PDA

View Full Version : Need major help/advice!

bullett
09-09-2008, 06:34 PM
Guys, my car is acting up badly. This has happened to me three times!

First of all my fuel gauge is not working, therefore i SUSPECT my fuel sending unit is dead.

It has shut down on me, failing to restart all 3 times. In order to start her up, i must hit the cover of the fuel sending unit (in the trunk) and play with the wires. once its started, if i move the wires around, it kinda wants to shut off, so im wondering if its the connector that goes to the fuel sending unit. Is there a way to check if this connector is good before i buy a fuel sending unit? Also, because my fuel gauge does not read properly, does that make it for sure that my sending unit is dead?

And can my fuel pump be at fault here? Because since after playin with the connector..the car runs fine. But in the mornings, the poor thing wants to almost die on me........

Some input guys, please!! is there a way i can test to see if the connector is fine ..or if it is the fuel sending unit?

just some side notes, i changed the spark plugs, and fuel filter.

parm
09-09-2008, 07:50 PM
If you car is a e34 i have a spare sending unit $250.00 came off a car with only 60000km

Trouble65
09-22-2008, 02:11 PM
Guys, my car is acting up badly. This has happened to me three times!

First of all my fuel gauge is not working, therefore i SUSPECT my fuel sending unit is dead.

It has shut down on me, failing to restart all 3 times. In order to start her up, i must hit the cover of the fuel sending unit (in the trunk) and play with the wires. once its started, if i move the wires around, it kinda wants to shut off, so im wondering if its the connector that goes to the fuel sending unit. Is there a way to check if this connector is good before i buy a fuel sending unit? Also, because my fuel gauge does not read properly, does that make it for sure that my sending unit is dead?

And can my fuel pump be at fault here? Because since after playin with the connector..the car runs fine. But in the mornings, the poor thing wants to almost die on me........

Some input guys, please!! is there a way i can test to see if the connector is fine ..or if it is the fuel sending unit?

just some side notes, i changed the spark plugs, and fuel filter.

Make sure that you have constant voltage coming out of the connector. if you wiggle the wires and the voltage drops then it's a wire problem.

If the voltage is fine then its a pump or relay problem.