PDA

View Full Version : Bimmercruise 2008 : Overview

maxevo
09-28-2008, 11:17 PM
Like to take this time to thank Randy and his g/f for the wonderful show ,also all the judges and staff who were helping out with the event.

wonderful Event , Great Time , Excellent Quality of Show !

Thanks Again Randy !

EVIL M3
09-29-2008, 12:10 AM
I agree! The event was well organized and had a great turn out. Thanks Randy and the crew.*th-up*

craigIS
09-29-2008, 01:53 AM
i wish i could have been there..... next year perhaps

team_ottawa
09-29-2008, 02:02 AM
i wanna thank every one who was involved it was a blast! and it was great meeting some of you guys

Gamite
09-29-2008, 09:33 AM
Really well organized, congrats randy

greekthang
09-29-2008, 09:51 AM
Event was great cars where great judges where great.
Location was brutal. Way too small for that amount of cars. Just my 0.02

King Luis
09-29-2008, 10:00 AM
Event was great cars where great judges where great.
Location was brutal. Way to small for that amount of cars. Just my 0.02

+1. definitely need a bigger location with a dyno. :P good event overall though.

how come there hasn't been a meet at applewood (dixie and qew) like the past bimmercruises????

Gamite
09-29-2008, 10:18 AM
my vote still goes for Downsview Airport :)

ShortShifter
09-29-2008, 10:47 AM
Awesome event with some fantastic cars! I would agree on the bigger location and a more central location. Great event guys! *th-up*

richie_s999
09-29-2008, 10:54 AM
stopped by but only had time for a walk through as had to help a friend move, but everyone's car looked sick!! Event looked well thought out over all, only thing missing was a track :) lappers and drifters would so be into that!!

EMPOWERD
09-29-2008, 11:15 AM
Thanks to everyone for participating, and of course a big thank you once again to the volunteers that helped put the event on. The location was a bit tight, but I always make judgments on past years' attendance. Every event before this had a mixture of spectator parking & show cars in one lot. The actual show-cars never exceeded 150, which was perfect for this parking lot (200 capacity). See what I mean?

I forgot to mention during the awards ceremony that I am currently speaking with TMP Cayuga for next year ("UgotBit" Vanessa stopped by yesterday).
Lapping/Drag/Show... how does that sound?

richie_s999
09-29-2008, 11:17 AM
Cayuga sounds sweet, maybe a hotel package for outa towners, if you need help with anything in the East end let me know, only had my BMW for 10 months but judging by the quality of the event, would love to make a weekend outa it!!!!

craz azn
09-29-2008, 11:19 AM
I forgot to mention during the awards ceremony that I am currently speaking with TMP Cayuga for next year ("UgotBit" Vanessa stopped by yesterday).
Lapping/Drag/Show... how does that sound?

WIN!! *th-up* *rockout*

punnzzells
09-29-2008, 11:24 AM
Randy....

Great show again.... I think that a track setting is the best... I really liked Applewood plaza when the show was small.. now it's gotten too good and larger, so Mosport or Cayuga would be great...

thanks for all the awesome work and dedication to the show...

Danila318is
09-29-2008, 11:52 AM
Was there only for about last 15 minutes of the event. But it looked like an awesome event. Great cars! Will definitely be there next time!

5style
09-29-2008, 11:59 AM
thanks to all of max coordinators and members for making it an awesome event. Kudos to Randy.

hackman
09-29-2008, 12:35 PM
Show was awesome

First Bimmer Cruise as I just bought my Car, looking forward to winning something next year.

Definitely bigger lot and variety of food options as the only thing offered was Pork hot dogs and there were quite a bit of people that don't eat Prok.

5style
09-29-2008, 01:26 PM
I am going to make one stink however, and thats the burnout contest. Since there were so little contestants, ( chris is not counted because he wasn t allowed to compete he was just showboating), its not fair that first place got taken away from the RX-7 which clearly tromped the two e36s, one with a open diff and the other which was just trashed.

This is all because the owner of the black e36, the one with a embarrassing open diff) made a huge stink that the mazda wasn t a bmw., In all honestly, the truth is it outdid you, next time don t bring a open diff car, because your complaint was unjustified. If you think that you are right, then Chris should of gotten first place because he did a much better job.

Blades
09-29-2008, 01:40 PM
Kudos to Randy and all others that helped in the event. I think it was great .. location was great as well. As Randy said, there were only 150 competing had they had room for 200. I didnt see that much room left. My buddy and I took a walk to the other parking lots to check out some cars and we seen some cars that should have been in the show. I seen a really nice Z4 with the words "NextMod" on it and 4 beautiful white Bimmers lined up together. I'd rather see a parking lot full of BMW's in the show or not. It can be the smallest mod that can bring up a conversation or interest.

I was very surprised not to see Bimmian. I would have thought they would have some stuff for sale .. too bad for them .. their loss.

btw, I heard I won the basket but wasnt there to collect :( that blows.

and I think Randy's idea is great for the next meet. Would love to go on the drag against some of you guys.

bmwm5lover
09-29-2008, 01:46 PM
I am going to make one stink however, and thats the burnout contest. Since there were so little contestants, ( chris is not counted because he wasn t allowed to compete he was just showboating), its not fair that first place got taken away from the RX-7 which clearly tromped the two e36s, one with a open diff and the other which was just trashed.

This is all because the owner of the black e36, the one with a embarrassing open diff) made a huge stink that the mazda wasn t a bmw., In all honestly, the truth is it outdid you, next time don t bring a open diff car, because your complaint was unjustified. If you think that you are right, then Chris should of gotten first place because he did a much better job.

I concur.

bmwm5lover
09-29-2008, 01:48 PM
Thanks a lot for a wonderful show Randy, you really are a gem in the BMW world. I am so glad we have someone willing to go the extra mile and put all of their own time and effort into something so special to many of us.

I would also like to say that Julian(Gamite), is a Jerk.

Quack
09-29-2008, 01:51 PM
I would also like to say that Julian(Gamite), is a Jerk.

did he take 1st place from you? poor baby:P

bmwm5lover
09-29-2008, 01:52 PM
did he take 1st place from you? poor baby:P

Ya, I ended up with "Runner Up".
It's ok. I am just being a baby.

EMPOWERD
09-29-2008, 02:08 PM
As Randy said, there were only 150 competing had they had room for 200. I didnt see that much room left.

What I said, was PAST years only had 150 show cars (actual competitors who paid)... so I thought a lot that holds 200 would be large enough if it were open to only competitors.

I'd rather see a parking lot full of BMW's in the show or not.

It will never happen again @Bimmercruise. If you want to enter the show, simply pay the (frugal) $20 to compete. Spectator parking will always be seperate from now on. I don't want spectators driving away mid-show, through crowds of people. If you compete, you have to stay till the end... like every other car show on the planet. This is also the reason we will not have it @Applewood plaza again. We need to control who enter/exits the premisis.

I was very surprised not to see Bimmian. I would have thought they would have some stuff for sale .. too bad for them .. their loss.

Bimmian is currently in Europe, hence their absence. I tried to get them out, I also had a few things to buy from them. Their warehouse is only a few KM's away in Whitby!

Show was awesome

First Bimmer Cruise as I just bought my Car, looking forward to winning something next year.

Definitely bigger lot and variety of food options as the only thing offered was Pork hot dogs and there were quite a bit of people that don't eat Prok.

Thanks for the props.

300 hot dogs gone in 2hrs begs to differ. I will offer veggie-dogs next time and buy twice as many. Point noted.

Furious
09-29-2008, 02:14 PM
thanks randy for a great show, i do agree about the parking lot location. it would be nice if there was another parking lot close by so one could be dedicated to the show the other to spectators. im not a fan of having people park on the streets. all in all it wasnt a huge issue. the big issue was definately the food. next time MORE FOOD RANDY!

EMPOWERD
09-29-2008, 02:25 PM
thanks randy for a great show, i do agree about the parking lot location. it would be nice if there was another parking lot close by so one could be dedicated to the show the other to spectators. im not a fan of having people park on the streets. all in all it wasnt a huge issue. the big issue was definately the food. next time MORE FOOD RANDY!

The parking lot behind the show (gravel) was large enough to hold 600 cars. Spectators were instructed to park there by our parking crew, but many must have been
1)Lazy
2)Anal about dust
3)wanted to show their car close to the event, without paying $20?

bmwm5lover
09-29-2008, 02:37 PM
I agree, if you are too cheap to fork out 20$ to support a great event, then you've made your choice and shouldn;t cry like a baby.

As long as I can make it out with a BMW, I will enter the car, not so much to win(i;ve never won in the past), but to show that we appreciate all the work and effort and we contribute to it becoming a success.

My only complaint is about the cruise, too many gravel roads were apart of the route, aside from that, it was great.

To those bitching about the food, who cares? Are you there to eat or look at sexy cars?

Once again, thank you Randy and crew.

INFAMOU$
09-29-2008, 02:42 PM
Show was good.. Here are my "improvement" thoughts:

-I liked the open Concept of Mosport on the grass last year better..
-No free T-shirt this year was a bummer as I was looking forward to that (my main reason for entry)
-I got food so I am not complaining there and prices were VERY REASONABLE! Kudos! Just sounds like more was needed for those who waited too long..
-Burn out contest was a Disaster IMO.
#1.. if you don't know how to do a burn out then you shouldn't be competing or allowed to enter (popping your engines off the rev limiters =FAIL..)
#2.. people shouldn't be allowed to stand around a small area with people who don't know how to do burnouts (this was asking for a car to hook and fly out into the crowd)..
#3.. Offering a maximum size of a 17" tire replacement was kinda weak as most of us have 18's or larger now..

All that aside.. the fact that Dyno was offered was cool and it was a nice day out for sure! Again I liked Mosport better especially with the track being there and all the open space.. not to mention it's only 30 minutes from my house :)

5style
09-29-2008, 02:45 PM
Well, food was extremely reasonable, I didn't enter my car in because truthfully it was dirty and not show worthy yet. I still say the rx-7 should of won and if not chris, because the other two were just embarassing.

Bimmerette
09-29-2008, 02:46 PM
Bimmercruise was amazing. Thanks EMPOWERD! *wave*

ACS_DAN
09-29-2008, 03:08 PM

-No free T-shirt this year was a bummer as I was looking forward to that (my main reason for entry)
-I got food so I am not complaining there and prices were VERY REASONABLE! Kudos! Just sounds like more was needed for those who waited too long..
#1.. if you don't know how to do a burn out then you shouldn't be competing or allowed to enter (popping your engines off the rev limiters =FAIL..)
#2.. people shouldn't be allowed to stand around a small area with people who don't know how to do burnouts (this was asking for a car to hook and fly out into the crowd)..
#3.. Offering a maximum size of a 17" tire replacement was kinda weak as most of us have 18's or larger now..

All that aside.. the fact that Dyno was offered was cool and it was a nice day out for sure! Again I liked Mosport better especially with the track being there and all the open space.. not to mention it's only 30 minutes from my house :)

x2 LOL, When I heard the rev limiter I cringed. I think more smoke came from under his hood than the rear wheels =p. But none the less he was a good sport and good for him for winning.

Cayuga sounds like a lot of fun!

On an extra note. I'm kind of shocked Rudy(Crzy AZn) didn't win anything. That e30 is the cleanest thing I've ever seen. I walked by it several times and had to stare every time.

Oz_Racing
09-29-2008, 03:20 PM

ok first off way to be a dick, i didnt see you burning out, i only did it to have fun you know like most of us went up there for. 2nd i even changed my tires so i would be able to brake trac, but the car is made for the track and wouldn't burn, the first run i did what i always did with my 240 but this car is to well built (from BIMMERSPORT) so nothing could be done.

So if your going to hate on people trying to have fun, you should really just stay home. there is no reason for you to be rude towards people just going out to have a good time. no one told people to stand infront of the cars they have a mind of their own, should have been smarter on their own part. :moon:

5style
09-29-2008, 03:40 PM
ok first off way to be a dick, i didnt see you burning out, i only did it to have fun you know like most of us went up there for. 2nd i even changed my tires so i would be able to brake trac, but the car is made for the track and wouldn't burn, the first run i did what i always did with my 240 but this car is to well built (from BIMMERSPORT) so nothing could be done.

So if your going to hate on people trying to have fun, you should really just stay home. there is no reason for you to be rude towards people just going out to have a good time. no one told people to stand infront of the cars they have a mind of their own, should have been smarter on their own part. :moon:

the real problem is that the mazda won.

ShortShifter
09-29-2008, 03:45 PM

Wow taker easy. Hes not attacking you. Its true, no one should have been in front of the cars because if something did happen and your car was in 2nd or 3rd gear hooked up and shot through the crowd someone could get seriously injured or could cause death.

And it was only when people tried putting it in 2nd or 3rd gear that the chalks would give and the car would shoot forward.

There was another guy after you that just pinned the pedal and rode the rev limiter the whole time and just sounded like it was about to break!

Anyways what I think he was implying is that more precautions should have been taken.

The bov sounded cool in the burnout though *th-up*

ShortShifter
09-29-2008, 03:47 PM
the real problem is that the mazda won.

ANyone know if his motor is ok? I know he overheated while doing the burnout and had to be pushed off...any warpage??

Oz_Racing
09-29-2008, 04:04 PM
ANyone know if his motor is ok? I know he overheated while doing the burnout and had to be pushed off...any warpage??

thanks for that, just sounds as a personal thing.

but as for the mazda he just didn't want to start his car to cause possible damage he drove off after no problem

Furious
09-29-2008, 04:05 PM
To those bitching about the food, who cares? Are you there to eat or look at sexy cars?

dont get me wrong the food was very reasonable, but dammit i was hungry lol. i was there for both to be honest i woke up hungover and in a rush to make it to the show so yes both :P

INFAMOU$
09-29-2008, 04:12 PM
Oz,

My comments weren't directed directly towards you.. So you didn't need to get all defensive.. The fact that your car is "made for the track" means nothing.. If you used to be able to do better burn outs in your 240 then I don't know what to say..

I know you changed your tires and I think it's great that you were a good sport going out of your way to compete.. Trust me... burn outs are nothing new to me and just because I didn't compete doesn't mean I don't know how to do them or have a vehicle that can.. I am sure the fact that you put your other 2 wheels and tires in the back seat didn't help any.. I know your car makes good power and there is no reason why you shouldn't have been able to win that competition IMHO..

As for nobody telling the people not to stand infront of the cars.. Well people aren't that smart sometimes and don't realize how easy it could be for a car to hook and take off. I hope next time the burn-out organizer keep it a little more clear for the safety of our fellow enthusiasts..

craz azn
09-29-2008, 04:12 PM
On an extra note. I'm kind of shocked Rudy(Crzy AZn) didn't win anything. That e30 is the cleanest thing I've ever seen. I walked by it several times and had to stare every time.

LOL damn bro im flattered :eek: thanks for the props tho man *th-up**th-up*

propr'one
09-29-2008, 04:18 PM
i can't believe i lost in the LSB turbo class just cause my car isn't turbo or LSB. And i didn't enter.

weak!

i dont see why you're bitching that the mazda won. I didn't see the burnout competition, but what do burnout copetitions have to do with driving a bmw? Plenty of cars do burnouts WAY better than bmw's.

Blades
09-29-2008, 04:20 PM
It will never happen again @Bimmercruise. If you want to enter the show, simply pay the (frugal) $20 to compete. Spectator parking will always be seperate from now on. I don't want spectators driving away mid-show, through crowds of people. If you compete, you have to stay till the end... like every other car show on the planet. This is also the reason we will not have it @Applewood plaza again. We need to control who enter/exits the premisis.

Bimmian is currently in Europe, hence their absence. I tried to get them out, I also had a few things to buy from them. Their warehouse is only a few KM's away in Whitby!

Good Point

hence the surprise they didnt show .. they're not that far away. Didnt think they would be open on the Sunday either way.

INFAMOU$
09-29-2008, 04:21 PM
HAHA you crack me up..

i can't believe i lost in the LSB turbo class just cause my car isn't turbo or LSB. And i didn't enter.

weak!

i dont see why you're bitching that the mazda won. I didn't see the burnout competition, but what do burnout copetitions have to do with driving a bmw? Plenty of cars do burnouts WAY better than bmw's.

5style
09-29-2008, 04:34 PM

weak!

no no no, the mazda didn t win because the non lsd e36 owner went and cried about it.

INFAMOU$
09-29-2008, 04:39 PM
no no no, the mazda didn t win because the non lsd e36 owner went and cried about it.

good thing I didn't bring my Lightning *angel*

ShortShifter
09-29-2008, 04:58 PM
good thing I didn't bring my Lightning *angel*

True say*rockout*

punnzzells
09-29-2008, 05:39 PM
Guys... it's a show...calm down.... even though some cars look like ASSSSSSSSS to you and I... to a score sheet, they get the numbers needed to win.... that's what a show is..not personal taste, points.... plain and simple..

I like the mosport show as well... as I did say before.... but... you can't please everyone.

Randy,

if you do a change next year.... make a sign, on a pole or something for each class so everyone parks together.... if it was mosport, for example... more room needed, just move a sign and cars.. in a parking lot, you are more restricted for space..... the grass makes for better pics too...

also...

coke zero suks... get diet for us fat falkers! ( yes... you mr. 225lbs :D )

punnzzells
09-29-2008, 05:42 PM
forgot to add..

no one should be standing infront of a dyno or infront of a burnout contest ... c'mon... really... what is this civic nation yo yo!

use your brain... shiot happens... don't tempt fate.

... not to mention.... Randy's a poor falker...

E46coupe
09-29-2008, 06:37 PM
Great Show....wish they had more hot dogs! I was starving

thanks I enjoyed it!

E36is
09-29-2008, 06:47 PM
my only disappointment was that there was only one bathroom, and the fawker before me must of had rot gut.

greekthang
09-29-2008, 07:26 PM
Seeing is alot of cars there sounded like they had some serious exhaust sounds and exhaust next year they should have a class with best exhaust sound.

Boss17
09-29-2008, 07:58 PM
my only disappointment was that there was only one bathroom, and the fawker before me must of had rot gut.

LOL i was thinking the same thing. Show was great but 1 washroom, C'MON!!

LOL! Randy started getting annoyed with this guy blurting out comments during the trophy ceremony. That shit was jokes "hey do you just want the mic cause you won't shut up!" classic shit Randy.

I knew I wouldn't win anything but I paid the $20 to support a great show and all that. I'll definitely be at the next one and if any help is needed in organizing it, give me a hollar.

Eddie

$500bimmer
09-29-2008, 08:17 PM
good show...some stuff needs improvement... but i will be there next year and so on...

not really hoping to win anything just helping to keep a great thing going.

gnome
09-29-2008, 09:02 PM
Nice event, good job. Had a chance to compete and made it to Jack Astor's afterwards (I wish more people showed up!).

Looking forward to next year. Here is some feedback:

- My wife and kids were getting weary towards the end of the day, the awards were given out 1 1/2 hours behind schedule. With no more food and limited amusements... so they called off the cruise and I drove them home. Had we left on time at 5PM I think they would have enjoyed it. We cruise all the time and attend meets but 7 hours in a parking lot in the Sun took its toll.
Next time bring out ice cream freezer, a slushy machine and catered coffee and you would have a hit.
- I try to keep my car mint, and have moderate but tasteful upgrades. I wish I was advised which catagory to compete in, as I found out later that there were M3's in the E46 mild catagory (M3's aren't mild by any stretch). I should have entered "luxury" or "misc" catagory - I had the only Touring at the event! At least I had some attention and questions from passers-by.:D

thanks

Blades
09-29-2008, 09:35 PM
True say*rockout*

LOL! I think you mean Touché .. word used when someone brings up a good response. Term came from fencing.

EMPOWERD
09-29-2008, 09:50 PM
- My wife and kids were getting weary towards the end of the day, the awards were given out 1 1/2 hours behind schedule. With no more food and limited amusements... so they called off the cruise and I drove them home. Had we left on time at 5PM I think they would have enjoyed it. We cruise all the time and attend meets but 7 hours in a parking lot in the Sun took its toll.
Next time bring out ice cream freezer, a slushy machine and catered coffee and you would have a hit.
- I try to keep my car mint, and have moderate but tasteful upgrades. I wish I was advised which catagory to compete in, as I found out later that there were M3's in the E46 mild catagory (M3's aren't mild by any stretch). I should have entered "luxury" or "misc" catagory - I had the only Touring at the event! At least I had some attention and questions from passers-by.:D

thanks

Appologies for the late trophy ceremony... seems like every year it happens, no matter what I do to correct the problem. This time, it was shear numbers. The judges had a hard time finishing before 4pm. Many competitors locked their cars (after being told not to), only to complain they weren't judged after 5pm!
Next year it looks like I will have to add more classes yet again. ///M cars will be seperated from nom///M, which will help those like yourself. This is great feedback guys, keep it coming... just don't repeat what i've already explained.

Gamite
09-29-2008, 10:00 PM
Got some more ideas for the show:

SPL Competition
SQ Competition

There's a lot of audiophillies out there.

Specialty awards, when you register for your car, you should be able to register for 2 additional specialty awards, e.g: concourse and best paint, or smething like that. This way the judges don't actually have to go searching through all the cars to find them.

I like the idea of additional categories for M cars, but are you gonna do best m3/M5/M6? Additional 3 series classes are always welcome because there are so many of them, but not so much for the other series'.

Ant118
09-29-2008, 10:05 PM
Great show Randy! The Dyno was a great touch. Location was good, I mean who would have thought that it would get THAT crazy. I mean, this is getting bigger year after year. Also the cayuga idea is great. Plenty of room and some place to have fun with your modded cars on the drag/lapping. Also adding the M-cars for a seperate class would be a great idea. Beacause a E30 M3 for example has way more of an advantage over a 318is. Had a blast, will help out again next year! Oh btw Randy I have one of your FRS's.

bmwm5lover
09-30-2008, 12:06 AM
Also adding the M cars for a seperate class would be a great idea. Beacause a E30 M3 for example has way more of an advantage over a 318is. Had a blast, will help out again next year! Oh btw randy I have one of your FRS's.

Yes and no, it seems that ///M cars do not always get all the points a non M with M parts gets, because they are considered as upgrades to the non-m car. Or at least that's how I think it works. I might be wrong though.(maybe Randy can shine some light on that)

Judging is hard with soo many vehicles. It is really nice to see some people come out with cars that we do not get to see regularly.

The icecream idea was a good one.

Eurostyle
09-30-2008, 12:41 AM

thanks

The Mild/Wild cathegory has to do with the level of modifications done to the car. Gary's orange monster (although non-M) is not the same as stock M3 (that does belong in a mild class!)...

Yes and no, it seems that ///M cars do not always get all the points a non M with M parts gets, because they are considered as upgrades to the non-m car. Or at least that's how I think it works. I might be wrong though.(maybe Randy can shine some light on that)

Judging is hard with soo many vehicles. It is really nice to see some people come out with cars that we do not get to see regularly.

The icecream idea was a good one.

It does make sens that the stock M cars are judged for what they are, not for smothing special if they were build that way from the factory...A 318 with ///M motor swap, brakes, interior, suspention etc shows a LOT more effort (and wins points) then a stock M3...

Furious
09-30-2008, 01:02 AM
all in all the show was well done, Randy does a tremendous job. next year i'm sure people like myself are willing to help out in any way possible. the one thing i say to Randy every year is i would like to see bimmercruise in the summer, but really that, like the food issue is nitpicking.

A pet peeves i noticed at the show... idiots doing burnouts while leaving the parking lot.. seriously, you're one wrong move away from hitting a parked car and being all over youtube as the next moron that can't drive. All it takes is one guy to make a mistake and shut down the whole show (cops are just waiting for a reason).

qimis
09-30-2008, 01:06 AM
the grass makes for better pics too...

I disagree, not that a cramped parking lot makes it any better. Best location for pictures was 2 years ago at Mosport.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/107/303352834_219a6e118e.jpg?v=0

Overall was a great turn out this year, congrats Randy! *cough* Downsview *cough* ;)

greekthang
09-30-2008, 07:57 AM
Got some more ideas for the show:

SPL Competition
SQ Competition

There's a lot of audiophillies out there.

Thats actually a good idea bud the judging will be hard. Only IASCA official can judge SQ with there certain cds they play and a really good ear. Ive been to them before. Needless to say I like the idea.

E36is
09-30-2008, 07:59 AM
re: judges

what are the criteria's that the judges look for in either the mild to wild category. I know that when the judge looked at my car, he only took 1 min, and that was just looking at the front of the vehicle, peeked into the engine bay, and peeked into the interior. did not go around the vehicle. i placed my car in mild, but i had sutble design details throughout the vehicle. just want to know so i can look into them for next year.

ShortShifter
09-30-2008, 10:42 AM
LOL! I think you mean Touché .. word used when someone brings up a good response. Term came from fencing.

No....I meant "True say"...with the little dude ---->*rockout*

EMPOWERD
09-30-2008, 12:13 PM
the one thing i say to Randy every year is i would like to see bimmercruise in the summer, but really that, like the food issue is nitpicking.

The original date for the show was Aug 24th, but found it conflicted with the Wheels Direct Block Party. The summer weekends are numbered, and larger GTA shows scoop them up. I try hard to plan it on a weekend without any SCCA/BMWCC & ricer events. Turns out that it rained on Aug 24th! If things indeed go forward with TMP, it will definitely be a mid-summer event.

Thats actually a good idea bud the judging will be hard. Only IASCA official can judge SQ with there certain cds they play and a really good ear. Ive been to them before. Needless to say I like the idea.

I have access (a certain maXmember actually) to possibly getting the event IASCA sanctioned for proper judging. That is a great idea and will definitely be implimented next year.

re: judges

what are the criteria's that the judges look for in either the mild to wild category? just want to know so i can look into them for next year.

It vary's from class to class, depending on the quality of cars that enter. In general, "wild" would consist of any two combinations of:

-motor swap
-forced induction
-aggressive visual mods (paint/wide-body/radical wheel pkg)
-crazy ICE

Hate to say it guys, but the more money spent on mods, the more points you get. Doesn't matter how tasteful they are. That's why we have "specialty awards" for judges favorite vs. point-spread. You can buy an '84 318i for $250, order every Motormaster accessory and probably win E30 Mild.

Gamite
09-30-2008, 12:17 PM
Hate to say it guys, but the more money spent on mods, the more points you get. Doesn't matter how tasteful they are. That's why we have "specialty awards" for judges favorite vs. point-spread. You can buy an '84 318i for $250, order every Motormaster accessory and probably win E30 Mild.

so if I spent, say oh, $900 on trim, that would yield more pts? So we should put prices on our mods? lol

richie_s999
09-30-2008, 12:25 PM
I just want to say, all of us have ideas on how to make the show better, I even offered an idea, and we need to realize that if the show is to be bigger and better, we need to help!!

I would like to offer to help however I can, so if the organizers can pm me, I will help with what I can.

If the event is at Cayuga next year, it will be alot of work, and if we all want these added parts to the show, I recomend we all step up and make it a world class show!!!!

richie_s999
09-30-2008, 12:27 PM
Oh ya, also when you enter a show, you should find out how it is scored in advance!!!!!

greekthang
09-30-2008, 12:54 PM
I just want to say, all of us have ideas on how to make the show better, I even offered an idea, and we need to realize that if the show is to be bigger and better, we need to help!!

I would like to offer to help however I can, so if the organizers can pm me, I will help with what I can.

If the event is at Cayuga next year, it will be alot of work, and if we all want these added parts to the show, I recomend we all step up and make it a world class show!!!!

I totally agree. Lets do Cayuga and will rent out a portable dyno for the event. Hell I'll even throw in a $100 towards renting one for the day but I get to do 2 pulls for free. You can hold me to that Randy

Romaz
09-30-2008, 01:51 PM
A big thank you to Randy and all of the people that contributed to this event!

It was great meeting some new faces and I had a blast as always!

Thanks and keep up the good work *th-up*

bimmersport
09-30-2008, 08:54 PM
On behalf of the Bimmersport Crew,

Thanks to Randy and Bimmercruise staff for putting on another great show. Also to everyone who came with us on our cruise to Bimmercruise. I have to agree though, the food/refreshment issue and as well with the venue. Personally, the applewood plaza shows were best because there was a variety of entertainment and resteraunts there, where as this show we were a bit restricted to the show..or fields of grass. I'm sure next year and the following years will be better, as this show gets bigger every year even with the amount of pressure put on him. Congrats Randy as Bimmercruise has come a long way. *rockout*

Sickbimmer
09-30-2008, 10:01 PM
Just wanted to thank Randy and everyone else involved with bimmercruise. The one thing I had a problem with at the show was the amount of people not willing to enter their 20,30,40,50k cars for a cost of $20. These shows can't happen without the support of sponsors and competitors. Just because you see another car with more mods doesn't mean you should drive away. Next year I hope to see more people competing.

Cheers.

Bimmerette
09-30-2008, 10:15 PM
^^ I will definitely be entering next year's contest. The only reason I didn't this year is because I didn't want people thinking that I thought my car had a chance at winning ;)
Plus, it was my first b/c. But next year, when I actually have rims, it will definitely be entered.

ImolaZHP
09-30-2008, 11:25 PM
Just wanted to thank Randy and everyone else involved with bimmercruise. The one thing I had a problem with at the show was the amount of people not willing to enter their 20,30,40,50k cars for a cost of $20. These shows can't happen without the support of sponsors and competitors. Just because you see another car with more mods doesn't mean you should drive away. Next year I hope to see more people competing.

Cheers.

as this was my first bimmercruise/bmw event.. i debated whether or not to enter and i did anyways, i knew i wasn't going to win any prizes, i just wanted to support the show.(mind you, i did have second thoughts as i was driving past your turbo m3 then the s/c m3,:eek: etc.) there was plenty of cars down the road and the parking lots that were nicely modified that definitely should have entered. for this year i guess it was okay though because the parking lot was full enough

Sickbimmer
09-30-2008, 11:58 PM
Just remember that there are different classes so that a car with rims and stereo won't compete against a super/turbo charged car with the same mods, hence the mild and wild classes.
Thanks to all that entered even though they thought they MIGHT not win a trophy.

ImolaZHP
10-01-2008, 12:37 AM
i knew that beforehand, it was just an intimidation factor.
..regarding the classes, i noticed a few cars that were not competing in the right class(mild vs wild). maybe for the next one, the people at the entrance should recommend which class to enter

///Maluco
10-01-2008, 07:43 PM
To Randy and the Bimmercruise Crew, Thank you for your time and your efforts in this event.
I look forward to it every year!

There were some good recommendations made.

BimmerboyPH
10-05-2008, 01:01 AM
Great event!! Thanks to Randy and everyone who helped make the day possible.

Cayuga sounds sweet for next year!!!!!!

Red_Rocket
10-05-2008, 01:54 AM
I dont know about anybody else but all the gravel roads on the cruise were too much. It went from one to another. At least until Port Perry. Way to much gravel. And the burnout contest, whats with the steel plates?

EMPOWERD
10-06-2008, 12:00 PM
There was one section before Port Perry (1.1 km long) gravel. You're complaining about 1.1km of gravel???

If you have a problem with the steel plate (obviously not, you didn't compete) take it up with the owner of the parking lot. It was his plate that he put on HIS pavement. While you're doing that, call a paving company and get an estimate to fix the asphalt after a burn-out contest.

5style
10-06-2008, 12:18 PM
There was one section before Port Perry (1.1 km long) gravel. You're complaining about 1.1km of gravel???

If you have a problem with the steel plate (obviously not, you didn't compete) take it up with the owner of the parking lot. It was his plate that he put on HIS pavement. While you're doing that, call a paving company and get an estimate to fix the asphalt after a burn-out contest.

*th-up*

You guys don t understand the dynamics of cost do you? what did you want, a free burn out contest that allows for ripping up of pavement? get real. I agree with randy, the gravel wasn t bad either it wasn t lose and i didn t get a single chip , if you did, you drove too close, so your loss.

carmv4
10-07-2008, 12:41 PM
It looks like I missed a good show. I had every intention of coming but ended up going to H2O instead. There's always next year.

BMW.325IS
10-13-2008, 12:36 AM
was there any sort of video for the cruise?

ZHP_Bimmer05
10-13-2008, 03:15 AM
GREAT SHOW RANDY!!, i know its late lol didnt notice this thread lol feel free to give me a holler if you need help with music again for next year. Dont for get to give me a shout out next time:p Im sure next year will be well organized. If you need help, im here.

Lots of sick cars out there guys, i was astonished made the ZHP look blah lol definitaly not missing next year.

Slowered318
10-17-2008, 05:04 PM

Obviously not... this is a BMW club isn't it?

I guess nobody has heard of bleach and dish soap?