PDA

View Full Version : Need Your Help Boys.

Nascar318is
08-26-2008, 05:07 PM
I'm thinking my waterpump is toast.

Rad is pissing a bit after I turn the car off.

I can here the Rad Fluid Bubbling

Engine shoots to red in under 5 minutes...

Rad is full.

No Rad Fluid in the oil...

Arash
08-26-2008, 05:16 PM
thermostat?

QUEEN AJAILA
08-26-2008, 05:19 PM
IF U NEED a rad u can have if thats what u need

carjoe
08-26-2008, 06:03 PM
rad cap?

Might as well do it all since you've got the system open...

jeffrie
08-26-2008, 06:55 PM
Ususaly you will have no flow without a WP ie rad wouldn't even get hot as no "hot" coolant is pumped to it, when cold take off the rad cap and start it, see if theirs any coolant pissing out of the little hole up top were the threads are for the rad cap, no flow = air in system, stuck closed t-stat or waterpump.
Hopefully you will not see a whole lot of tiny bubbles bubuling up in the coolant bottle and building pressure...That is the sighn of a blown head gasket.

Nascar318is
08-26-2008, 09:48 PM
Jeff: So far I turned the car on, opened the bleeder screw for the air, and alot of steam was coming out and hardley any spitting liquid(if that helps) also I noticed that the pipe going back into the rad(lower hose) was cold as crap and I was at 3/4 temp and then turned the car off. After the car was off that's when I noticed the hose start to get hot.. So any more diagnostics for me? I'm off all week and would be nice to fix this asap..

Jamil20
08-26-2008, 09:56 PM
It sounds like a thermostat to me.

ecuconnection
08-26-2008, 10:04 PM
while we are on the subject ... I replaced my rad and never put back the sensor that screws in the radiator housing and haven't noticed anything wrong ... It's obv a temp sensor but what does it tell the DME to do ? is it very important?

Nascar318is
08-26-2008, 10:21 PM
It sounds like a thermostat to me.

Oh man I hope you are right.. could do that tomorrow.. I hope it's as cheap as my tercel $15 lol*shiner*

jeffrie
08-26-2008, 10:25 PM
Jeff: So far I turned the car on, opened the bleeder screw for the air, and alot of steam was coming out and hardley any spitting liquid(if that helps) also I noticed that the pipe going back into the rad(lower hose) was cold as crap and I was at 3/4 temp and then turned the car off. After the car was off that's when I noticed the hose start to get hot.. So any more diagnostics for me? I'm off all week and would be nice to fix this asap..
Well that bleeder screw has always been useless for me, should follow it to the open bottle and look their.
IMO from what you have described; since you had a almost overheating engine (3/4's to red) and only one hose is hot = to me a T-stat (stuck closed), air in the system (would need alot to stop that much flow) or most likly the WP.

FYI I'm off tommorow @ 11:30am... Want me to pick up the dealer only T-stat for you from Elite BMW? I can easily stop by since I drive by it on my way home and deliver it for you.
Edit: FYI I do not know were you live anymore or seen your new house yet.

while we are on the subject ... I replaced my rad and never put back the sensor that screws in the radiator housing and haven't noticed anything wrong ... It's obv a temp sensor but what does it tell the DME to do ? is it very important?

Bear that sensor is to turn on the aux electric/AC fan if you were to ever get stuck in traffic and it's +40C outside which would need the extra air flow.

carjoe
08-26-2008, 11:13 PM
Jeffrie, I'll meet up with you to give the pump to Tony. I work at the Hospital on Smyth, Elite is around the corner...

jeffrie
08-26-2008, 11:42 PM
Sure butt... wait and see what Tony is doing first in case he's up in Ottawa and might want to do everything himself.

chromius
08-27-2008, 12:02 AM
I'm with Jeff, definitely sounds like the water pump. I've seen your exact symptoms on other cars with WP failures.

ecuconnection
08-27-2008, 12:06 AM
this is what maybe has happend up in there

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e193/rmortero/100_4208.jpg

Nascar318is
08-27-2008, 01:00 AM
Oh crap yeah that's wicked.. Jeff Give me your cell I'll pop by CT in the AM to see if they have any. Wonder what the dealer Charges for those things...

Should have got those parts at NAPA in the US, $53 for the WP and $23 for the T-stat..

jeffrie
08-27-2008, 01:24 AM
I do not have a cell (or what I call a leash). Can call me @ work tommorow with what ever plans you manage to set yourself up with & do not forget about Joe for your washer pump, I'm out the door @ 11:30am.

613-993-9095 say it's "important" to the slow talking retard who most likly will be answering the phone or I will not get any messages in our time frame.

Nascar318is
08-27-2008, 01:29 AM
K thanks Jeff Will do, if you do not hear from me , don't worry.

Joey: Don't bother for the pump, I won't make you rush like a tard to get some shit to me.. I've been without it for 3 years.. so I don't think a few more days weeks will kill me..

carjoe
08-27-2008, 03:53 PM
Sent the pump with Jeff. Spotted him at the top secret location...

Nascar318is
08-27-2008, 10:00 PM
Thanks Boys, Only place that had a T-stat Cheap was CT $33, Napa etc.. $55 and no one had them in stock:( So I'll be getting it tomorrow.. and stupid me.. going to Ogdensburg tomorrow.. Could have bought one down there, maybe I'll check on Water Pumps as well..