PDA

View Full Version : Very Bad News Need A Lot Of Help

jamison67
08-27-2008, 02:39 PM
Hey guy well what happened was i had a 18 wheller decide to cut me off and take out my frt end,he ended up getting charged for it and the car will be fixed at no cost to me

Now for the bad news i just painted it this year a custom color from house of color and matching the paint will be next to impossible,and the motor is a rebuilt stroker with 288 cam and the engine compartment is all painted to show car condition,got rims and the interior is all done up,My happy sellers guess would say the car is worth about 12000 (thats what i would want)

now the insurance company has seen the car and what they are asking me for are comparables that these cars when fixed up like this that this is the price that it is selling for

So my question is does anyone now where i can find and print off fixed up
e30's that where sold or are for sale around the higher bargain price even if its going for 8000 i just need something to show the insurance company

thanks guys ur help is appreciated

carmv4
08-27-2008, 03:00 PM
Do you have receipts or anything for the paint job and engine parts/labour? If you do, and add it on top of the max. book value will it hit $8000+?

Here's a car that was sold with a similar motor and fresh paint:

http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105472

The seller was asking $7500. I believe Fel bought it.

Other than that your best bet is to check the classifieds here and on r3v. This is exactly why I got my car appraised. Hope this works out for you. *th-up*

jamison67
08-27-2008, 07:17 PM
im a bodyman/mechanic so as for the work i did it all myself and as for parts i got them all for cash so it would be cheaper,what was ur car apraised at and what do you have done to it

carmv4
08-28-2008, 10:56 AM
pm sent