PDA

View Full Version : e39 seat fitment question

tyler_27
08-13-2008, 10:59 AM
Hey guys quick question. Will seats from an e39 528i fit in an e34 235i. The seats from the e39 are power and heated i don't know if that would make a difference or if they would even fit at all. Anyone try this or know off hand?
Thanks

e46it
08-15-2008, 04:41 PM
if you want to keep the power options active then no the harness are differnt.

Gamite
08-15-2008, 07:58 PM
why do you want E39 seats? 535i seats come powered and heated too

tyler_27
08-18-2008, 03:55 PM
just a question...My mom is giving me her e39 528i when she gets rid of it, and i don't want to invest money into it(she didnt take very good care of it) and I was looking at an e34 but it didnt have leather seats in it. And the e39 has a really nice dark purple interior I wasn't sure if the seats would fit if i were to buy an e34. Thanks for the help though guys!

europrince
08-18-2008, 04:43 PM
what do you mean she didn't take care of it? what's wrong with it?

why are you so insistant on getting rid of a car you're getting for free? you've made several posts on this? why would you go from an e39 to an e34? if you don't want the car that bad, why doesn't your mom just sell the car and pocket the money?

tyler_27
08-19-2008, 08:53 AM
because she won't get much for it?...hence why she is jsut givign it to me if i want it. She jsut didn't take very good care of it what more is there to say...theres a ton of kilometers on it, several rust spots, a crack in the front bumper, 2 missing trim peices a broken button on the dash, sunroof just stopped working, has some electrical problems, im not sure if that qualifies for you. Don't get me wrong i love the e39 i jsut don't want to have to dump a ton of money fixing these issues. Not to mention its automatic and not having to worry about a transmission at least right away. not worth it to me.

Gamite
08-19-2008, 09:19 AM
Keep the E39 rather than get an E34. or sell the E39 as a whole, and then get something else.

tyler_27
08-19-2008, 09:34 AM
But how much could i even get for a car in that condition with 250k on it? because i am guessing not very much at all

europrince
08-19-2008, 10:08 AM
Keep the E39 rather than get an E34. or sell the E39 as a whole, and then get something else.

Exactly...

Plus, some small rust spots on that car at that age are ok. I bet they're around a door bottom, gas cap area, trunk lid bottom and/or bottom of a three quarter panel. That's normal for that car. Trim pieces and dash buttons are relatively inexpensive, especially if you buy from a junk yard. There is a bimmer shop outside of KW, probably not far from you, that parts out german cars. He had an e39 this past winter. I can find the contact info for you if you want. I'd get a diagnosis done on your sunroof and electrical issues. They may just end up being something really small and inexpensive. The crack in the front bumper can be fixed and painted for a few hundred bucks cash, I'm sure. A ton of kilometres? I put 350kms on my e39 before I walked away from it. Lots of guys on here have 200km plus on their cars. Like other people on here, I'd hate for you to give up on such a good car you got for FREE just because you don't feel like putting in some TLC into it. I wish you'd appreciate what you have and appreciate the gesture you mom gave.

europrince
08-19-2008, 10:32 AM
oh, and another thing. unfortunately, you have to pay to play with bimmers. if you can't afford to fix the e39, do you think maintaining an older e34 is better? plus, even if your mom didn't take great care of the car, at least you know how it was cared for. its the devil you know vs. the devil you don't know.

tyler_27
08-19-2008, 10:51 AM
Yeah thats true. I know the repairs would be fairly inexpensive and i am willign to give it some TLC but i would like to jsut take it in and get an estimate on hwat the bigger issues would cost. I think i know the place outside of KW you are talking about and i also live fairly close to another shop(or possibly the same one) Appreciate the advice guys

Gamite
08-19-2008, 11:26 AM
But how much could i even get for a car in that condition with 250k on it? because i am guessing not very much at all

My 300K E34 probably is in better condition than most E39's.