PDA

View Full Version : painting the trim....

Juve Deli
02-15-2002, 10:55 PM
hey i have a stock auto 88' 325i. Anyways i really hate that black metal trim that is on the side panels (for like shopping carts or something) and i was thinking aobut getting it painted. Is it easily done by yourself or should i go to a paint shop? alkso my current paint job is probably around 5-10 years old now so would it be impossible to get a flawless paintjob? what i mean is will the painted trim look maybe lighter (less dirty) then the rest of the car?

Thanks

Gamite
02-16-2002, 12:34 AM
What colour car do you have?

Bliss
02-16-2002, 01:59 AM
Well in a way, you won't be able to match the paint. The paint is probably faded if it's 5-10 years old depending also on how it was maintained. Usually body shops match the paint somewhat to make it look like the rest. It would be hard to do in my opinion, that is IF the paint is faded.

Juve Deli
02-16-2002, 08:35 AM
the light blue color.... hmm maybe ill wait till body kit until i can get whole car painted :) btw anyone know any good shops online or in bc area that sel m3 conversion m-tech kits (the real plastic ones, not fiberglass)

Dluxazn58
02-16-2002, 07:59 PM
dayyymn thats a lot of money!!! not to mention they are not direct bolt ons...

how much is the reiger kit? for an 86 325es?

and if the reiger kit only fits the 88+ models..

how much do you guys think it'd cost to MAKE the reiger kit fit my car?

Juve Deli
02-16-2002, 08:52 PM
sweet that helps alot.... thanks
btw is there some sort of negative image towards making ur bmw look like an m3 if it not? like with import if you get like a dx civic and get some type r stickers.... is it like that with bmws?

Tom!
02-16-2002, 09:52 PM
I just had a new front valance installed on my E30. Just glaze and wax your car regularly and it should match just fine.

Juve Deli
02-17-2002, 08:40 AM
ok sweet, well do u reccomend getting all the parts i would want at once to save money on paint? or if i wanted to, should i add stuff as i get the money?