legger
07-30-2008, 12:52 PM
Package Includes:

-Engine
-Stock ECU
-Clutch
-Tranny
-SWAP ready package

This is a stout racing engine...that being said still a completely bone stock runner at 200HP. Powertrain has been very well maintained and updated accordingly. It has run nothing but Amsoil/BMW synthetic fluids running through it that have been changed every other race weekend.

Engine was completely rebuilt and prepared for racing 2 1/2 years ago with a complete new car build by a very well respected race engine builder that charges big $$$. At the end of the season when we replaced the tranny and clutch we had the engine gone through completely and completely tuned and tightnened...and it was found to be perfect. Clutch and tranny were replaced less than a year ago with less than 25 hours on them since, and working flawlessly today in the car.

Our other 3 cars run built E30 325 engines and we will be stocking spares accordingly, and having only one S14 just complicates things. No other reason for the sale, the engine is fresh, the tranny clutch are updated recently and the package has three championships in two years! The engine will rev like crazy, but rarely, if ever gets within 1000 rpm of the redline...

$6,000 OBO.

Please email or call...no PM's as I check very rarely.

jello_g
07-30-2008, 01:33 PM
...it is built to go beyond 8000 rpm all day and night.

Nice, but that is quite the claim!

punnzzells
07-30-2008, 01:48 PM
Wow.. all bone stock parts?

Wingking
07-30-2008, 02:40 PM
Nice, but that is quite the claim!

it is no longer a claim, and has now rarely seen the redline....

legger
07-30-2008, 03:02 PM
if it pleases everyone I have removed the 8000 rpm claim as it cant be realistically substantiated...I can only simply state my engine guys claim it, yet they still leave my tach redlining at about 7000-7200 rpm.

thanks for all your support guys, nice intro to the forum.

jello_g
07-30-2008, 03:39 PM
legger, welcome to the board. Pls. don't misinterpret my statement... There is no malicious intent on my part. If there were a way to make these motors bulletproof at a low cost the entire community would be all over it (ok, maybe just the S14 folks).

legger
07-30-2008, 04:01 PM
No doubt, no offence taken.

I come from the road racing world...where I have 325's in most of our groups cars, and one with an S14. It kills me to sell this powertrain because quite simply it is wonderfully light in a race car, it was designed to be raced hard like any M series motor, and it revs way beyond any of our 325's...while making killer power.

BUT...

It just makes no sence having one different engine when we have trannies, clutches, parts cars...etc for 325's kicking around, and only one S14 that is quite expensive to stock spares for. From a racing engine standpoint we can spend a lot less money on 325's, run them ragged, and just try to put stupid horsepower into them...knowing if we blow one up we can easily get one out of spares, and then go out and get another one easy enough and start over.

S14's are excellent street or race engines, just not easy to get parts at the track on weekends when/if you are having issues...not too mention we have some rental customers that are contracted to big $$$ and they expect the cars to run seemlessly and if they break they want them fixed then and now.

jr racing
07-30-2008, 05:19 PM
Legger post this on s14.net.

junior

maroli
07-30-2008, 06:06 PM
Package Includes:

-Engine
-Stock ECU
-Clutch
-Tranny
-SWAP ready package

This is a stout racing engine...that being said still a completely bone stock runner at 200HP. Powertrain has been very well maintained and updated accordingly. It has run nothing but Amsoil/BMW synthetic fluids running through it that have been changed every other race weekend.

Engine was completely rebuilt and prepared for racing 2 1/2 years ago with a complete new car build by a very well respected race engine builder that charges big $$$. At the end of the season when we replaced the tranny and clutch we had the engine gone through completely and completely tuned and tightnened...and it was found to be perfect. Clutch and tranny were replaced less than a year ago with less than 25 hours on them since, and working flawlessly today in the car.

Our other 3 cars run built E30 325 engines and we will be stocking spares accordingly, and having only one S14 just complicates things. No other reason for the sale, the engine is fresh, the tranny clutch are updated recently and the package has three championships in two years! The engine will rev like crazy, but rarely, if ever gets within 1000 rpm of the redline...

$6,000 OBO.

Please email or call...no PM's as I check very rarely.

sorry, how many kms on the engine? or is it just totally rebuilt to as new?

legger
07-31-2008, 10:02 AM
bought the engine in the race car off a buddy I race with. The engine had 90,000 ish KM on it when he bought it to swap into a non-M3 E30 chassis.

He had the engine completely dissassembled and rebuilt by a very good race engine guy with Speed World Challenge race car experience. Almost $4,000 was spent to get it prepared...(that was 2 1/2 years ago)...then 9 months ago it was openned up again at the end of the 2007 season and checked over with some minimal work being done.

A race engine runninng CASC regionals might get 3-4 hours a weekend x 8 weeknds a year, so this engine realistically has maybe 70 hours since a complete rebuild, and less than 25 hrs since a complete looksy inside.

If for some reason I dont sell the engine before the end of the season (end of Sept)...I will have it openned again and I doubt I will need anything again other than some clearance/valve adjusting which we would do either way.

Ideally I would have this sold before then and the new owner can go get it looked at as they proabably would anyways.

tominizer
07-31-2008, 10:44 AM
I agree that you should post this on S14.net. I don't think you are going to get any bites here, especially with that price.

Gleb
08-01-2008, 01:17 AM
Legger, need some E30 drivetrain parts? Transmission, diff, driveshaft.
Just pulled it off my 325i. Going with E36 bits. Let me know.
Hope to make at least a FEW races this season :(

BTW, I know the guys who worked on that S14 motor. IT IS a very good engine, if anyone is interested. If I am not mistaken that engine/car won its class last year.
Would love to get it for my 318is... but I am spending way too much on the race car as it is :(
I agree with the advice here, post it on S14.net
Good luck*th-up*

legger
08-01-2008, 08:29 AM
The car has three championships in the last two seasons, Sprints and Vintage G70+...should win GTB Sprints this year as well, it is in second right now only because it missed the first weekend. The car has been super reliable...blew up the clutch last year and was replaced as well as a new tranny as it was showing that it maybe needed to be replaced sooner than later.

Come watch it in action with the powertrain next weekend at Mosport.

Definetely may have some interest in the tranny and diff btis...give me a call Gleb.

legger
08-01-2008, 08:34 AM
I have it listed at $6,000 OBO, realistically I am looking to get less than that but just wanted to get rid of all the low ballers that don't know the rarity of this engine.

Realistically I would be happy to get into a built M20 or M50/52...in the 200 HP range...with a little money left over (after selling the S14)...for some big brakes and maybe some stiffer springs.

Or better yet get a 6 CYL M engine that will give me another 50-75 HP so I can get the car into the lower 1:30's at Mosport.

legger
08-04-2008, 10:36 PM
$5,500 Obo.

legger
08-26-2008, 01:30 PM
Update...actually has a Dinan chipped ECU, good for around 220 HP and a 7800 rpm redline. I can also include a track only exhaust, no cats obviously...but a real expensive piece!

Looking to upgrade the race car to a 6 cylinder in the fall...$4,850 OBO?

craz azn
08-26-2008, 11:16 PM
7800rpm on stock S14 valvetrain? lawl

legger
08-27-2008, 10:23 AM
Wow...spent a lot of time on other forums, mostly racing and Subaru related forums...but the comments from some guys on "for sale threads" in this forum blow my mind.

Been very honest in my desription of the engine...Didnt say anywhere that I run the car on the redline all day long, I just indicated what the chip does that we are using.

As far as engine internals...when this engine was built, it was completely rebuilt to race, by a very reputable race engine builder that was already acknowlegded by another community member that actually races BMW's. So in retrospect I doubt it is all "totally stock internals"...I would rather under sell, than over sell.

Thanks for all the continued support...LAWL.

*th-up*