PDA

View Full Version : E30 with s52 engine dropping compression

andicanada
10-15-2008, 10:51 AM
Hey guys !

i need to know what kinda power would a S52 put out with a obd1 conversion and dropping the compression down to 8.5:1 with fordged pistons

right now i spend already over 3000 grand on the engine and thought to put a hold on the Turbo for the winter only, starting next spring i wanne get things done as i also have not much time now but still would like to drive the car

any answers !?

Bye Andre

NOTORIOUS VR
10-16-2008, 12:36 AM
Hey guys !

i need to know what kinda power would a S52 put out with a obd1 conversion and dropping the compression down to 8.5:1 with fordged pistons

right now i spend already over 3000 grand on the engine and thought to put a hold on the Turbo for the winter only, starting next spring i wanne get things done as i also have not much time now but still would like to drive the car

any answers !?

Bye Andre

Honestly, does it matter? I mean I know you are curious. But no one will be able to tell you for sure. So why not worry about getting the car ready and driving and take it to the dyno and you'll see exactly how much it'll make *th-up*

andicanada
10-16-2008, 01:31 AM
i know i know i placed the order today for VAC motorsport stuff lol a total of 3 grand
now i have to look whats left in my pocked right now lol

i was thinking get a paint job at first and now my car looks the same but i have a engine for like 4.5 grand but not even a turbo on there lol

NOTORIOUS VR
10-17-2008, 12:14 AM
i know i know i placed the order today for VAC motorsport stuff lol a total of 3 grand
now i have to look whats left in my pocked right now lol

i was thinking get a paint job at first and now my car looks the same but i have a engine for like 4.5 grand but not even a turbo on there lol

yes well doing things right takes time and money (as you've clearly figured out).

Enjoy your project and do things properly. It'll only make it so much more enjoyable afterwards believe me.

Don't worry about the power output of the motor while it's still N/A. That's not what you built it for. Enjoy it for what it is, and once you do finish your turbo kit you'll wonder why you ever cared about what you were making before *th-up*

PedroBMW
10-17-2008, 12:18 AM
are you trying to figure out how much power you'vr lost due to your compression drop? or how much power you can potentially get when you boost it? sorry im slow

Eurostyle
10-17-2008, 12:28 AM
Better question is how much of that Hp you can use in the winter, and just how well your winters can hook up! ROFL...

andicanada
10-17-2008, 11:11 AM
i dont need to use any hp in the winter from that car as i have 2 cars lol
so!

and yes i would like to know how much hp that engine would put out on 8.5:1 compresion with no turbo.
and second with turbo lol

FuryriderX
10-18-2008, 02:49 PM
no turbo: lots
turbo : lots more!!

:P

e30_kid89
10-18-2008, 05:26 PM
AFAIK dropping the compression without turbo will see losses in power versus stock numbers since the s52 is generally a high compression motor.

andicanada
10-18-2008, 07:18 PM
i know that !

but as i see none real could name a # !
so i think i will go and put that sucker on the dyno and look lol
i will let you guys now then

Bye Andre

PedroBMW
10-19-2008, 12:35 PM
i dont know of anyone whos dyno'd a NA low compression motor. Could you post up your results here???? it'd be intersting to see.

velocity
02-19-2009, 10:24 PM
why would you want to waist your money on a dyno run just to find out what your low compresion engine is producing?? just save your $ and turbo it, with that compresion you have to run at least 14psi and if my numbers serve me correct you are good for an easy 30psi also remember is power to weight, your e30 is about 500 lbs lighter then an e36.

theox69
02-23-2009, 11:08 PM
get an e36 m3 supercharger from active autowerke or something...forget the turbo.