funny/failed.jpg
http://ui08.gamespot.com/1735/failed_2.jpg
http://www.myconfinedspace.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/06/fail-motivational.jpg

Close it up

BlitzSix
11-04-2008, 06:59 PM
Any lane to the left of another vehicle is for passing, not just the extreme left. By your logic on the 400 northbound there are 6 non-descript driving lanes and 1 lane for passing.

Also, he already said the right lane was empty.

Well empty doesn't literally mean there are no cars on the road, at all. It's 2 am but it's the 401 near the airport I'm sure there were at least SOME cars. There are always at least trucks on the highway. And I'm sure there are at least a couple cars merging on every entrance ramp so it would be annoying moving back and forth...He only stated that at that point in time there was no one on the left or right of him, I'm sure the highway isn't completely deserted and that there are cars in the right lane going slower than he passed every minute or two...

I know that the far left lane is not the only for passing but it's the one that's exclusively for passing. I'm not saying that you can't pass in the other lanes, not sure where you're getting that from..

I was trying to say that, say the right lane is moving at 110, on a 4 lane highway say, it's fine to cruise at 120-125 in the lane next to the right one. Obviously cars that are in the right lane but want to pass will do so in the lane next to it, merging in with the traffic to 120 until they complete the pass, and then they can either go back and slow down to the right lane or just cruise with the speed of the second lane. Then the 3rd lane would be for people who want to go even faster, 130-140 let's say... and the last one should have no one cruising in it at all but just be used for passing, and then going back into the 3rd lane until they need to pass again.

Now if the highway is "empty" meaning there are very few cars on the road, not that it's like a closed course with absolutely zero cars on it, then I don't see the problem with cruising in the lane next to the right one due to slower traffic and people merging that you would encounter every few minutes..

Axxe
11-04-2008, 07:02 PM
I cruise at 115 in the right lane all the time. Just move over when vehicles are merging, and stay in the right lane when not passing. It's not annoying at all, even while passing trucks.

BlitzSix
11-04-2008, 07:38 PM
I cruise at 115 in the right lane all the time. Just move over when vehicles are merging, and stay in the right lane when not passing. It's not annoying at all, even while passing trucks.

That's great that you do that but I still wouldn't say someone is "in the wrong" if they're cruising 120 in the middle lane as Jay said..

I sometimes cruise in the right, or if I don't feel like it then I cruise in the middle one. I watch my rear view and move over if someone wants to pass (unless they already switched to the left in advance to pass me).

Not really a big deal IMO, wouldn't say someone is in the wrong for doing that.

BMW_7
11-04-2008, 08:06 PM
For people who may have forgotten, all left lanes are for passing. the right lane is the driving lane.

For people who may have forgotten the highways in the GTA, the right lane ends or exits at virtually every off ramp or on ramp.

Blades
11-05-2008, 08:33 AM
For people who may have forgotten the highways in the GTA, the right lane ends or exits at virtually every off ramp or on ramp.

what?? lol .. no it doesnt .. you dont have to exit .. you have the right to go straight OR exit. Another exiting lane comes up (4th lane) to exit only.

Mystikal
11-05-2008, 11:05 AM
Well empty doesn't literally mean there are no cars on the road, at all. It's 2 am but it's the 401 near the airport I'm sure there were at least SOME cars. There are always at least trucks on the highway. And I'm sure there are at least a couple cars merging on every entrance ramp so it would be annoying moving back and forth...He only stated that at that point in time there was no one on the left or right of him, I'm sure the highway isn't completely deserted and that there are cars in the right lane going slower than he passed every minute or two...

I know that the far left lane is not the only for passing but it's the one that's exclusively for passing. I'm not saying that you can't pass in the other lanes, not sure where you're getting that from..

I was trying to say that, say the right lane is moving at 110, on a 4 lane highway say, it's fine to cruise at 120-125 in the lane next to the right one. Obviously cars that are in the right lane but want to pass will do so in the lane next to it, merging in with the traffic to 120 until they complete the pass, and then they can either go back and slow down to the right lane or just cruise with the speed of the second lane. Then the 3rd lane would be for people who want to go even faster, 130-140 let's say... and the last one should have no one cruising in it at all but just be used for passing, and then going back into the 3rd lane until they need to pass again.

Now if the highway is "empty" meaning there are very few cars on the road, not that it's like a closed course with absolutely zero cars on it, then I don't see the problem with cruising in the lane next to the right one due to slower traffic and people merging that you would encounter every few minutes..

Your entire argument is void once you acknowledge that he stated that the right lane was empty and that the other driver could pass on both sides. If there is enough room to safely pass someone on the right side, they are in the wrong lane.

Mystikal
11-05-2008, 11:06 AM

No they don't. There are very few exceptions to this, such as Kennedy Rd (which is why traffic bunches up there all day).

Fel
11-05-2008, 11:20 AM

Wrong.

Eurotakeover
11-09-2008, 05:36 PM
never tailgate, ever. The worst idea.

BMW_7
11-09-2008, 06:39 PM
what?? lol .. no it doesnt .. you dont have to exit .. you have the right to go straight OR exit. Another exiting lane comes up (4th lane) to exit only.

OK I prob said it wrong.. I meant that the right lane ends or branches off at certain points, not at all offramps but it still ends, not like in Germany where you can stay in the rightmost lane for 4000 miles, including when you drive through the cities, and the lane never ever turns off somewhere else.

Think entering 427 n/s from 401, or 401 e/w/black creek drive from hwy 400, etc

europrince
11-10-2008, 10:07 AM
let's drop this thread, no?

Meegis
11-17-2008, 06:28 AM
let's drop this thread, no?

NO.

I believe that doing 140 in the right lane is proper, and anything slower get off the road.

If you cant handle speed, get off the road.

MoRANS.

Some ****er last week threw pennies at me too.

Good thing i had my magnets and jew sweeper on, collected me ****ing $2.37. Best date ever.

Trouble65
11-17-2008, 09:02 AM
NO.

I believe that doing 140 in the right lane is proper, and anything slower get off the road.

MoRANS.

Good thing i had my magnets and jew sweeper on, collected me ****ing $2.37. Best date ever.

Oh thats good.

Fel
11-17-2008, 10:16 AM
NO.

MoRANS.

LOL.... dude, that you?

Meegis
11-17-2008, 11:45 AM
LOL.... dude, that you?

I thought I recognized the driver. ****er was doing 120 on the highway.... ONLY 120. WTF! MOTHER ****ER PIECE OF SHIT! GET THAT 120 ON TO BATHURST OR SOMETHING. GET THE FUCL OUT OF MY WAY YOU SLOW NOOB ASS POS! IMMA CUT YOU OFF!

but I do appreciate the $2.37 tip. Got me a muffin at Tim's *th-up*

Fel
11-17-2008, 12:25 PM
I thought I recognized the driver. ****er was doing 120 on the highway.... ONLY 120. WTF! MOTHER ****ER PIECE OF SHIT! GET THAT 120 ON TO BATHURST OR SOMETHING. GET THE FUCL OUT OF MY WAY YOU SLOW NOOB ASS POS! IMMA CUT YOU OFF!

but I do appreciate the $2.37 tip. Got me a muffin at Tim's *th-up*

Shit I can't believe I threw money at you.... just making your job easier (your job being jewish).

Though I completely agree. It is absolutely unheard of to go less than 183km/h in any middle lane. If you do that, you deserve anal torture of severe magnitude.

If fact, the next time I see anyone on the highway doing less than mach 2 will result in my killing an adorable golden retriever puppy. Twice. Consider yourself warned, universe!

Meegis
11-17-2008, 03:20 PM
Shit I can't believe I threw money at you.... just making your job easier (your job being jewish).

Though I completely agree. It is absolutely unheard of to go less than 183km/h in any middle lane. If you do that, you deserve anal torture of severe magnitude.

If fact, the next time I see anyone on the highway doing less than mach 2 will result in my killing an adorable golden retriever puppy. Twice. Consider yourself warned, universe!

I think the puppy needs to experience sodomy before you kill it.

Fel
11-17-2008, 03:29 PM
I think the puppy needs to experience sodomy before you kill it.

It already has. No worries there...

bmwm5lover
11-17-2008, 04:07 PM
Right lane 100-115km/h
Middle lane 115-130km/h
Left lane 130-+ km/h

Anything lower than the following, you are getting zapped by repetitive High beaming, possibly middle finger, and a hand gesture that says "move the **** out of the lane".

Trouble65
11-17-2008, 04:14 PM

!

It can't get any better.

Fel
11-17-2008, 04:15 PM
Right lane 100-115km/h
Middle lane 115-130km/h
Left lane 130-+ km/h

Anything lower than the following, you are getting zapped by repetitive High beaming, possibly middle finger, and a hand gesture that says "move the **** out of the lane".

You tell 'em Terry. (But you left out the murdered puppies... :()

MiroE36
11-17-2008, 04:23 PM
Right lane 100-115km/h
Middle lane 115-130km/h
Left lane 130-+ km/h

Its easy to explain this concept to white people and most stick with it too... see how far you get with the asians and brown people... They wouldn't drive 130 if their life depended on it... or their puppies

Mystikal
11-17-2008, 04:56 PM
Its easy to explain this concept to white people and most stick with it too... see how far you get with the asians and brown people... They wouldn't drive 130 if their life depended on it... or their puppies

lol you do realize that maX is like half populated by asians/south asians, right?

Fe9L
11-17-2008, 05:10 PM
lol the next 3-4 pages is gonna be interesting!!!

slimjim
11-17-2008, 06:45 PM

what u say about brown ppl u cracka?

lol jks im whiter than the whites will come! Zit Heil!:P

5thseries
11-17-2008, 07:03 PM
Driving in the united states.. i have felt more secure driving in there type of environment.. everyone keeps up with each other at speeds way over the limit..

While in Florida.. i was on the high way about 3 times a day.. mostly coming back from the beach... the people there drive amazing!.. the speed limit is posted at 60mph... people clocking about 80+.. cops/ specifically the speed trappers. they are cool!.. im in my cousins bimmer coming back (him driving).. the cop didnt even pull him.. or any of the driver off (my cousin said as long as your not passing everyone else quickly, meaning 100mph+)... believe it or not.. i felt better and actually safer doing this.. .. Brampton now.. DIRT.. on the 401.. you have the newbies on the road that come from places with donkeys and carts going UNDER the speed limit.. doing improper lane changes and just generally SUCK at driving... now heres what blows my mind.. they say.. SPEED KILLS.. too some parts yes.. but also those who cant handle being under pressure.. quick reactions.. and last second thinking.. there the people who screw us experienced and skilled drivers over.. (im not talking about those who think they can drive.. but those who can DRIVE) as its been said before.. the system is highly ****ed.. and im sure the people that make these rules drive also.. how come they cant see what WE are complaining about with there own eyes?? Damn people!

rendered
11-28-2008, 02:29 AM
Brampton now.. DIRT.. on the 401.. you have the newbies on the road that come from places with donkeys and carts going UNDER the speed limit.. doing improper lane changes and just generally SUCK at driving..

LMFAO!!!! so true, damn camel jockies

JPower24
11-28-2008, 09:44 AM
I just gotta repeat whats already been said on page one,
pennies out the sunroof or sometimes just lay down a rolling roadblock.

Honestly if I'm pissed off to the point that I'm doing this, you deserve it.

Glad I didnt do this in the states one time though when I was driving my integra. A malibu was tailing me for like 2 minutes, light traffic beside me, two lanes. Well I get sick of this jackass behind, and being 19 instead of getting over, I went from 5th to 4th, to redline to .... uh oh. Well that malibu was an unmarked cop apparently. (for those haven't owned an integra the top of 4th is 180). So I went from an adrenaline rush to... wtf was I thinking, im dead.

Anyways I pull into the right lane, start slowing down. the malibu pulls up beside me, rolls down his window and motions for me to do the same. I do and get the worst lecture from a cop Ive ever got while driving 120km/h. pretty much went like this
Cop-"what the hell are you thinking"
me-"I thought there was just some asshole tailing me" well hey there was....
cop- "Slow the **** down"
me- "ok"
He takes off.
Seriously though, he was so close I could see what he was wearing when he was behind me, a suit. So last thing I figured was "hey a cop". But that suit is probably what saved me, probably thought of himself as to important to be writing a ticket. Cheers you lazy S.C. cops.

So yeah, throwing pennies isn't always the best idea, im sure I woulda got more than a rolling lecture.

VSanj
11-28-2008, 10:35 AM

wow.........you need some ****in help jackass!

That is by far the most idiotic statement i have ever read on maxbimmer.

VSanj
11-28-2008, 10:42 AM
Originally Posted by 5thseries View Post
Brampton now.. DIRT.. on the 401.. you have the newbies on the road that come from places with donkeys and carts going UNDER the speed limit.. doing improper lane changes and just generally SUCK at driving..

LMFAO!!!! so true, damn camel jockies

not very funny, you do have to remember that those so called "camel Jockys" got their liscence from the goverment........instead of blaming them look at the liscence laws.

Axxe
11-28-2008, 11:15 AM
not very funny, you do have to remember that those so called "camel Jockys" got their liscence from the goverment........instead of blaming them look at the liscence laws.

Yup, that's the scary part. Whenever I see a 5+ year old corolla doing 80 in the left lane and all I see is two hands on the top of the wheel, no driver, I just pass on the right.

1BADBMR
11-28-2008, 03:35 PM

I don't think it has anything to do with what race you are.
Some people are at different driving levels than others, to make a comment like that makes you look like ignorant*no-no*

VSanj
11-28-2008, 08:45 PM
^^x10000000000000000000000

Fel
12-03-2008, 11:33 AM
I don't think it has anything to do with what race you are.
Some people are at different driving levels than others, to make a comment like that makes you look like ignorant*no-no*

You haven't spent much time in Markham, have you?

europrince
12-03-2008, 11:38 AM
This thread is still a fail and deserves to die

TurboTropic
12-03-2008, 12:20 PM
Three simple rules for a three lane road:

1. If there's no traffic or you're not passing anyone you should be in the far right lane.

2. If you're passing someone in the right lane you should be in the centre lane.

3. If you're passing someone in the centre lane you should be in the left lane.

Rinse and repeat.

Actual speed has nothing to do with it.

Fel
12-03-2008, 03:17 PM
This thread is still a fail and deserves to die

Some could say the same about you, but we don't bring it up.....

PROJECT_E36
01-08-2009, 09:33 PM
i would of done the same thing, i hate being tailgated... the other thing i pull is slowing down untill they try to pass me and when they do i drop a gear or 2 and fly by them... this is mabe because i have anger issues ? :P jkz

AceOfSpades
01-08-2009, 11:55 PM
Some could say the same about you, but we don't bring it up.....
Brutal ownage!!!:D:D