PDA

View Full Version : oil feed and return for Turbo S52

andicanada
10-23-2008, 06:44 PM
Hey guys i was wondering what would be the best place for the oil feed and oil return on s52 also what size hose and conector should i run !?

THANKS FOR ANY HELP

BYE ANDRE

SamE30e
10-23-2008, 10:24 PM
Oil pan.

What size turbo.

andicanada
10-24-2008, 07:42 AM
i dont know yet what kinda turbo i want as i wanne get the engine done first and then do the turbo.

the compression is 8.5:1 so for the return i go in the oil pan thats clear so fare but from where do you guys take the oil ? i think there are 2 options drilling and tapping the block or drilling and tapping under the oil filter housing

what would be better

_DIESEL_
10-25-2008, 10:43 AM
I would just get a T adapter and screw it on the oil filter housing where your oilpressure sensor is thats the easy way no driling nothing.

FuryriderX
10-25-2008, 03:23 PM
I would just get a T adapter and screw it on the oil filter housing where your oilpressure sensor is thats the easy way no driling nothing.

QFT

PedroBMW
10-26-2008, 11:26 PM
+1 I agree with the oil pressure sender location.

I used this T from TRM its a quality peice but not cheap @ $30 it gives you a 1/8"NPT so then I just used a 1/8"NPT to -4AN fitting --> http://www.racersmarket.net/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=22_24&products_id=43

For the drain, just tap the oil pan and go. I used a -10AN to 3/8" fitting and tapped it into the pan. Easiest way to go is to do it with the oil still in so that you don't have to pull the pan, if you do pull the pan then I'd just do a welded bung.

The problem you'll probably have depending on your manifold + turbo choice is that the turbo is so low that you'll have a very poor gravity drain. I think I'll be buying a scavenge pump over the winter to make mine a bit better, my turbo sits lowso I have maybe 1.5" of drop, thats it. When you buy your drain fitting for your turbo, I'd try to find the lowest profile one possible, it'll at least make the best of the situation.

everlast
10-27-2008, 11:13 AM
You drilled and tapped the oil pan and didn't pull the pan? Wouldn't that leave, say, a bunch of metal chunks in your oil? :?

e30_kid89
10-27-2008, 07:09 PM
Well im thinking the idea is while you're drilling with oil still in the pan once you gone through the oil in the pan will come rushing out taking w/e metal flakes with it.

everlast
10-27-2008, 07:11 PM
What about the ones that don't? As much as I'd like to use this method, that sounds like a bad idea.

PedroBMW
10-27-2008, 08:33 PM
Well the idea is that as the oil came spooling out, the shavings came with it. truthfully I have no proof that there are no shavings inside other than the fact that my cars runs : ), I also ran 3 Liters of fresh oil threw the new hole I made (flush anything at all) before actually filling the car with oil again. I recommend pulling the pan, I'm sure its less risky, however I do know many people have done it my way.

///tyron
10-27-2008, 10:28 PM
Well the idea is that as the oil came spooling out, the shavings came with it. truthfully I have no proof that there are no shavings inside other than the fact that my cars runs : ), I also ran 3 Liters of fresh oil threw the new hole I made (flush anything at all) before actually filling the car with oil again. I recommend pulling the pan, I'm sure its less risky, however I do know many people have done it my way.

hows your car running? are you running an gt30r or 35r?

PedroBMW
10-28-2008, 05:49 AM
hows your car running? are you running an gt30r or 35r?

neither, I'm running a t3/t04e 60 trim with 0.82 hotside.

everlast
10-28-2008, 10:10 AM

Interesting.