View Full Version : e34 door swap issues, HEELLLPP!

08-07-2008, 09:04 AM
Hi guys I changed the doors on my 525i but the wiring for the door lock seems to be different. The back ones aren't a problem it's just the two fronts.

before when I turned the key it was mechanically moving the solenoid I think. On the doors I put on it's controlled by a switch.

On the doors I took off the actuator is attached to the latch. On the doors I put on the actuator is different and is attached to the handle assembly.

I think I need to wire the key switch to the solenoid somehow to trick the central locking system into thinking I am pulling up the pin that unlocks the doors from the inside.

If that's the case I will need to disable the double locking feature. Is there a fuse I can remove that does this, or am I going about this all wrong. Any help appreciated.

08-07-2008, 07:34 PM
Hey Jamestown

I went through the same issues I can refer you to the teck who did mines, i don't think the doubble locking has to be bypassed, and you would have to lock you car from the trunk or by pushing the lock down from the inside.

08-07-2008, 09:04 PM
I can already lock the car with the drivers door from the outside, I just can't unlock it from the outside.

I can do without the interior door locks if I have to, I just don't want to keep using the trunk lock to get into my car.

I'll call you later and see who this tech is, maybe I can ask him how to do it. I'd rather do it myself if he can tell me what to do.

08-07-2008, 09:31 PM
switch the wires so you can unlock the door and just lock the doors by pressing down the lock from the inside thats how mine is.