PDA

View Full Version : e30 starting issues

zackman17
08-19-2008, 09:50 PM
hey ok here i go my e30 has issues starting if i let it sit for a bit like 2 weeks it wont start it's driving me nuts what could this be last time i drove it it died on me and took a few min to re start. i got the lambada control code now it's not showing no error code... im thinking possibly cps sensor the car only has 200,000k and runs like a dream until now i replaced all the grounds 2 ..like wtff and my hood miraculosly wont close now im going to take a sledge hammer to my m20 and the hood if i cant figure this out soon. where should i start testing and how do i test

zackman17
08-20-2008, 06:36 PM
bump

T.Dot_E30
08-20-2008, 06:50 PM
more info on what it does would help. ... Like does it crank, etc.

Test for spark, fuel then injector pulse n you'll find your answer.

zackman17
08-20-2008, 06:56 PM
more info on what it does would help. ... Like does it crank, etc.

Test for spark, fuel then injector pulse n you'll find your answer.

last time i tested for spark and i had spark ut seems it wont start after a week or 2 of sitting and it smells nasty im thinking flooded engine due to leaking injectors is that possible? i havent checked fuel injector pulse how do u do that? i was also thinking cps that is the problem someone else had

supernaught
08-20-2008, 09:27 PM
leaky fuel line maybe?

zackman17
08-20-2008, 09:30 PM
leaky fuel line maybe?it's not leaking fuel i do need to do new lines soon but they are solid it's just not starting after it sits and it has to be boosted because the batter is a pos it had a dead cell the alternator is fine if i get it started after sitting for a while turn it off and start it again it will start right up. it's really pissing me off

SamE30e
08-20-2008, 09:37 PM
So it runs and starts fine when it's warm?

zackman17
08-20-2008, 09:39 PM
So it runs and starts fine when it's warm?

yeah that sounds about right it will even start a day or so after i initially start it. it's a 90 325i it doesent have the cold start valve thing but idk it's messed and it tuns a lil rough for the first min or so

supernaught
08-20-2008, 10:32 PM
after it sits and it has to be boosted because the batter is a pos it had a dead cell

I wonder what the problem/solution could be.....:confused:

zackman17
08-20-2008, 10:33 PM
I wonder what the problem/solution could be.....:confused:

sledge hammer to the motor and a m50 swap?

zackman17
08-20-2008, 10:51 PM
rag in the gas tank..then lit on fire......drive it off a cliff....OHH wait I CANT FKN START IT ahh shit ummm mb ill set it on fire and collect insurance..dam it's not insured right now..F@#$K my lifeeeee

supernaught
08-20-2008, 11:38 PM
sledge hammer to the motor and a m50 swap?

correct

zackman17
08-20-2008, 11:39 PM
correct

ok but i dont have the time or money right now DAMMIT

Eurotakeover
08-21-2008, 02:56 AM
I think you need a new battery lol. If its been sitting for a long time your battery will hate you. Next time you start it up rev it up to 2000rpm for 30 seconds. That will charge it.

zackman17
08-21-2008, 10:11 AM
I think you need a new battery lol. If its been sitting for a long time your battery will hate you. Next time you start it up rev it up to 2000rpm for 30 seconds. That will charge it.

the battery doesent hold a charge for more than 4 days i just boost it with the booster pack i have

aa34s
08-21-2008, 12:13 PM
try to unplug the fuel pump relay and plug it back
the fuel pump relay is always happen on my e30
if it start then you still can use for while, but i suggest you replace it
most ppl think that's the fuel pump problem , but you better check the relay first, it save alot of money

punnzzells
08-21-2008, 03:17 PM
here's what I would check...

check the plugs, make sure they aren't fouled
check the distributor and make sure there is spark
check in tank fuel pump ( under the seat )
check the outside fuel pump ( driver's side rear )
check the idle control valve
check the battery ( i'd replace it if there's a dead cell )

zackman17
08-21-2008, 03:25 PM
1.checked plugs not fouled put them in 2000km ago the look fine
2. checked there is spark
3.checked the pump is working.
4outside fuel pump? i thought mine only had the one pump????
5. i have ti get a icv but it's not jammed it's working right now.
6.stupid question but about the battery i went to ct they have no fkn listing of a battry for my car and they said it's not covered under warranty if it's not the battery that is for that car ...fkn stupid where should i get a battery the battery in it right now i 3 years old and it's too big what is the propper battery?

zackman17
08-21-2008, 03:29 PM
here's what I would check...

check the plugs, make sure they aren't fouled
check the distributor and make sure there is spark
check in tank fuel pump ( under the seat )
check the outside fuel pump ( driver's side rear )
check the idle control valve
check the battery ( i'd replace it if there's a dead cell )

yo mike these are the bbs rs style rims i was telling you about

http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109317

AWD_Guy
08-25-2008, 11:07 AM
My 325 wasn't starting either, and I found the fuel lines were pooched. You could see it spitting out under the car while you were trying to start, makes sense, no fuel, no start. LOL

supernaught
08-25-2008, 11:16 AM
leaky return line could allow the fuel to drain out of the feed line back into the tank, that might be why you have to crank it for a while before theres any ignition - pump has to send fuel all the way from the tank when there would normally be fuel already at the injectors.

I bought a Motomaster Eliminator battery from CT when my car had a slow drain. The drain caused it to freeze when I was away on trips in the winter. CT replaced it under the battery warranty 3 times as long as I had the receipt. They gave me no grief over the model of the car. Besides you can get a good battery for $100 at CT. Then find out where your drain is.

kungfucious
10-30-2008, 12:38 AM
i had similar sickness with my 325e. it sounds like its fuel related which was my prob. short answer... theres a secret fuseable link in the trunk thats susceptible to being blown/worn out.

i had intermittent problems starting. would have troubles on warm starts, sometimes erratic revs, one time just died a slow death while waiting at a red. before you check that though... make sure your O2 sensor is clean and the DME is working cause if either of those arent... theyll mess up your fuel delivery too.

zackman17
10-30-2008, 12:42 AM
i had similar sickness with my 325e. it sounds like its fuel related which was my prob. short answer... theres a secret fuseable link in the trunk thats susceptible to being blown/worn out.

i had intermittent problems starting. would have troubles on warm starts, sometimes erratic revs, one time just died a slow death while waiting at a red. before you check that though... make sure your O2 sensor is clean and the DME is working cause if either of those arent... theyll mess up your fuel delivery too. i thought i checked that link but does it have a fuse?
im confused basically it's the main wires running from the battery right? i didnt see any fuse. i havent checked my o2 i will do that this weekend. more info on the fuseable link

SamE30e
10-30-2008, 08:05 AM
If it runs and starts when it's warm, it could one of the coolant temp sensors.

zackman17
10-30-2008, 05:44 PM

i had intermittent problems starting. would have troubles on warm starts, sometimes erratic revs, one time just died a slow death while waiting at a red. before you check that though... make sure your O2 sensor is clean and the DME is working cause if either of those arent... theyll mess up your fuel delivery too.

where is the fuseable link i cannot find it

scott-[2CZY4
11-13-2008, 11:05 PM
well thanx for stayin till 6am putting my engine in zack. im now havin the same prob wont start. it wasnt pumping fuel up to my fuel rail so i pulled the line put an external pump and force pumped the fuel it seems to work fine onli had it runnng for 2 min as now rad or clutch slave in it