PDA

View Full Version : Clear bra

Allstar_e36
07-29-2008, 02:37 PM
Hey Guys,
I would like to get the front end of my car clear bra'd. (hood, fender, bumper, nose panel)

Anyone know a place i would be able to get this done locally (mississauga), what is the best type of clear bra? im thinking its the 3M ones, dont want it to get yellow after a few years.

How much would that cost around?

- Sunny

///Maluco
07-29-2008, 03:31 PM
Autobahn Auto Salon & Accessories Inc.
(416) 739-0001
4646 Dufferin St. North York
(Dufferin north of Finch)

I've seen excellent results on some Bimmers.

Fel
07-29-2008, 04:11 PM
Isn't it noticeable? Every time I see one of these there is a line across the hood that sort of stands out. I just got a paint job and was considering this to keep it fresh, but I was worried about the possible shortfalls of clear bra. Is it improving?

///Maluco
07-29-2008, 04:27 PM
You're adding a thickness of clear material onto a surface, so you'll always have a line/edge that would be visible.
It's more noticeable when you have dirt along the edge...simply clean it off and it'll be okay.

Allstar_e36
07-29-2008, 11:17 PM
Also if you have a darker coloured car it wont stand out as much.
Thanks ///Maluco

///Maluco
07-30-2008, 09:07 AM
Also if you have a darker coloured car it wont stand out as much.
Thanks ///Maluco

no problem....but remember to clean the wax residue along the edge of the film after your waxing applications because that can also make it more noticeable on dark cars too.

toy4to
07-30-2008, 11:24 AM
You DON'T want the 3M brand. Stick to Ventureshield. It is much smoother, less visible, and doesn't yellow. My 4yr old 3M clear bra has yellowed, and I barely drive my car and garage it all the time.

www.detailingshop.ca and ask for Sean, he is the installer.

Hey Guys,
I would like to get the front end of my car clear bra'd. (hood, fender, bumper, nose panel)

Anyone know a place i would be able to get this done locally (mississauga), what is the best type of clear bra? im thinking its the 3M ones, dont want it to get yellow after a few years.

How much would that cost around?

- Sunny

1 Serious
09-11-2008, 10:11 PM
Really?
http://picasaweb.google.com/Motoring2008/VentureShield#