PDA

View Full Version : 325e vs. SLK32AMG

85eta
02-06-2003, 06:29 PM
I'm afraid I dont have any great stories (as my car aint that fast), but during a tight autocross last year (top speed was 80km/h in my "e") I beat a CLK32AMG handly in each run! Now my car handles pretty well, but I guess this guy couldnt drive, beacuse that car should beat me?....shouldnt it? It was great to see my name above his in the results though! By the way, the winner of the event had an e30 M3 with a full racing dynamics suspension.

Lennon
02-06-2003, 06:43 PM
Hahaha, now THATS what I'm talkin about! Suck on that merc!*th-up*

openwheel
02-06-2003, 10:12 PM
Really an SLK32. Well I guess the guy could not drive. and the supercharger is a little slow at low end. Plus the MB always starts in 2nd gear, so if he/she did not know to override the gearbox...really slow launches. But 349 bhp and an AMG tuned suspension should, and I say should be faster anywhere than an E30 eta

Lennon
02-07-2003, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by openwheel
Really an SLK32. Well I guess the guy could not drive. and the supercharger is a little slow at low end. Plus the MB always starts in 2nd gear, so if he/she did not know to override the gearbox...really slow launches. But 349 bhp and an AMG tuned suspension should, and I say should be faster anywhere than an E30 eta

Na, your wrong, an E30 ETA could beat the pants off any new merc!:D

98323IS
02-07-2003, 02:25 AM
That was one fast car.. i saw it !!!

M3_Styles
02-07-2003, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by 85eta
I'm afraid I dont have any great stories (as my car aint that fast), but during a tight autocross last year (top speed was 80km/h in my "e") I beat a CLK32AMG handly in each run! Now my car handles pretty well, but I guess this guy couldnt drive, beacuse that car should beat me?....shouldnt it?

you mean slk right??

85eta
02-07-2003, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by M3_Styles
you mean slk right??

Oh Crap! my bad......ya SLK32AMG

crusher
07-29-2003, 01:45 AM
sorry to revive this old post but I had an encounter with the famed SLK 32 AMG tonight!

I was making a left turn on I-m & I-16 when I was doing about 40k on a steep curve when this SLK look car came at my tail and starts tailing me, so I went to the right side and let him through but for the devils sake I got some trills and went for it, i would say by fourth we were dead even till fourth gear I gained a little bit till I almost redline and when i'm just going for fifth he chickens out and quits WTF is that? So the next light he lines up again and he spuns the wheels MAD!!!, I sware this guy is f*cked or something. Anyways, so I went my merry way and is heading on my bmw dealer when here he comes again!!! wtf, so I say ok go a head and what do I see? SLK 32 AMG I was like OH SH*T.... I taught he was driving some SLK 320 or something! I'm pretty sure he should have assrape me after the corner!!!!

SickFinga
07-29-2003, 03:22 AM
autox is all about skill, first time i went i got beaten by stock CIVIC DX auto with a child seat inside.

TiemenT
07-31-2003, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by SickFinga
autox is all about skill, first time i went i got beaten by stock CIVIC DX auto with a child seat inside.

auch... I love it when some 18 year prick in their Honda CRX stands next to me, and then I smoke them :cool:

Bavarias_Finest
08-17-2003, 05:28 PM
SLK 32 AMG
349 bhp -- 3.2 L Supercharged V6
0-60 -- 4.8

The guy most definitely could not drive and you in your own write have done a fine job with your car and can most definitely drive since you beat him. The fact is the SLK 32 has almost the same numbers as the M Roadster and it is a bullet when driven properly. It ranked below the M Roadster in Motor Trend due to the handling not being quite as clean, but performance numbers were almot identical.