PDA

View Full Version : First Mod

SWHEEEET
02-15-2002, 11:07 PM
The best people to ask this question is you guys :)
My question is what would be the best first Modification for a 1998 328i 4dr?
I guess what I am looking for is performance. My car is stock and an automatic... (it does have that little button to toggle between auto and manual) ;) Anyways... what would be your suggestions? Don't get me wrong I love the power it has already
*th-up*

P.S. I should have a picture tomorrow that will explain my nick :) :) :)

330DTM
02-16-2002, 01:31 AM
Well you could try the limited differential or pully's. You will feel the difference in the gain, but those do not increase hp in anyway.

if you get a cold air intake, exhaust, or chip, I don't think you will feel the difference with that mod itself, more of just the sound difference if you get exahust or intake.

Or if you want handling performance you could always start with springs & shocks or tires + wheels.

I dunno. heheh

Dluxazn58
02-16-2002, 02:37 AM
i know this is totally off topic of performance...

but I got one of those broadway extra wide mirrors....
and I love it! best "mod" I ever did... if you dont care about looking stupid.. you can get one of those FAT ricey ones.. those will eliminate the need to look at your blinds spots totally...

Bliss
02-16-2002, 02:50 AM
Originally posted by ROB89M3
Chip,filter,exhaust, This is considered 1 mod cuz they go hand in hand.

Yeah those seem to cover the first basics i guess, although i think i would go for clear lenses and springs first...well cosmetics are good too.;) Yeah but the chip, filter, and exhaust are pretty simple do it yourself bolt ons.:)

EMPOWERD
02-16-2002, 03:02 AM
I would have to say either a cold air intake system, or cat back exhaust. Don't get a chip until you've done more engine mods (or all that you plan on for a while) so the chip will be specifically mapped to your car's breathing/exhaust. This of course is stictly HP mods. A differencial will make a difference in acceleration, but since you have an Auto, you might not be too concerned about that. Visually, I can't stress enough a decent lowering job with clear markers all around with no less than an 18" wheel.

All in all, I would go with the cold air intake system for the first mod.

SWHEEEET
02-16-2002, 11:25 PM
Thanks for the ideas *th-up*

Unfortunately I didn't get the picture I was hoping for today. I am excited about the picture, sorry to keep holding you in suspence....

FC in TO
02-17-2002, 05:32 AM
All the items people mentioned above and...

Performance Driving School. *smoke*