PDA

View Full Version : Who runs a front plate?

Eurotakeover
07-29-2008, 03:06 PM
Simple enough. I just wanna see how people have their front plate mounted.

EMPOWERD
07-29-2008, 03:09 PM
I think you should be asking how many people DON'T run front plates. From what I see.. 90% of us run front plates to avoid unwanted heat (despite how nasty it looks). When I travel in the U.S. often i'll remove my front plate. Never any problems there because the local state police don't know Ontario laws.

Eurotakeover
07-29-2008, 03:10 PM
Interesting. I thought It was the opposite.

BMW_7
07-29-2008, 03:43 PM
I took it off, well that lasted about a week

98Dinan3
07-29-2008, 04:06 PM
I ran without mine for a few months... even got pulled over with it off, and nothing was said about it. I put it back on just to avoid giving "them" a reason to stop me, and potentially find something else...*angel*

propr'one
07-29-2008, 04:35 PM
When i first got the car i ran it cause i was a pussy. When i got the M3 bumper i stopped running it, never got a ticket, but got pulled over a few times & got warnings. When i got my personlized plate, i started running it again.

bmwm5lover
07-29-2008, 04:39 PM
I didn't run it. Got 2-3 tickets. Now I run it.

AceOfSpades
07-29-2008, 09:15 PM
I didn't run it. Got 2-3 tickets. Now I run it.

same lol. i have it against will:(

Junaid
07-29-2008, 09:39 PM
Yea i do only because the front plate bracket is mounted on the bumper with screws

Furious
07-29-2008, 10:50 PM
i didnt have one for a while but now i have it back on. i dont need the extra attention.

nX07
07-29-2008, 10:55 PM
I've always rocked it; I find it flows nicely on the front.. at least on the E46.. there is a big spot for it on the OEM bumper.

ShortShifter
07-30-2008, 10:14 AM
Always sported the front plate...its not worth the hassle...

Fel
07-30-2008, 11:03 AM
I do... More because of the fact that the bracket looks ugly without the plate there.

I took my car through a car wash once and it ripped my front plate right off... I lost all the screws but got the plate, so it sat in my car for about 2 months before I decided to go buy more screws and put it back on. Wasn't bothered even once during that time by the cops. And I saw plenty of them on the road, they just didn't really care. I guess a black e34 525 is low key enough not to warrant the attention.... usually it's the done up coupes that get the heat.

NOTORIOUS VR
07-30-2008, 12:30 PM
I think you should be asking how many people DON'T run front plates. From what I see.. 90% of us run front plates to avoid unwanted heat (despite how nasty it looks). When I travel in the U.S. often i'll remove my front plate. Never any problems there because the local state police don't know Ontario laws.

I'd be careful with that... my friend almost got a ticket for not running his Ontario front plate in a US state where no front plates were required.

My friend tried to argue to the cop that front plates aren't required in the state they're in currently, the cop said it didn't matter since he's not from that state, and in Ontario a front plate is required.

Needless to say, he had to mount his front plate right then and there to avoid the ticket.

Bullet Ride
07-30-2008, 12:33 PM
People should try running their plate(s) mounted upside down just for kicks. Is there legislation dictating the orientation that the plate has to be in? Those ugly body kits are already mounting them crooked.

Fel
07-30-2008, 02:25 PM
People should try running their plate(s) mounted upside down just for kicks. Is there legislation dictating the orientation that the plate has to be in? Those ugly body kits are already mounting them crooked.

Yeah, just as a side note..... what the hell is it with those rear kits with the crooked plates sunk into the body?? It's so gay it's not even funny...

zackman17
07-30-2008, 02:44 PM
hahah...i dont think this was done for kicks tho :D

Fel
07-30-2008, 02:53 PM
http://www.coolpl8z.com/pl8z/final/coolpl8z_dumblonde.jpg

http://www.coolpl8z.com/pl8z/final/coolpl8z_debiswreck2007.jpg

R.S.C
07-30-2008, 02:56 PM
Ran without mine for 5months no issue.... then 2 Tickets and 1 warning, within 2 weeks. I then mounted it on my dash. All was good for weeks then got another tickets. Now it's installed behind my bumpers mesh. *thmbsdwn*

But it'll be off again soon enough. :moon:

davericher20
07-30-2008, 03:12 PM
ONly got stopped once for not having it by street patrol, he didn't do anything, but stared at me when i put it up to 6000 rpm off the line lol. After that I've never put them on both my cars.

KrisYYC
07-31-2008, 03:07 AM
Front plates aren't required in AB *smoke*. So I never have and never will run a front plate, not that I care what my current ride looks like anyway.