PDA

View Full Version : adventures with random bimmers

Bimmerette
08-19-2008, 10:58 PM
There was a grey 320i today on bloor that was going pretty fast and I tried to keep up but then as I was approaching the red light slowly (he was already waiting in the lane beside mine) I saw him turn his head around and look at me and I could tell he was saying something to his friend about me/my car so I couldn't help but laugh silently to myself. Then, the next thing I hear is "Why are you smiling?" and "You better be smiling at me" lol...that just made me laugh more. Then I drove off in front of him.....db. :D

Also, a few weeks ago I went to Tim Horton's by Sq 1 with my friends and I noticed 3 bmw's parked together so I parked beside them (it was near the entrance anyway) and after I got out, some guys started complimenting my car and asking if it was for sale and such....we talked for a very short time and then I asked if this was a maxbimmer meet and they said "What's that?" and I felt like a fool.......*sad*

Trekz
08-20-2008, 12:01 AM
3 cars usually isn't maxbimmer meet :P

AceOfSpades
08-20-2008, 01:07 AM
gimme a call if you fell like meeting some max. members ;)

Eurostyle
08-20-2008, 01:54 AM
You wouldnt happen to be driving a black E36 coupe with aftermarket lights, would you???

Boots R
08-20-2008, 09:50 AM
Also, a few weeks ago I went to Tim Horton's by Sq 1 with my friends and I noticed 3 bmw's parked together so I parked beside them (it was near the entrance anyway) and after I got out, some guys started complimenting my car and asking if it was for sale and such....we talked for a very short time and then I asked if this was a maxbimmer meet and they said "What's that?" and I felt like a fool.......*sad*

I'm not gonna lie, that is pretty funny. :D

BMW_7
08-20-2008, 10:51 AM
LOL@u for seeking out random people just because they HAPPEN to drive the same car as you do

Bimmerette
08-20-2008, 11:21 AM
Eurostyle - no, I drive a black E46.
Vitaliy, I did absolutely nothing to instigate a convo with them. First I stopped at a red light and then I parked close to the entrance. LOL@u instead. lol.

punnzzells
08-20-2008, 11:24 AM
That was you on BLoor.... you were laughing at me!!! OMG!!!

punnzzells
08-20-2008, 11:28 AM
lol :D

just kidding..... wasn't me!

it's funny... that happened to me and AGSchnitzel last night too... some guy in an E46 M3 asked us to buy some rims from his old M3... no problem there... but we asked him if he was on MAX and he was like... huh? It's amazing how many people still aren't on a GTA based forum....

PS - don't wory Randy, I handed him some bimmercruise flyers.... :D

Come out to the meet in Woodbridge on Friday's... all the PERVS... ooops... BMW guys are there.. lol ! :D

billyr3d
08-20-2008, 12:28 PM
U live in the sauga area? I think ive seen you at 10&Eglinton. Did you live in thoses condos a year or so back?

Bimmerette
08-20-2008, 02:09 PM
No, I never lived in a mississauga condo (unfortunately) but I work somewhat close to that area.

spoony_prelude
08-20-2008, 03:05 PM
i always park beside bimmers too when i go to the mall, cause u know most of them are just as anal as u are about swinging their doors right into yours! its cool though how your so hyped about seeing other bimmers. bmw ftw!
jay

Eurotakeover
08-20-2008, 03:35 PM
i always park beside bimmers too when i go to the mall, cause u know most of them are just as anal as u are about swinging their doors right into yours! its cool though how your so hyped about seeing other bimmers. bmw ftw!
jay

Heh, I went to wall mart the other day and I saw a green 318i that looked pretty mint parked away from people. So I parked beside him. When im comming out i see the owners talking about my car and we get into a nice chat. btw people spread the word about maxbimmer... so many people dont know :huh?:

mirek
08-20-2008, 03:46 PM
Heh, I went to wall mart the other day and I saw a green 318i that looked pretty mint parked away from people. So I parked beside him. When im comming out i see the owners talking about my car and we get into a nice chat. btw people spread the word about maxbimmer... so many people dont know :huh?:

What did they say about your 92 stock 320?

Eurotakeover
08-20-2008, 04:05 PM
What did they say about your 92 stock 320?

Them - "Hey nice car man"
me - "Thanks, nice 318, are you a member on maxbimmer?"
them - "No... whats that?"
me - "Ontario bmw forum for bimmer enthusiasts, check it out"
them - "Yah I will. My girl was going to buy a 320, do you like it?"
me - "Yah its been awsome, reliable decent acceleration, all in all a fun car!, but im soon to be starting another e36 project"
them - "Sounds good, yah im buying a 330ci soon, should be good. Your exhaust sounds pretty good, have you done anything to it?"
me - "Nope, all stock, saving money for my project car, well i've got to run, see ya later man"
them - "Later!"

Went like that. Yes I have a good memory for conversations. Now you know why i'm stock dont cha.

AceOfSpades
08-20-2008, 04:28 PM
you should have said, "Your E46 sucks...now what?"

Boss17
08-20-2008, 04:35 PM
jay

LMAO it's so true, i always park beside bmw's or i'll park far away and my car will look all lonely. When I had my benz, ppl were so careless and would ding up my doors. The bmw is still in mint shape so i think i've learned a good parking method - park beside bmws, high end cars, or far from everyone.

Bimmerette, I've never heard a girl that is so into her ride and forum. It's funny how you asked if those guys were on MAXBIMMER. I did that on so many occasions and they always give me this confused look.

spoony_prelude
08-20-2008, 05:35 PM
lol one time some guy in a white slightly done up e36, pulled up beside me, told me i had a nice car, we talked for a few sec then i asked him if he was on max bimmer, he asked what it was so i told him a forum, so hes like oh ok ill check it out, he then asked what my name was, lights went green and right when we were about to go i said its spoony_prelude so he nodded then stopped and gave me a weird ass look, then kept going.
what can i say i always wanted a prelude when i was in highschool
jay

Eurotakeover
08-20-2008, 05:58 PM
haha i had a guy from brock pull up to me at a red light yesterday revving his old mazda rx7. It sounded like a van no joke. "I was gona peel out but I thought I saw a cop". I was lol'ing

Bimmerette
08-20-2008, 06:48 PM
... but we asked him if he was on MAX and he was like... huh?

me - "Thanks, nice 318, are you a member on maxbimmer?"
them - "No... whats that?"

It's funny how you asked if those guys were on MAXBIMMER. I did that on so many occasions and they always give me this confused look.

then i asked him if he was on max bimmer, he asked what it was

lol, I guess I wasn't the only one...

noodles101
08-28-2008, 01:20 AM
when i see bimmer drivers they always look angry and scary mannn lol

spoony_prelude
08-28-2008, 09:19 AM
when i see bimmer drivers they always look angry and scary mannn lol

its true when i had my e30 everyone else with e30s would always wave or highbeam, now with the e36 everyone seems more stuck up, and e46 drivers even worse, sorry to those who arent like that.
jay

Soldo
08-28-2008, 09:29 AM
I had no idea so many stock cars get so many compliments!!

Fel
08-28-2008, 11:09 AM
They're still BMWs... we compliment each other, that's how it goes, stock or not.

I had something similar happen a few months ago, I was at a gas station filling up the e34 (actually on my way to the friday meet), and a guy in an e36 pulls up beside me and says "nice car!"... I was like thanks, you too (it was). Then he drove away and I noticed on his window he had a Max sticker. Was gonna ask him if he was going to the meet, but he was gone before I knew it. Never found out who it was I've never seen him again (at the meets or otherwise).... sometimes this random shit happens.

Soldo
08-28-2008, 11:26 AM
The only encounter i had was with a BMW at a gas station late at night on my way home. The guy had a maxbimmer sticker on it. I caught up to it, and made a left turn at HWY 10 from west bound eglington, and he was right by me. When i made the turn my ass end gave out just a little, by accident! I guess this guy thought i wanted to race so he takes off and gets ahead oh me *rolleyes*

I was cruising along with this cool dude in front of me, and when we reached Burnamthorpe we both are headed right, and this guy hammers on the throttle to kick out his ass end and just ends up swing it back and forth almost loosing his car!!

As a result, i usually just keep to myself!

Furious
08-28-2008, 12:34 PM
whats maxbimmer?

mirek
08-28-2008, 02:55 PM
I had no idea so many stock cars get so many compliments!!

Especially ones with grey bumpers, stock bottle caps, and rotted out rockers :P

BMW_7
08-28-2008, 03:52 PM
i think this thread should be called adventures with random cock lololol

Bimmerette
08-28-2008, 04:19 PM
i think this thread should be called adventures with random cock lololol

I know, but then again, you're not really random

Soldo
08-28-2008, 04:23 PM
Hahaha, new generation Max is just awesome!!

BMW_7
08-28-2008, 04:31 PM
I know, but then again, you're not really random

how unfortunate

Bimmerette
08-28-2008, 04:34 PM
how unfortunate

tell me about it

Boots R
08-28-2008, 04:40 PM
lots of love in this thread

M3ti Compact
08-28-2008, 05:40 PM
Now THIS is "trying to keep up"

<object width="464" height="392"><param name="movie" value="http://embed.break.com/MzQ3Mzky"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://embed.break.com/MzQ3Mzky" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowScriptAccess=always width="464" height="392"></embed></object><br><font size=1><a href="http://www.break.com/usercontent/2007/8/BMW-335i-VRS-Lotus-Elise-Part-1-347392.html">BMW 335i VRS. Lotus Elise Part 1</a> - Watch more <a href="http://www.break.com/">free videos</a></font>

5style
08-28-2008, 08:52 PM
Elise handles better, 335 is heavy needs to brake harder in corners, but its alot faster, so i guess handeling isn t the end all be all :)