PDA

View Full Version : Supercharged Scammed Me

VSanj
07-29-2008, 08:53 PM
anyways, its not a HUGE deal, i just hate being lied to.

a while back I posted a thread asking if anyone had a computer for sale. I needed something to burn CD's and store some mp3s on so i didnt care much for looks brand etc. well here is my exchange with supercharged

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPERCHARGED
I have an Enachines 1.2 GHZ 128mb ram 80 gig HD with 17" Flat monito, i want a $100 for it.

Originally Posted by VSanj
were can i see??

does it have all the software loaded on it?? Is the monitor lcd or no?

I just reformattedt it and instaled windows xp on it. monitor is not lcd. my number is 6472711249

cool i will call you tommarow..........what color is it btw

its black and silver.

sorry bro.....i was busy today.....are u free tommarow i wanna come grab it.

does it have a cd and dvd burnre in it??

Ya, i just put in an HP cd burner in it, but i didn't have the drivers, for it, so it doesn't work, but you can get drivers from hp, i just didn't bother.

cool..............consider it sold.......i can meet up tommarow with 100 bucks cash in hand....were do you want to meet??

I can post up the exact transcript from my pms....ie screenshot to prove that i havent altered this.

so what is my problem............well 100 bucks is not a lot of money but dude didnt have a keyboard or mouse.....no biggie, i used my own, also monitor was in ROUGH shapw with paint on it, no biggie i only spent 100 bucks.

I hooked it up used it once, than i didnt touch it for a while, when i did i got a pleasent surprise!

so whats my issue?? The computer is ONLY 40GIG not 80 like he told me, also i installed drivers for the burner and it still doesnt work like he said it would.......so now i have a 100 doller ****in brick in my basement. The whole point of getting it was to store and burn music....thats why the 80g was important, thats why i specifically asked for a burner.

so i send him a PM last month and he flat out denies having said that it was a 80g......i dont mind a honest mistake but dude flat out lied. he asked me if i can show him were he said 80 gig. also he said he DIDNT know if the burner worked cause he had no drivers.....read the exchange does it sound like he ws unsure that the burner would work???????

anyways i was clearing out my PM's and i found this exchange, i have saved all the messages so if anyone can tell me how to post a screenshot i will.

In the end, its only 100 bucks, but its the principal....also i never thought a fellow membor would rip me off.

mirek
07-29-2008, 09:14 PM
Well technically he just said he put a cd burner in it, never said it worked. Also you said you'd come and pick it up before he even mentioned it had a burner.

I'm pretty sure I have a couple burners laying around and a 160gb or 250gb sata drive i can send you if it has sata, as long as you cover actual shipping.

VSanj
07-29-2008, 09:18 PM
^^Thanks bro, the burner part is cool, i got a external one that i can use. just a little dissapionted with the whole way it was represented.

if anyone wants a 40 gig computer with a non functioning burner for 100 bucks let me know.....lol

propr'one
07-29-2008, 11:36 PM
I'm sure i have a burner somewhere aswell If you need it, let me know.

Also, make sure that everything is set correctly. Did you look in the box itself? are you sure its a 40 gig drive? mabye it was formatted improperly?

I have done buisness with pooyan many, many, many times over, and he has always gone out of his way to help me out. I'm sure this is more of a misunderstanding than a scam.

slemmer
07-30-2008, 12:06 AM
Sorry to hear about your misadventure. I've got tons of parts at the office. Let me know what you need and I'll hook you up!

VSanj
07-30-2008, 08:25 AM
^^thanks for the offers steve and ivan,

im positive it is a 40 gig. anyways, i know the seller has a good rep. maybe it was a honest mistake, but it still sucks.

propr'one
07-30-2008, 01:36 PM
^^i agree:(

SUPERCHARGED
07-30-2008, 03:22 PM
Wow, i cant belive you made a thread about this. I told you bro it was an honest mistake, I was pretty sure I told you 40 gigs on the phone when we talked after, I know I typed 80 in my msg, but at the time i hadn't really looked at the computer for 2 years and remembered the HD space it to be 80 gigs.

About the CD burner, you know as well as me that it was just something extra I was throwing in. and it worked perfectly fine in the PC i took it out of, the only problem was the drivers which i told you about.

I have sold many items on this site and no one has ever had a problem with any of them, I was not trying to scam you in any way, and i really don't appreciate you posting this. I mean There is a huge sticker on the front of the computer that has you all the stats, dont you think if i was trying to scam you, I would have taken that off. I mean come-on i have better things to do then scam ppl on 40 gigs of HD space.

Even if you knew the HD space was 40 gigs, my price would have still been the same i might have went down to $80 if you offered it. and im pretty sure you would have still bought the computer, since you were not just getting a HD, but a PC and 17" monitor, thats why i offered you $20 back as my loss for my mistake, but you didn't wanna take it. you would rather make a threat about it. thats fine bro, what ever makes you happy, no hard feelings, but please don't call me a scammer.

Pouyan,

ZHP_Bimmer05
07-30-2008, 05:00 PM
^^ agreed with supercharged, no one likes to be called a scammer unless they really ****ed you over. If it was a really expensive product then complain, bought for this? Unessasary.

VSanj
07-30-2008, 05:11 PM
^^lol, so you would drop 100 bucks, not get the product that was represented and not care. I wish i had your loot.

ZHP_Bimmer05
07-30-2008, 05:15 PM
dude you got something, you didnt leave empty handed.

VSanj
07-30-2008, 05:15 PM
Wow, i cant belive you made a thread about this. I told you bro it was an honest mistake, I was pretty sure I told you 40 gigs on the phone when we talked after, I know I typed 80 in my msg, but at the time i hadn't really looked at the computer for 2 years and remembered the HD space it to be 80 gigs.

About the CD burner, you know as well as me that it was just something extra I was throwing in. and it worked perfectly fine in the PC i took it out of, the only problem was the drivers which i told you about.

I have sold many items on this site and no one has ever had a problem with any of them, I was not trying to scam you in any way, and i really don't appreciate you posting this. I mean There is a huge sticker on the front of the computer that has you all the stats, dont you think if i was trying to scam you, I would have taken that off. I mean come-on i have better things to do then scam ppl on 40 gigs of HD space.

Even if you knew the HD space was 40 gigs, my price would have still been the same i might have went down to $80 if you offered it. and im pretty sure you would have still bought the computer, since you were not just getting a HD, but a PC and 17" monitor, thats why i offered you $20 back as my loss for my mistake, but you didn't wanna take it. you would rather make a threat about it. thats fine bro, what ever makes you happy, no hard feelings, but please don't call me a scammer.

Pouyan,

you only offered my 20 bucks back after i suggested you should..........so dont act like it was your suggestion.

Ok agreed maybe you werent actively tryin to scam me, but i spent 100 bucks for a 80 gig computer with a burner. bottom line, the computer is 40 gig and the burner doesnt work...........i know how to install drivers, trust me. But im still stuck with a product that IS NOT what you told me it was. So i PAID for something that was misrepresented.

Seeing your rep on here and i trust ivans judgement, i would say it was a honest mistake. But in the end im stuck with a 100 doller computer that i cannot use for the reason that i bought it for.............that sucks.

VSanj
07-30-2008, 05:16 PM
dude you got something, you didnt leave empty handed.

ok so if i went to go buy a car mp3 deck, but the seller gives me a cd car deck instead for the price agreed upon. i shouldnt complain after install, cause AT LEAST I GOT SOMETHING?????

Dude thats by far the weirdest logic i have ever been presented with.

on a sidenote, i saw yoru ride at bovaird and worthington yesterday in front of the pizza pizza, looking good homie!

mirek
07-30-2008, 06:33 PM
ok so if i went to go buy a car mp3 deck, but the seller gives me a cd car deck instead for the price agreed upon. i shouldnt complain after install, cause AT LEAST I GOT SOMETHING?????

on a sidenote, i saw yoru ride at bovaird and worthington yesterday in front of the pizza pizza, looking good homie!

Well, technically a better analogy would be, you were looking for a cd deck, you find one you agree to take it, he then tells you it's actually mp3 too, and later find out mp3 doesn't work. You still get what you wanted,

VSanj
07-30-2008, 06:40 PM
^^nope, your missing the whole 40 gig vs 80 gig argument, the cd burner is a side argument.

but the main one is he said the computer was a 80 g but it was 40g. SO a better anology would be that you were told that the car you are buying has a M3 engine, it turns out it really was a 328 engine.............and the cd player in it didnt work to boot....lol.......but its a honest mistake, so i should just shut up and enjoy what i bought! YEAH!

ZHP_Bimmer05
07-30-2008, 06:56 PM
well i would make sure b4 i gave the money, i know technology too much to **** me over. I bought splitters from EuroSpec. They said its all finished and just bolt on no need to paint if you dont want too. Paid 60$ i still have them, didnt put them on the car, a 80$ down the drain including shipping. You get what you pay for. You dont see me giving bad rep to EuroSpec. Im sure if the computer you got from supercharged was like $500 it would be worth 500 dollers, those bug would be working. So once again, you cant expected everyting you want went you buy used.

VSanj
07-30-2008, 07:07 PM
You know tech well, maybe i should take you along on my next purhcase...lol

agreed the money is not a major amount, but i didnt think a fellow max member would say a product was something that it wasnt

lesson learned.

The Question
07-30-2008, 08:55 PM
I bought splitters from EuroSpec. They said its all finished and just bolt on no need to paint if you dont want too. Paid 60$ i still have them, didnt put them on the car, a 80$ down the drain including shipping. You get what you pay for. You dont see me giving bad rep to EuroSpec.

I don't understand the validity of this complaint? You bought splitters from "Party A" . You OPTED not to put them on your car and feel this is any more then you paid for what you wanted, chose not to use it, thus the money down the drain had nothing to do with "Party A" or their product, rather your choice not to use it.... correct me if im wrong.
If that is how it worked out then we don't see you giving EuroSpec a bad reputation because you have no reason to. Just wondering how this pertained to the thread topic.

ZHP_Bimmer05
07-30-2008, 10:15 PM
like the product wasnt what i expected, the part was all scuffed up, corners all grinded, like house you suposed to put a peice like that on a car. i didnt want to paint them, i wanted the same plastic black finish to match the mouldings. So they were useless to me so I ended up going OEM and I got a much better product, and better quality and finish. saying again you get what you pay for. I have the right to complain if i wanted to cause Eurospec email saying the Finish on the part is like OEM, I can show you the difference and you will see.

ZHP_Bimmer05
07-30-2008, 10:16 PM

What ride the bonneville? or the Bimmer?

rodo
07-30-2008, 10:52 PM
like the product wasnt what i expected, the part was all scuffed up, corners all grinded, like house you suposed to put a peice like that on a car. i didnt want to paint them, i wanted the same plastic black finish to match the mouldings. So they were useless to me so I ended up going OEM and I got a much better product, and better quality and finish. saying again you get what you pay for. I have the right to complain if i wanted to cause Eurospec email saying the Finish on the part is like OEM, I can show you the difference and you will see.

So why don't you complain??? You'd rather keep something that was wrongfully advertised to you? :confused:

ZHP_Bimmer05
07-30-2008, 11:06 PM
ye but i cant really complain cause look @ the price, 60 bux comepared to OEM $600bones. Theres no point, i should have known myself but i didnt put 2 and 2 together.

VSanj
07-30-2008, 11:09 PM
What ride the bonneville? or the Bimmer?

it was the bimmer, im pretty sure it was yours. same color same rims.

it was at the bovaird fortinos plaza

Jon@Bimmersport
07-31-2008, 12:55 PM
****ing Supercharged scammed me too. He said I can borrow his kidney grills and next thing I know I owe you $150? FOR GRILLS?

lol jk

Both of you guys are good guys so I can say shit.

DriveItSideways
07-31-2008, 01:14 PM
but i didnt think a fellow max member would say a product was something that it wasnt

Thats what I thought about Eurostyle, I learned that just because this is max, doesnt mean you can automatically trust the ppl here.

Your in the same boat I was in last year, except I lost alot more money.

VSanj
07-31-2008, 01:41 PM
^^i feel your pain now bro, sorry i reacted like a jackass when your situation was going down.

My bad!

VSanj
07-31-2008, 01:57 PM
****ing Supercharged scammed me too. He said I can borrow his kidney grills and next thing I know I owe you $150? FOR GRILLS?

lol jk

Both of you guys are good guys so I can say shit.

lol

im not doubting that he is a good guy, actually he was pretty nice to me.

but this situation is messed

DriveItSideways
07-31-2008, 02:21 PM
^^i feel your pain now bro, sorry i reacted like a jackass when your situation was going down.

My bad!

Its cool bro, we all act a fool on here sometimes :P

mirek
07-31-2008, 04:07 PM
^^nope, your missing the whole 40 gig vs 80 gig argument, the cd burner is a side argument.

but the main one is he said the computer was a 80 g but it was 40g. SO a better anology would be that you were told that the car you are buying has a M3 engine, it turns out it really was a 328 engine.............and the cd player in it didnt work to boot....lol.......but its a honest mistake, so i should just shut up and enjoy what i bought! YEAH!

not really, cause 40gb hd = 6$ and a 80$ hd costs 8$

Better analogy would be you were buying an m3 engine and a pack of skittles, but you got an m3 engine, with no skittles

hard drives are SO cheap now, you can get 1000GB hd for 150$.,

Offer still stands, I can mail you out a HD,

VSanj
07-31-2008, 04:59 PM
^^its cool bro, appreciate the gesture.

I probably just gonna get a new one this weekend

jeremy
07-31-2008, 05:33 PM
No more analogies.

He was told it was 80 gig, it was instead 40 gig. The rest doesn't matter.

Solution: Get a couple bucks back from the seller or return it and get all your money back/

VSanj
07-31-2008, 07:37 PM
^^Thank you!

ZHP_Bimmer05
07-31-2008, 11:12 PM
it was the bimmer, im pretty sure it was yours. same color same rims.

it was at the bovaird fortinos plaza

Ye that was me leaving work lol

330Hi
08-01-2008, 01:13 AM
You should've gotten an IPOD instead! :)

Furious
08-08-2008, 03:26 AM
supercharged isnt a bad guy, ive met him a few times, and hes even bought parts off me. he doesnt seem the type to try to rip you off, sometimes stuff like this happens.
good luck in resloving