PDA

View Full Version : This seem like a steal!

parm
08-05-2008, 01:52 PM
http://www.trader.ca/powerpage/details.aspx?vlotid=1302885&adid=7156889

any issues of this year to look out for?

Thanks in advance for your imput.

parm

Bullet Ride
08-05-2008, 03:04 PM
It's not really a steal, it has enough km's on it. Find out if it was winter driven.
The earlier M5's have been known to consume a bit of oil.
The clutch is a bit weak for the amount of power it has (totaly fine under normal driving, but driving aggresively will cause the clutch to slip from time to time).
Tires are expensive to replace (because it's fun as hell to drive:P)

people will probably tell you that there will be VANOS problems and all that jazz but as long as it has been taken care of and had it's regular inspections it should be a solid car.

I have a 2001 and the only thing thats happened to me so far is that i've had to replace a MAF, O2, and cam sensor.

NateoriouS
08-05-2008, 03:37 PM
took a look at this car yesterday. It's for sale near my house in Markham, looks good in person too. Didn't talk to anyone about it though. The dealer that is selling it has tons of high end cars in the showroom. This M5 is sitting on a stand outside. Hwy 7 and Bullock

Quack
08-05-2008, 05:52 PM
there's a BMW tech that lives in my building, he has a friend selling a E39 M5 with the same colour combo, not sure if it's the same car, it has a bunch of Dinan parts on it, I think he was asking $23,000 for it, the only problem seems to be the Vanos is going.

parm
08-07-2008, 06:57 PM
Hey Quack You mentioned that th m5 might be from your building and that the vanos is on the way out, I checked the car today and it seemed like the one you described, anyways what makes the previous owner think that? Plus pass. side had some body work?

Quack
08-07-2008, 08:12 PM
was the guy you saw a black guy with a shaved head?, if it was him than he's the one that works at Parkview, he doesn't own the car he just works on it, he's trying to sell it for a friend, the price is low & is slightly modded by Engineer Automotive, but like I said the Vanos is going, he was trying to tell me it was normal, I have 7 friends with E39 M5's & none of them does that.

parm
08-07-2008, 10:06 PM
I talked to lakeside bmw he told me as long as the vanos is not making alot of noise should be in good shape. I too heard it's normal for slight rattel?Any ways i made an offer on the car hope they bite hoping to be driving that car this weekend I am going to blow mine PLC!!!

Qube
08-08-2008, 12:25 AM
Blue? Is that blue water? Mmmmmmmmmmmm... bidding war :)

parm
08-08-2008, 08:03 PM
That car is sweet!!

parm
08-17-2008, 10:30 PM
I put a deposit on the car and it's ready to pick monday but i think I am walking away from it not happy with the financing rates etc. I so pissed.....

bimmerjoe
08-18-2008, 12:13 AM
^^ dude that car is mint i saw it every day at sams garage. i bought my first bmw from them. good people very honest.

parm
08-18-2008, 07:23 PM
yeah but being a 2000 their is only a 36 month finance plan, this makes very high payment. I was hoping for a 4 or 5 year plan with the deposit i offered. I don't feel like eating mr. noodle for the next 36 months even though 400hp is worth it.

Qube
08-24-2008, 03:02 PM
What? You didn't take it? Hmmmm I need to swing by for a look see... how's the condition?

denisemichel
08-24-2008, 03:06 PM
thats not a steal at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Qube
08-24-2008, 03:15 PM
thats not a steal at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Care to elaborate?

T.Dot_E30
08-24-2008, 09:52 PM
you wanna finance an 8 year old car for more than 36 months?? at what interest rate? probably way above prime.....i'd say thats a bad decision.

Buy something you can afford. (Sorry but it's the truth) If you can't afford the payment, i dont know what will happen when it comes to maintainance.

parm
09-04-2008, 06:58 PM
NEW M5 owner on the block!!

So I bought the car after all on my line of credit 4.3%, Damm I never expected the M5 to be such a beast of a car, I had lake side BMW give the car an overall check everything looked mint, thats what sold me on the car.

Qube
09-04-2008, 07:11 PM
Congrats! Love the color. I checked it out too, but I can't justify the added insurance, and can't draw against the HELOC on it. Messes up my retirement plans in 17 years. I'll pick one up then :)

Take some good pics!

bimmerjoe
09-04-2008, 07:16 PM
congrats bro!! is anyone on here from markham?

NateoriouS
09-04-2008, 07:19 PM
^ yup me... ahah lol

bimmerjoe
09-04-2008, 07:30 PM
yea man i know your from here lol..

parm
09-04-2008, 08:13 PM
I used to be from markham does that count? I got a broker set me up with half decent ins. Going to swap the wheels this weekend.

Fel
09-05-2008, 09:45 AM
I'm from Markham... for now at least. Won't be here much longer.

Congrats on the M5 man! That's an epic purchase, you've just stepped into a new category.

bmwm5lover
09-05-2008, 11:14 AM
NEW M5 owner on the block!!

So I bought the car after all on my line of credit 4.3%, Damm I never expected the M5 to be such a beast of a car, I had lake side BMW give the car an overall check everything looked mint, thats what sold me on the car.

You don't understand the way your life will improve as a result of this purchase. Driving will no longer be a drag, it will be an experience, fuel consumption will be of no concern as long as you can hear the sweet exhaust note, the left lane on an empty HWY will be your own little landing strip late at night, you will freak at gas attendants if they place the gas cap on your paint, and people around you will be envious of your ride, even if their ride may be worth multiple times more than yours.

Welcome to the elitist club of M5 owners. The ultimate sedan.
Now join www.m5board.com and let the experience trully begin.

Fel
09-05-2008, 12:51 PM
You don't understand the way your life will improve as a result of this purchase. Driving will no longer be a drag, it will be an experience, fuel consumption will be of no concern as long as you can hear the sweet exhaust note, the left lane on an empty HWY will be your own little landing strip late at night, you will freak at gas attendants if they place the gas cap on your paint, and people around you will be envious of your ride, even if their ride may be worth multiple times more than yours.

Welcome to the elitist club of M5 owners. The ultimate sedan.
Now join www.m5board.com and let the experience trully begin.

BWAHAHAHA Terry.... **** man, you could do commercials for BMW.

MLue1
09-05-2008, 01:56 PM
congrats bro!! is anyone on here from markham?I'm in Markham, do you guys do get togeathers?

parm
09-08-2008, 07:05 PM
Thanks Terry that was heart warming, I must say everyday i come home and see my e34 sitting all alone and I must say i miss driving it, and it turned more heads than the M5,