PDA

View Full Version : what Turbo should i use ?

andicanada
10-28-2008, 01:49 PM
Hello !

ok here some information about the engine S52 OBD1 conversion compression lowerd via piston to 8:1 ARP head studs MLS head gasket ceramic coated main and road berings ebay exhaustmanifold with T3 flansh

So what would sude my engine and what kinda power ????

ps. still looking for some turbo parts so contact me if you have something

Bye Andre

SamE30e
10-28-2008, 04:47 PM
That's a broad question.

andicanada
10-28-2008, 07:33 PM
i know who is having a answer !?

///tyron
10-28-2008, 10:00 PM
what size injectors are u running and whos doing the tune

andicanada
10-28-2008, 10:50 PM
i think about that when i'm there lol for the injector
i have someone doing the tune from this board

///tyron
10-28-2008, 11:00 PM
i think about that when i'm there lol for the injector
i have someone doing the tune from this board

lol what?

NOTORIOUS VR
10-28-2008, 11:17 PM
Andre, you need to make one thread about your build... You're putting information EVERYWHERE. Maybe a mod can merge the threads from his other posts all into one?

to answer your turbo question we first have to know what you're expecting from your motor.

Do you want a streetable setup, meaning less lag and possibly less top end power in the long run, or do you no mind some lag but want it to be a monster up top? how much HP do YOU want to make?

You cannot expect people to answer every question for you. If you're attempting a build like this you need to do a lot of research and choose a certain route to follow. There are a TON of people boosting your setup on bimmerforums.com, take a day out and search turbo M3, etc and you'll find more threads then you probably want to read. But it gives you a good idea as what to expect.

That said, answer my two above questions and we'll go from there. And stop making new threads *smoke*

andicanada
10-28-2008, 11:33 PM
ok to be honest i dont know what i want lol
what i do know is that i dont buy cheap parts and i want the best parts and for the rest i did never real do resarch i think you see that on my questions i'm always looking for answers when i'm there and then i take my time think and do resaerch

how much power i dont know but i would like to have a good driveable car lol

///tyron
10-29-2008, 07:29 AM
what i do know is that i dont buy cheap parts and i want the best parts and for the rest i did never real do resarch i think you see that on my questions i'm always looking for answers when i'm there and then i take my time think and do resaerch

it honestly doesnt sound like you're knowledgeable enough in the bmw FI world to be jumping into a build like this.

but then again, who i am to say that...jus go with a GT42r *th-up*

NOTORIOUS VR
10-29-2008, 12:11 PM

This has nothing to do with buying cheap or best/worst parts. You cannot go into an FI build not knowing what you want or without doing research. You will be wasting a lot of money by doing that. There is a lot of planning to be done in cases like this. What does your fuel system support? Injector size, what fuel pump? What have you done to your drive train, etc, etc. So many things you have to put together and make all the pieces fit. If you can't do that, you should not be attempting this project on your own.

At the very minimum you need to have a power goal in mind.

No one can answer your questions based on the information you give. Without knowing what you want, it's impossible to give you advice.

Sorry

NOTORIOUS VR
10-29-2008, 12:12 PM
it honestly doesnt sound like you're knowledgeable enough in the bmw FI world to be jumping into a build like this.

but then again, who i am to say that...jus go with a GT42r *th-up*

lol that's a sick turbo if you want a lot of power... but we'll see what he thinks about a 42R once he sees the price of one :P

///tyron
10-29-2008, 01:15 PM
lol that's a sick turbo if you want a lot of power... but we'll see what he thinks about a 42R once he sees the price of one :P

hahaha i was just being sarcastic, but it sure wont dissapoint *rockout*

NOTORIOUS VR
10-29-2008, 01:50 PM
hahaha i was just being sarcastic, but it sure wont dissapoint *rockout*

lol... it will dissapoint when everything else breaks around it because it'll make too much POWAHHH :moon:

SamE30e
10-29-2008, 10:07 PM
Godzilla turbo. If it will spool.

gnarfy
10-30-2008, 09:24 AM
GT35 HTA

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1076660

SpoolinS6
10-30-2008, 09:53 AM
Gt55r

andicanada
11-03-2008, 12:11 PM
ok i have a offer for a Turbonetics T66 how good are theys units ???? I'm thinking on buying that unit for the M52 b32
and what power would the Turbo make in a good setup ?????

thanks

NOTORIOUS VR
11-03-2008, 04:37 PM
Turbonetics makes good turbos (they're Garrett based anyways), and a T66 is good for around 500WHP.

What hot side housing does it have?

What about answering my other questions?

What is your fuel setup? Injector size, and fuel pump(s)?

Have you decided yet what kind of power you'd like to see in your car?

I don't understand why you can't answer at least the last question... I mean almost everyone know's approx what kind of power they're aiming for.

andicanada
11-03-2008, 05:45 PM
like i said i still have to buy the injectors fuel pump i think i gone go aftermarked and bigger.

power whise i'm happy with everything over 400 HP

NOTORIOUS VR
11-03-2008, 11:09 PM
ok... well if you're looking for anything in the 400-500WHP range...

Get yourself a Bosch 044 or a high pressure Walbro 255LPH pump... The 044 is a better pump but also costs a little more. If you're looking for 600+WHP range you'll want to get two of which ever pump you decide to go with.

As for injectors, I'm going to have to recommend these to you. They are currently the best high-z injectors on the market:

Siemens/Deka 660cc @ 3 BAR... They offer a superior spray pattern and give you a really nice idle and cruise quality. They also take very well to high pressures so if you decide to turn up the boost you can turn up the base pressure to 4-4.5 BAR.

Get them from here:
http://www.racetronix.com/L107FM.html

And you'll get them in a flow matched set (very important).

What have you done for a clutch?

andicanada
11-04-2008, 09:22 AM
for the clutch i'm working right now on a E34 m5 pressure plate with a machined flywheel (m20) to get the 240mm disc in there.

or are there any easyer and cheaper ways you know off ???

thanks for your help you know what you are talking about :)

e30_kid89
11-04-2008, 10:41 AM
Use stock s52 flywheel?

andicanada
11-04-2008, 11:27 AM
why ??? the clutch is 228mm i think

NOTORIOUS VR
11-04-2008, 11:34 AM
Well if you want to go cheap... just go to Eurodrive in Oakville and have them remake a stock clutch for you and upgrade your pressure plate. It'll be a pain in the ass to drive in traffic but it'll hold. Actually you'll probably be able to just go with a stock clutch disk and an upgraded pressure plate. But at 500hp you're going to be pushing it without upgrading the disc as well. That said, the stock M20 clutch and PP in my friends 400RWHP E30 is holding the power pretty good.

What tranny are you using? The M20 tranny? I'm guessing by what you've written you have the single mass flywheel?

Remember you do get what you pay for. Going cheap for something like this usually means you'll be re-doing it again. And pulling the tranny to change the clutch isn't fun especially when you could just put something in there that will hold the first time around ;)

andicanada
11-04-2008, 12:13 PM
im having a e36 Transmision and a singel mass flywheel
and like i said i get the flywheel machined to fit a 240mm clutch disk from the M5 E34 and pressure plate i think that gone the best as a the Torque rating is already pretty good for the M5 clutch

///tyron
11-04-2008, 12:28 PM
im having a e36 Transmision and a singel mass flywheel
and like i said i get the flywheel machined to fit a 240mm clutch disk from the M5 E34 and pressure plate i think that gone the best as a the Torque rating is already pretty good for the M5 clutch

u dont want single mass. your s52 dual mass puts load on the motor which turbos like. Just run a s52 flywheel with a south bend clutch if you can afford it. Their clutches are capable over holding over 700rwtq. with stock like drive ability.

if you dont want your flywheel sell it to me. *th-up*

e30_kid89
11-04-2008, 03:06 PM
why ??? the clutch is 228mm i think

Incorrecto.

m20 clutches are smaller(228mm)
s52 clutches are larger(240mm)

andicanada
11-04-2008, 03:53 PM
ok sorry was i dreaming !?

///tyron
11-04-2008, 10:36 PM
ok sorry was i dreaming !?

http://www.dxdracingclutches.com/home.html

seriosuly call these guys. their clutches are pretty expensive but theyre one of the best clutches you can buy.

andicanada
11-04-2008, 11:11 PM
i dont real know never heard anything about them and the price is good same as a sachs custom made how i want the clutch to be

andicanada
11-04-2008, 11:12 PM
but that with the sachs would take like 2 month shipping and ordering direct from gemany

///tyron
11-05-2008, 07:36 AM
but that with the sachs would take like 2 month shipping and ordering direct from gemany

theyre located in the states? :confused: