PDA

View Full Version : HI New guy here :) I have question for BMW dealer mechs. or apprentices.

jester1
09-18-2008, 01:46 PM
I had posted in the general forum but being new I think I put it in the wrong one. Maybe Ill have better luck over here.

It going to sound like a bad question but do you guys have to fight for hours while working flat rate at BMW in the toronto area (GTA)? Do you guys get along? Do you guys steal each others jobs or do the advisors selectively assign work orders to the people they like. Do you guy work as a team and help each other out or is it to each his own? Enlighten me on how BMW works and treats their employee's.
Thanks I would like to hear from you guys or girls.
*th-up*

elroy
09-18-2008, 02:43 PM
not sure how it works at BMW but when i did co-op at Toyota, everyone got along pretty well. obviously theres those who are closer to each other than everyone else. Jobs are given out mostly in order on whose done first, but favoritism does play part when it comes to the bigger jobs (8+ hours by book). They used to help each other out when needed but even then, that didnt happen very much as each was pretty independent.

jester1
09-19-2008, 12:14 AM
Thanks Im just trying to see if the higher end dealerships are different or not.
For what it worth GM was the worst!