PDA

View Full Version : What is my car worth???

uber e36
08-19-2008, 08:17 PM
Guys,

Ok, so I'd love to hear what you think my car is worth!

http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106915

Please, no posts saying $5. Seriously, what do you think the fair market value is?

Thanks!

-Geoff

JazzM
08-19-2008, 09:03 PM
Geoff, you have a nice car which is very tastefully modified. Unfortunately only a fellow BMW enthusiast will be able to appreciate it in its entirety and thus you'd have a very had time selling it at the higher end of the spectrum.

Generally speaking, modifications don't add any value to the car. On that note, you'd have to consider what the going rate is for a similar car with similar millage and condition. That said, $4,300-5,900 is the range currently in Autotrader for 325IS 92-95.

Due to the cleanness of your car I'd probably say its going to sell for between $6,500-7,500.

If you want to get the most for it, you're better off selling your modifications and putting the original parts back on (or trading with the new buyers).

Good luck,

T.

///tyron
08-19-2008, 10:33 PM
Geoff, you have a nice car which is very tastefully modified. Unfortunately only a fellow BMW enthusiast will be able to appreciate it in its entirety and thus you'd have a very had time selling it at the higher end of the spectrum.

Generally speaking, modifications don't add any value to the car. On that note, you'd have to consider what the going rate is for a similar car with similar millage and condition. That said, $4,300-5,900 is the range currently in Autotrader for 325IS 92-95.

Due to the cleanness of your car I'd probably say its going to sell for between $6,500-7,500.

If you want to get the most for it, you're better off selling your modifications and putting the original parts back on (or trading with the new buyers).

Good luck,

T.

+1 un-fortunetly, our cars(e36) are getting older. I'd say 5-7, somewhere in that range.

propr'one
08-20-2008, 10:47 AM
^^about right. If i was going to sell my e36, i'd probably be looking for about 7-8K. having said that, it will be rotting in my driveway before i sell it for 8K.

Boss17
08-20-2008, 05:44 PM
I just recently sold my brothers 1995 BMW 325is w/ 184,000km for $8000. We had to lower the price numerous times. They're tough cars to sell, especially when they're modded. As it was said earlier in this thread, only an enthusiast can truely appreciate and shell out money for this kind of car. Good luck with your sale though.

uber e36
08-21-2008, 06:37 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys - I respect all of the opinions from the members above!

I know that they only person who would buy my car is someone who was going to mod an e36 anyways, and can take advantage of the discount on the mods instead of buying them all new themselves.

I have no need to sell, but I was considering joining a golf club, and thought if the sale of the car was close to covering my first years initiation then I may do it.

I think this car is destined to be my garage queen and get tinkered on for the next 40 years!

spoony_prelude
08-21-2008, 06:51 PM
^^about right. If i was going to sell my e36, i'd probably be looking for about 7-8K. having said that, it will be rotting in my driveway before i sell it for 8K.

not to crash your thread, but properone i think ive only seen one pic of your car and im not even sure if it is it, could u post some pics up of it? im super curious as to what Mr H.I.D rocks on those warm summer days
jay

XtremeKaz
08-21-2008, 08:21 PM
id consider buying it for $5K range

propr'one
08-22-2008, 02:39 AM
^^spoony_prelude,

I'm in NJ right now on vacation, i'll post some pics when i get home

Its a black 1998 328i with an m3 front, M3 mirrors, clears all around, 18" m5 wheels, dropped, HID everything, blackout grilles, painted trim/mouldings/doorhandles, stock sport package, system, custom all black interior, some m3 goodies sprinked around etc. Couple little performance things, 3.38LSD, s52 ecu, pulleys, etc.

took most of the fun stuff out of it, it used to have an xbox and tv's and shit.

my winter car will be more of a big deal this year, i bought an iX red e30 5spd coupe, and, unlike pretty much every car i've ever had before, this one (probably) isn't gonna be black.

edit: found a pic, its not this slammed anymore, couple little things are diff too.

NOTE: whoever took this pic, if you still have the highres pls pm me.

spoony_prelude
08-22-2008, 10:29 AM
^^ thanks man!
looks nice! both your cars!
jay

noodles101
09-21-2008, 02:48 AM
is this car still for sale?
im really really really really interested cuz my friend is buying my 328i
pm me plz

ProStreetDriver
09-21-2008, 03:29 AM
uh wow! thats a sexy car...

uber e36
09-21-2008, 01:18 PM
Thanks guys... I'm always considering selling it although I'm not actively promoting it so feel free to PM me...