PDA

View Full Version : fan delete

BmW1819
09-27-2008, 07:51 PM
i was doing some research but didn't find much how hard is it to do and is there any good write up on it and how realible is it for over heating and making sure the fan kicks in

andicanada
09-27-2008, 08:01 PM
nothing easyer then that when you have a AC
jump a wire in the fuse box and get a diff. temp switch and you are set

BmW1819
09-27-2008, 08:18 PM
even if your ac still works it doesn't matter?? than fan will cool it enoght even tho it's behind the rad?

andicanada
09-27-2008, 10:08 PM
yep for the first question and yep for the second you can also go and by a slime line fan and mount that right in front of the radiator when you want to but you will not need that for a stock engine.

craz azn
09-28-2008, 03:39 AM
even if your ac still works it doesn't matter?? than fan will cool it enoght even tho it's behind the rad?

The fan is too far away from the rad to make a significant difference. It needs a shroud or something to direct the air to the rad, otherwise the air will just go in all sorts of directions and not blow directly at the rad, since the fan isn't all that powerful. Is your car overheating or something? Why do you need this? Not really necessary man, especially for a stock car.

BmW1819
09-28-2008, 11:58 AM
yea just of thinking of future wise for motor swap but i just hate the nosie when reving up so loud. think my fan clutch is engaged all the time because it's always loud

andicanada
09-28-2008, 02:26 PM
i drive my setup for about 1 year already with the AC fan and i dont have any problems the AC fan is moving a lot of air sure a shroud would be not bad but you dont need that i drove by 35-45 plus in california with my AC on no problem with the stock fan and a i guess it is a 81 88 temp switch

Ej_Red
09-30-2008, 09:30 PM
Speaking from my own experience, the fan will not kick in at the correct time. Your car will run too hot and yes i did have the colder temp switch. The temps on the side of the rad are cooler then the one at the thermostat. The fan would kick in when the needle just passes the middle. If you're ok with that then try it. For some reason it didn't work well for me.

P.S And the AC fan is capable of pushing way more air through the rad the the clutch fan.