PDA

View Full Version : Increase PM lenght limit!

ScotcH
10-20-2008, 05:44 PM
When going back and forth a few times with quotes, the PM limit is way too short. If space is the isse, reduce the NUMBER of PMs allowed to store, but please increase the lenght of each PM!

Axxe
10-20-2008, 10:54 PM
When going back and forth a few times with quotes, the PM limit is way too short. If space is the isse, reduce the NUMBER of PMs allowed to store, but please increase the lenght of each PM!

I think there should be more PM's allowed (200 is horridly low compared to many other vBulletin sites), and the length should be longer, but for big conversations I always resort to email, much better than PM's.

Bliss
10-20-2008, 11:27 PM
I"ll look into this, and possibly increase it for you guys...i just need to see what i can increase it to first.

But, as Axxe stated, pm's shouldnt be used for converations. Email is good for long back and forth messages.

Axxe
10-21-2008, 02:13 AM
That would be awesome Bliss.

Bliss
10-21-2008, 03:01 AM
I have increased the # of characters per pm to 1800, and increased the limit allowed stored to 250. I dont think more is needed.
However keep in mind that it's your responsibility to empty/clean up your pm boxes.

Enjoy:)