PDA

View Full Version : Rant: Zorro Muffler (Dundas)

commodore64
08-21-2008, 12:45 AM
I know I am a new user to the board, however I do wish to present some key information to anyone here looking to have any type of exhaust work done.

I was told by a friend of a Muffler shop located off Dundas (Sauga) named Zorro Discount Muffler, he had mentioned that the shop had good installations and prices (and positive customer support).

My 1st experience with the company was a bit negative, I had taken my vehicle in for a complete exhaust system (this was a 99 GS-T Eclipse) I was overcharged slightly and the performance cats had died out within 6 months of use, when I returned I was told it was my driving habits and was charged yet again ... Keep in mind I was running less then 14 PSI on a t04e the car was not the issue , the product was

I just recently had a custom muffler setup put on my 01 540I, I was conned into using there new "SS" brand muffler ... Off the bat everything was horrible, they lied to me about what they installed, instead of a 3 inch system they installed a 2 inch system which my mechanic found and "laughed." When I returned the Cust Service rep had acted as if it was my fault, and stated that all 540is and M5s use 2 inch piping (I laughed) the actual statement they gave me lied claiming it is 3 inch.

Further, they did nothing to help other then want more money to install another system even though they had installed garbage. I had contacted the company SS and found out the type of muffler I purchased was designed for Sport Compact cars with a 2inch diamater fitting and the retail list price was 119 , Zorro charged me 300 dollars for the system and another 100 for install

This company is absolute garbage, I made the mistake of returning thinking it would get better. On a side note I had contacted NoyzBoyz who I explained the situation, and funny enough they seemed to actually care more about me then the company that had ripped me off.

Thats my rant for the night :)

Ciao

Gamite
08-21-2008, 11:07 AM
Apparently all the good people who were at Zoro moved to Preferred Muffler in Oakville.

terrence330
08-22-2008, 12:48 AM
I was glad that I didnt go to zoro muffler either.

They quoted me $450 for a custom cat-back with SS muffler and i am pretty sure i can get it cheaper for my subaru

commodore64
08-22-2008, 01:52 AM
i just dont want anyone to put up with the garbage I had to, the main service rep whom sits in the little office is such a prick its unreal , he needs to be removed from his position, I have filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau

The S.S systems they have , had been explained to me by a good friend to be the absoulte biggest piles of junk on the market ,

Bullet Ride
08-22-2008, 08:34 AM
...located off Dundas (Sauga) named Zorro Discount Muffler

Sorry to hear about that. For future reference when getting work done on your BMW avoid any place that has "Discount" in the name. You get what you pay for. Or in some cases you don't... you get less than what you pay for.

alpine323
08-22-2008, 10:06 AM
Mistake #1 taking a BMW to a discount muffler place.....

Gamite
08-22-2008, 10:25 AM
Zoro used to be really good, I went there a long time ago to do my E34, and they really took the time to get it right. People still might be recommending them not knowing that their staff has changed.

5style
08-25-2008, 01:08 AM
I had my exhaust put in there, i paid 180. I brought the system however, all they did was custom pipe and hangers. No complaints, I guess it comes down to knowing what you are buying and research. Don t let others tell you what you need, research first.

Hasselhoff
08-26-2008, 01:41 PM
Zoro used to be really good, I went there a long time ago to do my E34, and they really took the time to get it right. People still might be recommending them not knowing that their staff has changed.

Good to know. I used to use and recommend them all the time when I was working as a tech. I had no idea that they had gone downhill so much.