PDA

View Full Version : Questions regarding Bimmer Cruise 2008

summit425
09-22-2008, 08:49 PM
Hi guys

I think this season is my last chance to attend bimmer cruise in Canada and I'd like to join bimmer cruise 08.

Now.. Can somebody tell me what kinds of events will be held there?

I am thinking of bring my gf there and will you guys think she will get bored very soon? (let's say she is not interested in a car at all)

I don't like just park my car there can check other cars...

I want to do something else rather than taking pictures there.

Any idea?? BTW am I able to drive over speed limit that day?? (cop free?)

or it's just a follow tails to tails cruising??

Please let me know

Bliss
09-22-2008, 09:08 PM
http://www.maxbimmer.com/bimmercruise/faq.html

Most of your questions should be answered in the Bimmercruise section.

Red_Rocket
09-22-2008, 09:09 PM
Well if she gets bored theres an AMC right down the street, easily walking distance. lol
But believe its mostly car related such as burnout contests, show & shines, dynos, and such.

EMPOWERD
09-23-2008, 02:44 PM
There is a good chance that your G/F will be bored after just 1hr there. We try and offer entertainment (in the automotive-form) for spectators by means of a Burn-out contest and dyno runs. The dyno even has a light-tree to simulate 1/4mile racing! Unfortunately, there will be no "TV lounge" playing "Opera" or "Days of our Lives". Please take note that you cannot exit the show grounds with your car until it is over (5pm). As mentioned in the above post, there is an AMC Theather & Chuck E Cheese about 1km down the road that might keep her busy while you're at the show??

Bimmerette
09-23-2008, 09:27 PM
That's funny, I'm a girl and I would never bring my b/f because he's not interested in cars....however it is my first bimmercruise and I'm hoping I won't get bored myself. I only know maybe 2 people that are going, maybe even 1, and I've never met anyone else. I was thinking of bringing a friend but none of my girlfriends really like cars all that much. I'm excited for the cruise part but most of it is just going to be people socializing who've known eachother for years, right? And what was that about not being able to leave before 5? Are you saying that once you're there, you must stay there until the cruise takes off? I'm coming regardless, though.

ACS_DAN
09-23-2008, 11:29 PM
That's funny, I'm a girl and I would never bring my b/f because he's not interested in cars....however it is my first bimmercruise and I'm hoping I won't get bored myself. I only know maybe 2 people that are going, maybe even 1, and I've never met anyone else. I was thinking of bringing a friend but none of my girlfriends really like cars all that much. I'm excited for the cruise part but most of it is just going to be people socializing who've known eachother for years, right? And what was that about not being able to leave before 5? Are you saying that once you're there, you must stay there until the cruise takes off? I'm coming regardless, though.

I'm also in the same boat. I've met a few people on here 4 or 5, and this will also be my first cruise of all. Hopefully it won't be the last. If everybody else on here is as cool as the 4 or 5 people I've meet on this forum, then it'll be 140 percent awesome!

I'll make a note to come and say hi to the female owner of the tinted e46 sedan

*wave*

Bimmerette
09-24-2008, 08:31 AM
*wave* makaveli2k